Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

I was on Union street earlier today, was like a scene from the Walking Dead! some amount of loon balls and dodgers in Aberdeen these days, that's before you even get to the beggers, young Asian women begging, never seen that before, what's that all about!!

Is it because I'm getting older I notice more or is Aberdeen going downhill these days?

Crazy guitar wifey still on the go?

One string Mo?

I miss shaky heed manny, he was a hero.

The old man with white plimsoles who used to dunce at the big junction on King street was always worth a chuckle, think he lived in the old doss house just along from there.

The bandage legged wifie who used to be always seen in town hails from Bucksburn, think she's deed now.

the oddballs of old though are being swamped by a new breed of dodger, they're everywhere these days! :sherlock:

Aberdeen city centre is really nice.

You lot will complain about anything.

I'm not saying it isn't nice, just that the proportion of dodgers to normal folk seems to be on the rise!

Not that it affected my enjoyment, I quite enjoy seeing jakeys and chronic alkies go about their business.

Saw Highlander is ASDA Bridge of Don last week.

Still battling away.

Guitar Wifie got her name onto the Limited Edition Tennent's glasses, how the fuck did that happen?

The real annoying cunt is the boy that comes up asking where the Soup Kitchen is then tries to tap you for money.

Dinna give that chancer fucking onything :hunbash:

1343316582[/url]' post='795904']

The old man with white plimsoles who used to dunce at the big junction on King street was always worth a chuckle, think he lived in the old doss house just along from there.

The bandage legged wifie who used to be always seen in town hails from Bucksburn, think she's deed now.

the oddballs of old though are being swamped by a new breed of dodger, they're everywhere these days! :sherlock:

Dirty Gertie.

I mind we always used to see her dotting around Bucksburn.

Dirty Gertie.

Her brother worked with pigs, he always had a blue boiler suit on, he got banned from the Four Mile because he stank, I thought it was out of order, harmless bloke.

Think they're both dead now, not seen them in years.

Dirty Gertie.

Rumour had it she was more than a friend to several late night bus drivers! :blink:

btw KSL, my nephew was questioned by police yesterday over the Bankhead school fire, would make the family so proud if the loon is found to have been involved! :sherlock: I never liked the place anyway, i'll congratulate the daft lad in prison if he turns out to be the fire starter.

The toon was mobbed as well, do people not have jobs to go to!?

I've noticed this when I have ventured in to the city centre in my lunch breaks or on days off. Guess there are a few things that cause the amount of people in town:

- Students

- Oil workers (rotations)

- Unemployed

- Pensioners

I personally think Aberdeen is a complete dive - a city that thinks its better than it is.

If it wasn't for my job I would be out of here like a flash.

The Highlander is called Paradona, I remember reading about him in a magazine, think it was that Aberdeen magazine (vox??). He was asked who is idol was in the interview and he said Mel Gibson after seeing Braveheart! :hysterical:

• Downvote 1

An utter shit hole.

I came up at the weekend about 2 weeks ago, it was the first time in a few months and I couldn't believe the state of Union Street. It looks like something out of The Scheme.

It's also hoaching with neds and riff raff - thon cunts should be rounded up and sent to a gulag in Peterhead or somewhere similarly suitable...

• Downvote 1

To be fair big man, only in Edinburgh have I seen people going through the ashtrays on top of the bins looking for any spare tobacco, when I see that in Aberdeen I'll know we've hit rock bottom! :sherlock:

On a couple of occasions I was close to handing over my packet to the poor buggers, only my grippy Aberdonian instincts kept me from being charitable.

To be fair big man, only in Edinburgh have I seen people going through the ashtrays on top of the bins looking for any spare tobacco, when I see that in Aberdeen I'll know we've hit rock bottom! :sherlock:

On a couple of occasions I was close to handing over my packet to the poor buggers, only my grippy Aberdonian instincts kept me from being charitable.

Don't get me wrong Edinburgh has gone massively downhill in recent years as well. It's not all it's cracked up to be anymore.

But the case of Aberdeen is particularly sad because I remember as a kid Union Street being a smart place. I think we have some of the nicest architecture in Scotland, all that granite and pish, we could really make something of it, accentuate its features, but nae cunt bothers.

It's the fuckin cooncil, they da ken fit their deein.

smiley_sherlock.gif

What about the radger that used to cut about the Schoolhill area in the 90's with a bag of glue over his face, is he still alive?

He was quite entertaining as he went about menacing posh university types.

I remember him! Bumped into him on George Street a few times. It wasn't just glue, he was always on the lighter fuel as well. Probably dead.

Anyone remember the tattooed face guy, nicknamed MAF, which stood for "Mad as Feck". He stayed a few doors down from me and was friendly enough. He attacked some taxi drive and ended up as an EE headline titled "The Painted Man"

He used to hang around with a nutter with tattoos on his neck.

How're the dudes from Toxic Ephex doing? I always mind Dodds always used to play the bagpipes in his kilt and t-shirt near M&S and used to run around in a Reliant Robin!