Defence Of Catholic Teaching

Clydeside_Sheep

The report does acknowledge (albeit indirectly) that lies were told in the enquiry, in that 2 children were alleged to have been deliberately beaten to death (FFS) but in fact one died from an E-Coli infection and the other after being accidentally struck by a golf club during play.

Were these orphans having a quick 18 holes? (Great way to treat depression I'm told)

Or were they caddying?

Vital info. 

Equally there is no mention of what proportion of the 20,000 residents (over 135 yrs) are alleged to have suffered sexual or excessive physical abuse, so we have no sense of proportion either. Maybe this is in the report itself?

Doesn't matter what the % is, the vulnerable kids were there to be looked after, not knocked about by some sex starved harridans. 

• 2 months later...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/13/australian-cardinal-george-pell-removed-from-inner-circle-by-pope-francis

One of Clydeside_Sheep's mates, the third most powerful member of the Catholic cult has been removed from the popes 'inner circle'... apparently keeps his role as treasurer though!

Being reported as 'restructuring' in Australia... apparently Cardinal Pell has been involved in a court case recently.  I wouldn't know, as there is a super-injunction against any details of this court case being published in Australia.  A total media black-out... although all the major media outlets in Australia are reporting their frustration at not being able to report on 'a hugely significant story of national concern'. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/13/australian-cardinal-george-pell-removed-from-inner-circle-by-pope-francis

One of Clydeside_Sheep's mates, the third most powerful member of the Catholic cult has been removed from the popes 'inner circle'... apparently keeps his role as treasurer though!

Being reported as 'restructuring' in Australia... apparently Cardinal Pell has been involved in a court case recently.  I wouldn't know, as there is a super-injunction against any details of this court case being published in Australia.  A total media black-out... although all the major media outlets in Australia are reporting their frustration at not being able to report on 'a hugely significant story of national concern'.

This would have been better off in "news".

I read last night he was found guilty in his court case, but why would the court not let aussie media report on it? That doesnt make much sense, especially as I believe the pre trial was big news there (?)

I also read another cleric (who I hadnt heard of) who had been convicted in australia previously, (for allegedly covering up abuse), has now had his conviction overturned.

Is maybe the injunction to do with the safety of the pell verdict? maybe they want to review it?

In any case, if he is genuinely guilty then he should get whats coming to him. (Although I admit I am surprised at the verdict.)

The "3rd most powerful" stuff is just media hype: he is a cardinal, there are well over 100 of them. Though of course his rank is significant wrt his trial.

Clydeside_Sheep, on 13 Dec 2018 - 7:10 PM, said:

I read last night he was found guilty in his court case, but why would the court not let aussie media report on it? That doesnt make much sense, especially as I believe the pre trial was big news there (?)

I also read another cleric (who I hadnt heard of) who had been convicted in australia previously, (for allegedly covering up abuse), has now had his conviction overturned.

Is maybe the injunction to do with the safety of the pell verdict? maybe they want to review it?

In any case, if he is genuinely guilty then he should get whats coming to him. (Although I admit I am surprised at the verdict.)

The "3rd most powerful" stuff is just media hype: he is a cardinal, there are well over 100 of them. Though of course his rank is significant wrt his trial.

In terms of the injunction, I believe it relates to a pending court case relating to further abuse charges.

He's one of the leaders of that disgusting organisation, which ever way you dress it up.

He's been found guilty, despite the Vatican paying for the strongest defence that money can buy. Robert Richter is arguably Australias top criminal defence lawyer. As a catholic, that must disgust you?

One of your leaders is a convicted nonce. It's rife from the very top, to the very bottom. Indefensible.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Boy or girl abuse?

Child abuse if a girl. Homosexual high jinx if a boy.

A couple of young lads... for the case where he's just been convicted.  Not sure about the details of the next one...

For all those who are sane of mind, the sickness that Clydeside_Sheep suffers from is plain to see in this thread.  Flick through the preceeding pages and he's widely condemning abortion, homosexuality, gay marriage, etc, etc... these 'sinners' are all tarred with the same brush - even though they've done nothing wrong and committed no crime!

.... however, when one of the leaders of the Catholic Church is convicted of pedophilia, despite the best defense that Vatican money can buy, it's a different story:

Aspects of the Smyllum Park report is shameful which goes without saying.

I am not sure why they include information about "routine beatings" however, as up until the early 1980s beatings ("corporal punishment") and humiliation was the wholly standard and state approved way of controlling and punishing children in any form of institution (including secular ones).

I do not see why accidental deaths (eg someone being knocked down by a car) are included in the report.

Equally, I do not see why an issue if made of graves lacking headstones or markings. Again, wholly standard for the period. This month is the anniversary of the Aberfan disaster in Wales. Some of the victims, 80 children and 1 woman, were buried in 2 mass graves, they didn't get their own headstones.

I think including erroneous information is sadly to the reports detriment and opens it to accusations of sensationalism.

The report does acknowledge (albeit indirectly) that lies were told in the enquiry, in that 2 children were alleged to have been deliberately beaten to death (FFS) but in fact one died from an E-Coli infection and the other after being accidentally struck by a golf club during play.

The newspaper coverage does not mention if any of the positive evidence given is included in the report.

Equally there is no mention of what proportion of the 20,000 residents (over 135 yrs) are alleged to have suffered sexual or excessive physical abuse, so we have no sense of proportion either. Maybe this is in the report itself?

It would be nice to think, would it not, that children being looked after by a religious order carrying on the good work of pacifist Jesus could hope for better than to be beaten and abused. Even if corporal punishment was standard practice in other places of learning perhaps these places could have followed the word/spirit of the good book instead of Grange Hill / borstal

Must be right shit getting charged for ejaculations from 30 years ago judged by today's standards of decency. It's only very recently that shagging bairns has become proper taboo.

Wonder if we will all be in for a knock in 30 years time by the futures standards when tonguing hoop has become illegal and everyone is LGBTQIROROEOWHWB

• 1 month later...

In terms of the injunction, I believe it relates to a pending court case relating to further abuse charges.

He's one of the leaders of that disgusting organisation, which ever way you dress it up.

He's been found guilty, despite the Vatican paying for the strongest defence that money can buy. Robert Richter is arguably Australias top criminal defence lawyer. As a catholic, that must disgust you?

One of your leaders is a convicted nonce. It's rife from the very top, to the very bottom. Indefensible.

I think it is more likely connected with fears of an unsafe conviction, much like the case of (former Archbishop) Philip Wilson which was recently over-turned in Australia, in December.

From what I know of Pells case, I believe his conviction will be over-turned too.

The Vatican did not pay for Pell's defence (why would it?) as you claim.

I dont believe Pell is a nonce, however, (Former Cardinal) Theodore McCarrick is, but why doenst he get any attention?

Because he is a friend of media darling Francis, plus his victims ranged from altar boys to adults males - meaning its harder to obscure the fact he is a gay man.

The current Nuncio was appointed in 2017.

It seems quite unrealistic to expect him to possess files relating to abuse from the 70s.

Perhaps there are historical files, yes, but I would have thought they would be held by the proper authority for the location, which would be the Archbishop of Westminster, not a Papal diplomat.

If you want files, it probably helps to ask someone who can actually produce them - but then I suspect asking the wrong person, then portraying his inability to help as a scandal, is a tactic to raise the profile of the case.

I think it is more likely connected with fears of an unsafe conviction, much like the case of (former Archbishop) Philip Wilson which was recently over-turned in Australia, in December.

From what I know of Pells case, I believe his conviction will be over-turned too.

The Vatican did not pay for Pell's defence (why would it?) as you claim.

I dont believe Pell is a nonce, however, (Former Cardinal) Theodore McCarrick is, but why doenst he get any attention?

Because he is a friend of media darling Francis, plus his victims ranged from altar boys to adults males - meaning its harder to obscure the fact he is a gay man.

You may not believe it, but it is true.  Cardinal Pell is a convicted nonce.

It's there in black and white.... unlike any evidence for the existence of the God you worship.

• Upvote 7

Top shagger

A former teacher has been convicted of grooming and sexually abusing five pupils at a boarding school run by a religious order.

Peter Toner, known as Brother Peter, was a house master at the now former St Columba's College in Largs, Ayrshire, in the early 1980s.

A court heard Toner's abuse became so regular another teacher locked him in his room to keep him away from boys.

Jesus fuck I am not in the every priest or history

Teacher is a paedo, 90% off them I assume are normal so you can’t tar everyone with the same brush.

But someone decided to lock somebody in a room as they feared he might molest the kids.

Why would you not kick the fuck out of him and phone the police if you knew that was going on.

Jesus fuck I am not in the every priest or history

Teacher is a paedo, 90% off them I assume are normal so you can’t tar everyone with the same brush.

But someone decided to lock somebody in a room as they feared he might molest the kids.

Why would you not kick the fuck out of him and phone the police if you knew that was going on.

Nah far easier to move him to another parish and sweep it all under the carpet in the name of God.

Cunts.