Stephen Gleeson Signed.

To be fair to him I think a lot of the negativity is because of the piss poor recruitment done last summer and at first glance, Gleeson looks to be more of the same. The club were derided for not looking further than the English leagues last season and appear to have learned fuck all from that so people are getting frustrated.

Or looking on the brighter side we've swapped a league one player (AoC) for a championship one

• Upvote 2

Not being pedantic but what are the early signs?

Lots of games at a comparable level (some but not me would argue a higher level).

Seems to be of a better stature than we are used to.

Fans of his former clubs telling us he's gowder is normally a good early sign.

For the record, I'm not judging. I haven't seen him kick a ball. However, I'm not exactly buzzing with confidence about it given the early indications.

For the record, I'm not judging. I haven't seen him kick a ball. However, I'm not exactly buzzing with confidence about it given the early indications.

Only fan Ive seen slate him is an aberdeen/Ipswich fan. And as above considering he only played 90 minutes twice for them and only signed in January id take that with a pinch of salt. Birmingham fans generally liked him.

Lets give him a chance rather than write off every signing we make before they kick a ball.

If Shinnie leaves, almost Minj would be telling fans of his new club that he isn't very good.

Maybe hasn't clicked for him at Ipswich. Birmingham fans seemed to think he was a miss when they let him go.

Football fans are also fickle as fuck.

Old Betty fair kicked your ass there BWG mate.

The seethe from BWG says a lot as it's usually him trying to be the smart arse. Can dish it out but can't take it out.

On Gleeson, last cap only last year so he is s recent international. That's better pedigree than signing some League Two nobody. Good to see permanent signings too rather than loan deals.

• Upvote 2

Only fan Ive seen slate him is an aberdeen/Ipswich fan. And as above considering he only played 90 minutes twice for them and only signed in January id take that with a pinch of salt. Birmingham fans generally liked him.

Lets give him a chance rather than write off every signing we make before they kick a ball.

People that support two teams aren't worth listening to in my experience.

• Upvote 1

i dont understand folks negativity on the profile of this signing. An experienced e championship player who has been capped for Rep Ire?

what type of profile would folk be happy with that we can realisably attract?

it's a better profile than many of the many recent signings...ash taylor, o'conner, maynard, cosgrove.

• Upvote 3

Great signing.

Some amount of garbage being spoken on this thread. Expect him to be a cut above the signings of last year. 100 odd championship appearances and he's signing for us at 29. Try and think of the last time we didn't sign a League 1 released or chanced our arm at a league 2 player. Even when we dip into lower teams in our league it generally doesn't end that well.

Logan, McGinn, Lewis all came from the same level. All vital players for us. Who do you guys expect us to sign? All the best Scottish players are looking to go down south and all the best players in the English Championship are looking to go to the Premier League. These are the only type of signings Aberdeen can really make and I'm pretty pleased with it. 29 year old Irish international with a point to prove and is probably desperate to win trophies.

Welcome aboard. Hope you're good.

Ugly good players are far better to wind up the opposition support than good looking good players.

Our midfield is starting to compete with Rooney & McGinn on that point.

That's one hell of an ugly Oirish & N Oirish contingent. Hope all the ugly fkrs have a great season

What a state some are getting over this signing.

How about we ignore what other teams have been saying about him and judge him for ourselves once we see him in the flesh.

We're all guilty of it. We were all saying Ryan Jack was pish and that he was this and he was that, but in actual fact he wasn't and we missed him on the pitch and were all butt hurt and pissed off because he finally confirmed that he was a hun cunt and he signed for the hun cunts.

Lets give Gleeson the benefit of the doubt and judge him with our own eyes and not by virtue of a YouTube reel.

Welcome aboard min.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1