St. Johnstone V Aberdeen

Morelos got a 3 game ban due to already having two red cards this season. I thought McKenna's was only 2 games.

No idea why the cup replay didn't count for Morelos as he is suspended for their league game this weekend.

Still a bit worried about our defence for this game though, really hope Logan is back and Devlin doesn't have another shocker.

Do they sort of highlight the games you'll be banned for when you get banned. And then in this case they told Morelos he'd be banned for these games and then after that was settled, it was only then the replay was added to the fixture list. I dunno, maybe something like that.

If that is right, does it work both ways. If you were banned for the next two games and one of them was postponed for some reason and rescheduled for 3 months later, would you still be banned for that one game 3 months later? I don't know what I'm saying.

Morelos got a 3 game ban due to already having two red cards this season. I thought McKenna's was only 2 games.

No idea why the cup replay didn't count for Morelos as he is suspended for their league game this weekend.

Still a bit worried about our defence for this game though, really hope Logan is back and Devlin doesn't have another shocker.

McKenna got 3 as it was deemed his second red card (cited against celtic).

The morelos ban was a 2 game league ban plus an additional match ban due for totting up, which can be served in any competition. Hence the first cup game. This is why he was available for the replay.

• Upvote 1

Doubler

It appears that Logan will play tomorrow but will need an ankle operation sooner rather than later. McInnes hinting that he might bring in a free agent, should Logan then be out for the season.

Lewis

Logan

Devlin

Consi

Lowe

Shinnie

Fergie

Mclennan

Stewart

May

Big Sam

That would be the team I'd play if Logan is able to play.

Read the article properly. Automatic two game ban for the red card. Additional game because it was a second red card of the season. The sky sports one states it clearly.

BBC reports both players as getting a two game ban which they both did for the red cards. Both then received an additional game for it being a second offence.

• Upvote 1

Some nonsense about only being able to miss one cup game.

Guess it kind of makes sense.

Say the player is potentially going to miss a really important league game but his team is playing a highland league level team in the cup prior.

They could deliberately draw the cup game just to have the 'important' player serve his second/third suspension in the cup replay & have that 'important' player available for the important league game then.

Guess the rule is there to prevent teams manipulating them

Say the player is potentially going to miss a really important league game but his team is playing a highland league level team in the cup prior.

They could deliberately draw the cup game just to have the 'important' player serve his second/third suspension in the cup replay & have that 'important' player available for the important league game then.

Deliberately draw a cup game with a non league team!? Are you mentally ill?

:laughing: