Roadsense - Stop The Nonsense Petition

fatshaft

how many appeals have they had?

I can appreciate a persons democratic right to appeal but this now seems to be pissing money away on something that only a few oppose.

Not very useful for the new stadium either.

Now almost every vehicle from the North and city centre will have to navigate from a dual carriageway across a single lane bridge or go along a single lane road and cross the King George VI bridge.

Marvelous. That won't cause any travel issues at all for a big match. :rolleyes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Walton is just practising his democratic right to challenge an environmentally damaging decision through the courts.

This agreement to limit his costs sets an important precedent in allowing affordable access to justice for someone who has put their livelihood at risk to act in the public interest.

This personal crusade is not in the public interest. The public clearly want the bypass. And environmentally damaging? More damaging than the pollution caused by traffic jams in the city? Another reason for the bypass is to give easier access to business parks north of the city which are being built to encourage the renewable energy industry. The businesses won't start up if they don't have ease of access to the sites. How environmentally damaging is holding up that progress? Their other argument is cost to the public purse. What about the legal costs (for which there is no public return or benefit) and the increased cost of build due to inflation as a result in delay? The lost potential tax revenue from businesses benefiting from the bypass? These people are complete fannies who don't see the bigger picture.

• 3 months later...

Can i ask why exactly you're a tree-hugger? Sorry but i just don't get the reasoning behind being one :dontknow:

I was being facetious.

I don't actually hug trees.

However, I do find it concerning that money appears to be the sole factor in deciding the merits or otherwise of a proposal these days. Regardless of the planet's ability to sustain the ongoing rush for a buck.

Still, if you are going to build any bypass, this has a better case for it than most.

• 2 months later...

William Walton / Roadsense are to take legal challenge for the bypass to the supreme court if they can secure funding:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-17624633

This is feckin ridiclious, how many times do they have to loose before they'll give up!!

I wonder how much the bypass will actually cost in the end due to the delays this has all caused!

Think its already cost the council and the Exec around 4m in fees. Its also cost us an additional 1.5-2m in legal aid for these fuckers.

Pisses me right off. This prick gets capped fees even though he has lost umpteen times now. When i went for legal aid in may last year to assist in a court case against the ex I didnt get any and had to fork out the full whack up front.

Reading his profile makes it seem like this is all one big research project for the cunt

Words can't describe how big a fuckin bell end this man is. He obviously doesn't have to get from altens to the north of the city every night at five the cunt. This bypass is vital to Aberdeen and this boy just boils my blood with his bullshit.

It really really bugs the fuck out of me that everyone in the area is being held to ransom by some academic who isn't even from here and could easily move away at the drop of a hat and take up a post somewhere else in the world.

Road Sense = Nonsense.

The arrogance of this clown is beyond belief.

It really really bugs the fuck out of me that everyone in the area is being held to ransom by some academic who isn't even from here and could easily move away at the drop of a hat and take up a post somewhere else in the world.

I agree with most of your sentiment but where he's originally from has nothing to do with it.

Don't get me wrong he's a fucking arsehole but he could be just as big an arsehole if he was born and bred in Rosemount. :dontknow:

I agree with most of your sentiment but where he's originally from has nothing to do with it.

Don't get me wrong he's a fucking arsehole but he could be just as big an arsehole if he was born and bred in Rosemount. :dontknow:

It does, in a way

Most of these cunts that move here then fuck off back home when they move jobs or retire. If he does that he's fucking up our city and leaving the shite behind him when he goes.