Out Of Contract

Good point and guess thats for Mcinnes and Rogers to discuss over the summer

I think if falkirk had got promoted it'd be a no brainer for him to go back.

He's just had 3.5 years out on loan so probably has to stay at pittodrie now you would have thought

From the favoured 19 that ended the season

Lewis

Logan

Taylor - need a new centre half

Reynolds

Considine

Jack - Tansey or a.n.other

Shinnie

McGinn - need a right winger

McLean

Hayes

Rooney

Alexander - replaced by Rogers

O'Connor

Christie - Christie again please

Pawlett - can see McInnes twisting here and going for an extra central defender or central midfielder instead. Gives more opportunity for Wright and Ross

Storey

Stockley

Wright

Ross

I personally think that this is the clear out we could have done with last season

Last season it felt like Mcinnes had done the most he could with the players he had - the players gave their all last season and produced their very best

This season the outfield 10 has basically been the outfield 10 from last season - again the players have given their all and produced their very best

I said it at the end of last season we needed a bit of a clear out - we are fairly predictable in how we will play and good managers are able to nullify our threat.

Now we have the chance for the clear out and can hopefully improve and move forward

• Downvote 2

I personally think that this is the clear out we could have done with last season

Last season it felt like Mcinnes had done the most he could with the players he had - the players gave their all last season and produced their very best

This season the outfield 10 has basically been the outfield 10 from last season - again the players have given their all and produced their very best

I said it at the end of last season we needed a bit of a clear out - we are fairly predictable in how we will play and good managers are able to nullify our threat.

Now we have the chance for the clear out and can hopefully improve and move forward

well its convienent weve a chance to replace a centre half

as its a key area we need to improve.

Rooney, Hayes and McGinn are all 30 now so its not the end of the world to not be relying on those three but it would be great to hold on to Hayes for a bit longer.

Pawlett would have been on a decent wedge and mcinnes had more or less written him off so the money will be used more wisely hopefully

AFC Statement

Aberdeen FC this evening can confirm the following first team players have left the club after Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup final against Celtic.

Goalkeeper Neil Alexander, defender Ash Taylor, midfielders Ryan Jack and Peter Pawlett and striker Niall McGinn have now left Pittodrie. Peter had already signed a pre-contract with MK Dons.

Strikers Cammy Smith and Lawrence Shankland, and goalkeeper Aaron Lennox, who have all been on out on loan this season in the SPFL Championship, will also be leaving the club. Cammy has signed for St Mirren.

After the conclusion of his loan spell Ryan Christie has returned to his parent club.

As was announced earlier U20 players Robbie Mutch, Jamie Henry, Dylan Thomas, Aaron Norris and Joe Nuttall have also left the club.

Everyone at Aberdeen FC would like to thank all the players who are leaving for their tremendous commitment to the club, in some cases over many years, and wish them all the very best for the future.

AFC Statement

Aberdeen FC this evening can confirm the following first team players have left the club after Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup final against Celtic.

Goalkeeper Neil Alexander, defender Ash Taylor, midfielders Ryan Jack and Peter Pawlett and striker Niall McGinn have now left Pittodrie. Peter had already signed a pre-contract with MK Dons.

Strikers Cammy Smith and Lawrence Shankland, and goalkeeper Aaron Lennox, who have all been on out on loan this season in the SPFL Championship, will also be leaving the club. Cammy has signed for St Mirren.

After the conclusion of his loan spell Ryan Christie has returned to his parent club.

As was announced earlier U20 players Robbie Mutch, Jamie Henry, Dylan Thomas, Aaron Norris and Joe Nuttall have also left the club.

Everyone at Aberdeen FC would like to thank all the players who are leaving for their tremendous commitment to the club, in some cases over many years, and wish them all the very best for the future.

Ash Taylor penned a heart felt good bye letter to the fans.

Would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Out of those leaving I'd say McGinn is who we'd miss most, on his day was one of the best players in our team, sadly his day wasn't consistent enough. Wish all of them well (bar Jack when he signs for the huns). I'd think we've managed to clear up a decent amount off the wage bill so hopefully can make some quality signings to help us for the next season

• Upvote 1

Left the club

Ryan Christie - loan return (Celtic)
Peter Pawlett - confirmed as leaving (MK Dons)
Cammy Smith - confirmed as leaving (St Mirren)

Ryan Jack - confirmed as leaving (sevco)
Neil Alexander - confirmed as leaving
Niall McGinn - confirmed as leaving

Ash Taylor - confirmed as leaving

Aaron Lennox - released
Lawrence Shankland - released
Joe Nuttall - released
Robbie Mutch - released
Jamie Henry - released
Dylan Thomas - released
Aaron Norris - released

Joe Lewis
Danny Rogers
David Craddock
Shay Logan
Mark Reynolds
Anthony O'Connor
Scott McKenna
Harlain Mbayo
Daniel Harvie
Craig Storie
Kenny McLean
Frank Ross
Jayden Stockley
Miles Storey
Bruce Anderson

Graeme Shinnie
Jonny Hayes
Andrew Considine
Scott Wright
Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

Greg Tansey
Adam Rooney

Dean Campbell

he wont be picked under strachan.

Of course he will if Strachan is in the job long enough. Strachan will select him if only to convince other players at Clubs like us that they have to sign for either arse cheek or down south to get a game for Scotland.

I am glad Jack has gone to Sevco as he is not a midfielder that we should fear playing in the slightest & I also wish him all the luck & fortune in his career as I do every other Sevco player.