Out Of Contract

I think Shinniesta and O'Connor play really well together... and with Tansey and McLean in the mix... exciting times...

Unfortunately I don't possess your optimism. I'm seriously worried about McInnes leaving and the fact all our best players are leaving. McLean looks set to leave for the huns too. Jack, Taylor and McGinn were arguably some of our weakest players in the first 11 and can be replaced. Hayes on the other hand.....not so sure. We need invest every penny of Hayes transfer fee back into the squad.

Unfortunately I don't possess your optimism. I'm seriously worried about McInnes leaving and the fact all our best players are leaving. McLean looks set to leave for the huns too. Jack, Taylor and McGinn were arguably some of our weakest players in the first 11 and can be replaced. Hayes on the other hand.....not so sure. We need invest every penny of Hayes transfer fee back into the squad.

I'd be tempted to cash in on McLean now while we have the chance, and while we are having to undertake a pretty severe re-building job already.

Jack moving to the huns was bad enough, it'll be worse when it's McLean, a player who can actually make a difference.

At least if we try to offload him now, we will get £1m ish and wouldn't have to worry about seeing him turn out in a hun top

They have loads of midfielders but no good ones.

McLean would be massive improvement for them and a huge loss for us.

That's one way of looking at it but another angle is that the huns would still be signing midfielders that are not as good as Celtic's (although I agree he would be s big loss for us). I like McLean and he has played very well over the last 6 months but he has flattered to deceive for long periods of his two and a half years here and has not scored anything like as many goals as we all hoped he would. I know he has often been deployed in a deeper role but even when played as a number 10 he's been nowhere near the same goal threat as say Ryan Christie has been (although his general all round play has been very good recently). Celtic certainly won't be losing any sleep if the huns are wanting to build their new look midfield around Jack and McLean.

I'd be tempted to cash in on McLean now while we have the chance, and while we are having to undertake a pretty severe re-building job already.

Jack moving to the huns was bad enough, it'll be worse when it's McLean, a player who can actually make a difference.

At least if we try to offload him now, we will get £1m ish and wouldn't have to worry about seeing him turn out in a hun top

While it's good for consistency to be able to hold on to your first picks season after season, it is absolutely necessary that you eventually sell on the odd player.

We must strive to be an appealing home to the type of player who has real ambition and the drive to play at the highest level possible. Having a price tag means that you are in demand and that's what a player wants.

Celtic, as an example, have attracted in some very good players over the last decade by having the ability to sell these players at the right time. This will also influence the price they could demand for the sale of homegrown talent.

It is a very positive thing if other teams want to buy your talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah AFC have never mastered the developing players and then selling them for profit thing at all. How much would clubs like Hearts, Hibs or the Arabs have got for the likes of Anderson, McNaughton, Fraser, Maguire even.

Personally I think its partly a fear thing, like how will we replace so and so but life always goes on.

Yeah AFC have never mastered the developing players and then selling them for profit thing at all. How much would clubs like Hearts, Hibs or the Arabs have got for the likes of Anderson, McNaughton, Fraser, Maguire even.

Personally I think its partly a fear thing, like how will we replace so and so but life always goes on.

There may be an element of truth to that but it's also down to the players general attitude and willingness to commit to deals with the club that allow for possible sales.

Take Hayes for example. He's been at the club for a good while and has served the Dons well, open to moving on for a substantial increase in wages yet commits to a contract extension when the first interest is shown from another club. Plenty others have just run down their contracts and walked away.

I just wish it wasn't another Scottish club taking him away.

Guest RosemountRed

Do you understand how contracts work?

Or when you say lets get spending do you mean we should spunk all our money away paying off the three S's?

You can have a mutual termination of contracts if other clubs come in.

See Greg Wylde.

You can have a mutual termination of contracts if other clubs come in.

See Greg Wylde.

Yep, but its not something that you can just make happen when you feel like it. It relies on the players wanting to leave and probably having somewhere to go.

