Pet Hates

StandFree1982

20 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

A Chinese snooker, Moobs min, is a situation where the cue ball is not obscured by any other balls or any other part on/of the table from hitting the object ball, but you are severely hampered from hitting the cue ball by another ball, leaving the player having to play with the cue raised in an almost vertical, perpendicular manner in order to play the shot and to avoid hitting the ball creating the hampering. 

In essence, it is the opposite of a perfect full ball snooker.

That’s not even a snooker if you’ve a clear path to the ball. 

What a load of shite. 

44 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

That’s not even a snooker if you’ve a clear path to the ball. 

What a load of shite. 

That's what it is called Boof min. First heard it being softly referred to as a Chinese snooker by "Whispering" Ted Lowe.

Well-renowned snooker coach the late Frank Callan defines what a Chinese snooker is in the following article....

https://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/coaching/advanced/chinese_snookers/chinese_snooker.htm

45 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Used to love a game of snooker me. Once potted 6 balls in a row. After the third I was pacing around the table like Stephen Hendry, crouching down, looking at angles, bit of chalk on the go. 

Loved a game of snooker myself until my apple pies turned into apple crumbles.

I hope you used The King's Triangle chalk, Hanz min, as the other chalks are/were like the stuff Sumo wrestlers put on their hands prior to a bout. Brittle stuff masquerading as snooker tip chalk.

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Not really sure about the chalk. It was blue like what they use on the telly. Does it have to be bllue?

The blue and the white chalks are shite min. Too many miscues to be had with those types. It's like some cheeky cunt has licked the tip of your snooker cue without you knowing, prior to playing your next shot.

The King's Triangle chalk is the dogs. You get a proper game without, or with very minimal, miscuing or worrying about miscuing with it.

6 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Putting the word' Chinese' in front of snooker denotes it is not a real snooker. It's like all the phrases where the word 'Dutch' is used. eg Dutch courage etc.., In short ,''Chinese snooker' is an idiom. ie a phrase where the individual words do not give you the true meaning of what is being described. 

Is it when you're behind the yellow ?

13 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Watching a bit of UK tv and ads. Never realised the UK was 80% athletic now. Must have changed since eh was last there.

UK LOFL

Same happens here... overcompensation and misrepresentation of population.  Who cares? Watch Netflix.