If he's signed to replace Reynolds in the squad and McKenna is staying then I'm ok with him coming back. He knows the club and the league and isn't made of glass like the talented Hoban. But he should not be first pick. But as a back up option he's better than Reynolds and far more reliable physically than Hoban.

If he's signed to replace Reynolds in the squad and McKenna is staying then I'm ok with him coming back. He knows the club and the league and isn't made of glass like the talented Hoban. But he should not be first pick. But as a back up option he's better than Reynolds and far more reliable physically than Hoban.

Like most folk I’m not exactly thrilled at him coming back but agree that he’s a decent backup to have and with knowing the game up here he wouldn’t struggle to adapt when called upon

Trying to take the positives, we know what he’s about and he should be good enough for Lithuanian posties. And unlike Hoban we’ve got him in early for that job.

If by two year deal what Derek really meant was get us to August, still in Europe till we work out what Villa are going to offer on the last day for Scotty and then we’ll see then I’m as on board as so I can be.

But Taylor and Consi LB in a McKenna-less permanent back 4 is the stuff of absolute nightmares.

• Upvote 3
Guest the shepherd

Quite happy with Ash Taylor coming back to Aberdeen. He was part of a sometimes excellent Aberdeen side of 2016-17, and is safe and reliable providing he sticks to the basics and keeps away from trying to emulate Baresi or Beckenbauer. Welcome back loon.

Ash gave us goals against sticky teams with his presence in the box, goals and assists. Defensively he's shocking, but does that matter against the team's we struggled against this season which cost us 2nd? The big money needs spend on chance creation. We scored 1 in 3 or 4 chances when we had Rooney, ran out winning by 3 or 4 most games, now we don't create that many chances in a game.