Mcleish Away

How has it taken a month to do this. Yet again the SFA are a joke.

You'd like to think they've waited to get someone lined up before punting Eck but I won't hold my breath.

I think if approached McInnes would go. Think hes running out of patience for his next gig down south and it's probably the biggest job he's realistically going to get away from Aberdeen if he ever leaves.

It took them this long to do it because the last time they got into a mess by taking ages chasing after Michael O'Neill, everyone started complaining it was taking too long and they ended up taking McLeish in a panic just to shut everyone up. They thought if they dragged out the firing a bit longer then they could use that time to try and find candidates earlier, but then the media learned he was destined to be fired, they came under pressure over that, so ended up having to announce it now in a kind of half-arsed amateurish way.

Basically classic SFA - a series of panicky decisions made largely with the short-term goal of trying to stop the Daily Record writing nasty things about them rather than with any real view to the future.

• Upvote 1

It couldn't be because every week there's been another issue raised, from fan violence to sectarian chanting, which has raised questions over their competence and they're attempting to save face by throwing McLeish under the bus?

Nah.  They're just acting in the best interest of Scottish football.

It looks like this has slightly backfired though and folk are just asking why the fuck he was ever appointed, why it took this long to sack him and what they're planning to do for a replacement?  Shockingly none of which the SFA seem able to answer.

It took them this long to do it because the last time they got into a mess by taking ages chasing after Michael O'Neill, everyone started complaining it was taking too long and they ended up taking McLeish in a panic just to shut everyone up. They thought if they dragged out the firing a bit longer then they could use that time to try and find candidates earlier, but then the media learned he was destined to be fired, they came under pressure over that, so ended up having to announce it now in a kind of half-arsed amateurish way.

Basically classic SFA - a series of panicky decisions made largely with the short-term goal of trying to stop the Daily Record writing nasty things about them rather than with any real view to the future.

Or it could be that they sought legal advice prior to sacking him due to possible mental health issues.

Was he actually sacked or was it more of a mutual parting of the ways?

For me the replacement should be a younger coach and preferably one who is still actively involved in club management with a recent record of success.

I don't mind a foreign coach either if we can get a decent one.

Essentially the SFA have to unearth a bit of a gem for this and that's where it all falls down as they are utterly incompetent and too many of them are focused on their own self preservation.

The whole thing needs gutted to remove the rot.