Welcome Home, Kari

Nonsense. He was the best striker we had at that time but your hero didn't like him & that also translates to you also not liking him

I actually thought The King 'everyone's hero' used Lovell rather effectively. Them last minute bounces were fucking mental.

I think their stats for us prove your point wrong.

Lovell has a 1 in 3 strike rate

Miller has a 1 in 4 strike rate

That would make Lovell the better striker imo

Miller scored five more goals for us than Lovell but he also played forty three more games than him

That strike rate works out roughly the same for both players for their total games to goals throughout their careers

Fair enough.

Miller (Lee) was shite, Lovell was slightly less shite.

Three up and Kari scores. One of the finest sounds in football is an away goal in a Turkish stadium.

That is some win.

Last game at home to Kosovo so guaranteed section winners.

In Scotland's interests, a draw between Ukraine and Croatia would have us finish better than both in those 2nd place rankings.

If Scotland win tomorrow of course.

Iceland getting into the World Cup will hopefully inspire kari to have a great season with Aberdeen. He will desperate to keep his place in the Iceland team for the World Cup, so will hopefully dominate the spl

You reckon he'll retire from football all together after the World Cup? Only on a 1 year deal with us so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't retire, a lot of players want to end it on top and no better place than the World Cup after leading the Dons to a League/Scottish Cup double!

You reckon he'll retire from football all together after the World Cup? Only on a 1 year deal with us so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't retire, a lot of players want to end it on top and no better place than the World Cup after leading the Dons to a League/Scottish Cup double!

I sincerely hope you are wrong Tyzo. I would be very surprised If Derek McInnes does not have plans to tie up Arnason on at least a new two year contract in the near future. He is a class act and if Davie Weir managed to play until he was forty with the Huns I am sure a player with Kari's ability and astute reading of the game still has a few years left in the tank for us. He has stated clearly he wants to finish his career with the Dons so let us hope he is here for at least three years before hanging up his boots.

Most players usually retire from internationals first before having a few more years of club football only. He turns 35 on Friday so for a centre half there's a good chance he's got a good couple of years left in the tank considering he's still playing regularly at international level for a team who are qualifying for tournaments. Hopefully he carries on his form for us and we get another years extension sorted in the next few months

Jesse Lingard, Raheem Sterling and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are not "great attacking options", in my opinion.

Agreed. Especially regarding Sterling. Overrated pish that got an extra over inflated transfer fee because he's English. He's fast & powerful. Just what they love but his assists, goals & passing accuracy record is shit compared to others in same area. Especially around the time when he was sold & hyped. English footballs josh magennis lol

Technician meaning what? Good at diving at the merest contact -yep.

He was effective but horrible to watch a striker for us throw down like that so many times in a game.

I used to support him & believe it was because he was like a big ballet dancer & easy to push off balance so was being fouled but that was very stupid to think that way because football is a contact sport & he took 'contact' to a whole other level

Jesse Lingard, Raheem Sterling and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are not "great attacking options", in my opinion.

I don't ever watch them or the EPL so I'm just assuming based on the way they breeze through games and the chat I hear.

Also I'm pretty sure the English defence is shite so they must be decent going forward to win games so easily.

I'm not saying they are all Messi and Ronaldo like, merely easily better than sinclair who frankly is over rated too.

Lol

You don't watch he games, have no idea about them as players but just brazenly saying they're better than Sinclair?

Why, because they play in the premiership?

You not seeing the FUCKING hilarity in that bearing in mind your arguments in the Scotland thread

Eh, Gordon..?

Not really no. Since England are doing not bad without sinclair so he has fuck all argument to dislodge them from the team.

Are England struggling to score goals? No.

Is sinclair world class? Absolutely not.

It's not hard MT, and you also ignored the part where I mentioned input from others. My whole team at work are English, they talk about their players plenty so I get a feel for it.

Are you saying I'm wrong and Sinclair is miles better than the players they have already? I really doubt it, he's not even celtics best player.

I don't even know who Lingard is MT though there's no reason why guys like Sinclair shouldn't be 'knocking on England's door'. Playing against the top teams in the Chumpions League.

In all seriousness. How far is Joe Lewis out the England team? I've seen Joe Hart have some howlers.

Lol mate you did exactly what you chastise Strachan for

Know nothing personally about them but cos they're in the premiership they must be better than someone in the SPFL

@@RAZOR wanna be adjudicator here?

And yes Sinclair is better than Lingard for a kick off

Not at all, I told you, I have sources of trusted info.

The Strachan comparison is stupid unless you think I'm the England manager?

You think sinclair is world class?

He's not even celtics best English player.

• 2 months later...