#391 ONLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,899 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

You reek of someone who has been a total disappointment to their parents/partner and wants everyone else to fail.

Ha ha ha. Cool come back.

However I never want ANY of our players to fail. Even the ones that are poor to average at best & I said as much. Yet another repetitive happy clapper retort from you.

I on the other hand have indeed disappointed many folk but none that I care about.
You sound like someone that satisfies many. Catholic school boy aye?

Ding Dong

#392 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 13,554 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

Now you're being ridiculous.

Aye , fair enough matey. 😂 I did fuck that up

limericks etc..,

#393 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 13,554 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:35 PM

Joe didn’t make one save all night .

limericks etc..,

#394 OFFLINE   SheepieBaaBaa

SheepieBaaBaa

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Joined 17-June 09

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:53 AM

The correct summary of May would be, He has been pretty chronic for a large part of his time here but the last few games he’s played pretty well.
End.

I still maintain the slight possibility that it was known May's recovery was an up to 2 year process. Preston weren't willing to wait and invest in his recovery, we got him cheap as a result and on reasonable wages since we were taking a chance on nursing him back. He's 100% within 2 years and we get 2 full years of circa 2015 Stevie May....hence the 4 year contract.

Almost makes sense (although there "May" be simpler expkanations).

#395 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

Are we struggling for goals!? Seems we are doing alright in the scoring department. Not great but certainly not terrible.

We are absolutely struggling to score goals. If it wasn't for St Mirren and Hamilton games it would barely be a goal a game.
A few games lately we've hardly even had a shot on target.

#396 OFFLINE   SheepieBaaBaa

SheepieBaaBaa

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Joined 17-June 09

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

Edited....can't be arsed arguing

Edited by SheepieBaaBaa, 11 November 2018 - 07:47 AM.

#397 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:17 AM

We are absolutely struggling to score goals. If it wasn't for St Mirren and Hamilton games it would barely be a goal a game.
A few games lately we've hardly even had a shot on target.

Aye so take away some of our goals and we'd barely be on a goal a game? Good logic.

#398 ONLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,899 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:24 AM

Aye so take away some of our goals and we'd barely be on a goal a game? Good logic.

Plus a couple of penalties that don't count remember.

Ding Dong

#399 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

I still maintain the slight possibility that it was known May's recovery was an up to 2 year process. Preston weren't willing to wait and invest in his recovery, we got him cheap as a result and on reasonable wages since we were taking a chance on nursing him back. He's 100% within 2 years and we get 2 full years of circa 2015 Stevie May....hence the 4 year contract.

Eh? :wtf:

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#400 OFFLINE   SheepieBaaBaa

SheepieBaaBaa

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Joined 17-June 09

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Eh? :wtf:

Sorry....The post evidently wansn't phrased in a manner accessible to the hard of thinking.

£400k is cheap for a striker.
Maybe it was known that he would take time to fully regain fitness.
Maybe he is still on that journey
Maybe he's about to come back to form.

....and before you say "that's not likely" correct, I even said that; but it is possible that maybe he was signed as a rebuild project and we wouldn't have gotten him otherwise.

It's equally unlikely that Preston would sell a fully fit, in form striker for less than half what they paid and that same striker would take a huge wage cut to come to us.

One might think that there was a conversation around how long it would take to get him back to full form and fitness and a decision made.

#401 OFFLINE   TheRock

TheRock

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Joined 10-January 16

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

I don't think there's any chance that a club would buy a player, shelling out their highest transfer fee in quite some time, with the expressed intention of spending 2 years rehabilitating him, much of which involves playing them in the first team, in the hope that the end result 2 years later resembles Stevie May 2014. I mean, there's taking a risk and then there's this.

#402 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:54 PM

I don't think there's any chance that a club would buy a player, shelling out their highest transfer fee in quite some time, with the expressed intention of spending 2 years rehabilitating him, much of which involves playing them in the first team, in the hope that the end result 2 years later resembles Stevie May 2014. I mean, there's taking a risk and then there's this.

I agree.

However there is no doubt in my mind that the club knew at the time of signing May he was not the same player that left St Johnstone and would need some time to get back up to speed and (hopefully) back to his previous level.

It just hasn't worked so far. But he's been relatively effective in the last few games. But he really needs to start regularly scoring goals. At the end of the day that's why we bought him.

#403 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

Is it?

As his main function yes. I don't doubt McInnes saw him as an upgrade on Rooney in that he thought he would score a similar amount of goals but also link the play better and be a more effective team player.

I'm pretty sure McInnes imagined he'd have scored far more than 5 goals 16 months into his Dons career.

#404 OFFLINE   SheepieBaaBaa

SheepieBaaBaa

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Joined 17-June 09

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

Probably agree but at least my reasoning gives an outcome that doesn't have the club making an utter cunt of it.

I agree that in reality it is more likely that we made a cunt of it, but unlikely as it may be....I still hold onto the belief that my highly unlikely turn of events could be true.

#405 OFFLINE   tiktak

tiktak

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Joined 18-June 16

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Joe didn’t make one save all night .

Fuckin disgrace, needs dropped the lazy bastard.

The longer I stay in this world, the less I want to be part of it.

#406 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

Probably agree but at least my reasoning gives an outcome that doesn't have the club making an utter cunt of it.

I agree that in reality it is more likely that we made a cunt of it, but unlikely as it may be....I still hold onto the belief that my highly unlikely turn of events could be true.

13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#407 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

It's a valid point.

So are you saying that there isn't an issue with us scoring goals?

#408 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,298 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:35 AM

It's a valid point.

So are you saying that there isn't an issue with us scoring goals?

How is it a valid point?  It's fairly obvious if you took goals off us it would reduce our goal a game ratio.

#409 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:41 AM

How is it a valid point? It's fairly obvious if you took goals off us it would reduce our goal a game ratio.

In general, we are struggling to score.
There have been 2 or 3 games where we have scored some goals.

The rest have been painful, negative, defending performances where we haven't looked like scoring.
That's how it's a valid point.

Edited by Reed or deed, 12 November 2018 - 08:50 AM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users