See very other shite player we've had sat around in the squad doing fuck all for years.

I've no issue with us moving them on but its not as simple as a glib "get rid of" type scenario.

Guest RosemountRed

Yep, but its not something that you can just make happen when you feel like it. It relies on the players wanting to leave and probably having somewhere to go.

See very other shite player we've had sat around in the squad doing fuck all for years.

I've no issue with us moving them on but its not as simple as a glib "get rid of" type scenario.

I am sure other Scottish clubs would take Storey and Storie,

The players you mention were around during a very mediocre era (for us) though. Ergo their value would have been lower. Lest we forget there were rumours about Jack being bought last summer (by Roma?), which regrettably, came to nothing. A young up-and coming midfielder in a side that finishes in the top 3 of their league for several seasons on the trot? More valuable than one from a mid-table scrapper club.

Hence why nobody buys from Hearts anymore. Or at least I can't find any transfer fees from their last couple of seasons' deals.

The players you mention were around during a very mediocre era (for us) though. Ergo their value would have been lower. Lest we forget there were rumours about Jack being bought last summer (by Roma?), which regrettably, came to nothing. A young up-and coming midfielder in a side that finishes in the top 3 of their league for several seasons on the trot? More valuable than one from a mid-table scrapper club.

Hence why nobody buys from Hearts anymore. Or at least I can't find any transfer fees from their last couple of seasons' deals.

Osman Sow £1,000,000

• 3 weeks later...

Summer 2018

Ryan Christie - end of loan

Danny Rogers

David Craddock

Shay Logan

Mark Reynolds

Anthony O'Connor

Scott McKenna

Harlain Mbayo

Daniel Harvie

Craig Storie

Kenny McLean

Frank Ross

Jayden Stockley

Miles Storey

Bruce Anderson

Graeme Shinnie

Andrew Considine

Scott Wright

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

Joe Lewis

Greg Tansey

Adam Rooney

Dean Campbell

I'd guess from that list we'll be having another big turnover of players next season as well.

Danny Rogers
David Craddock
Shay Logan
Mark Reynolds
Anthony O'Connor
Scott McKenna
Harlain Mbayo
Daniel Harvie
Craig Storie
Kenny McLean
Frank Ross
Jayden Stockley
Miles Storey
Bruce Anderson

Need Logan signed up for another 2 years.

Reynolds and O'Connor for at least 1 more season

See how Rogers gets on this season, give him the cup games.

I'd guess from that list we'll be having another big turnover of players next season as well.

Danny RogersDavid CraddockShay LoganMark ReynoldsAnthony O'ConnorScott McKennaHarlain MbayoDaniel HarvieCraig StorieKenny McLeanFrank RossJayden StockleyMiles StoreyBruce Anderson

Need Logan signed up for another 2 years.

Reynolds and O'Connor for at least 1 more season

See how Rogers gets on this season, give him the cup games.

The cups are our only chance of silverware, and you want to rest our best goalie in 25 years!? I think your confusing us with Man U or Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

The cups are our only chance of silverware, and you want to rest our best goalie in 25 years!? I think your confusing us with Man U or Chelsea.

No, i just want to see what he's like and if he's worth keeping.

No point in having a player and him never getting a game, ever, is there.

If we draw a team like Arbroath, Edinburgh City or Alloa there's no harm in giving him a chance, is there?

No, i just want to see what he's like and if he's worth keeping.

No point in having a player and him never getting a game, ever, is there.

If we draw a team like Arbroath, Edinburgh City or Alloa there's no harm in giving him a chance, is there?

I understand what your saying about giving him game time, but if we're playing dross like Arbroath or Alloa he's not gonna see a lot of action, and if we're playing a trickier team we want Joe in goal.

Summer 2018

Ryan Christie - end of loan

Greg Stewart - end of loan

Danny Rogers

David Craddock

Shay Logan

Mark Reynolds

Anthony O'Connor

Scott McKenna

Harlain Mbayo

Daniel Harvie

Craig Storie