Tommie Hoban

Would have him back on a pay as you play deal, if such a thing even exists these days.

Good player when he isn't injured.

I’m not convinced there is such a contract now but agree if somehow he was able to fully recuperate from this and have a good pre-season (and Watford were to release him and he was willing) then I would be ok with that. Never normally would be with the ridiculous bad luck we have with injured players but there was definitely something about Hoban when he did play. But let’s be honest I can’t see it happening

I’m not convinced there is such a contract now but agree if somehow he was able to fully recuperate from this and have a good pre-season (and Watford were to release him and he was willing) then I would be ok with that. Never normally would be with the ridiculous bad luck we have with injured players but there was definitely something about Hoban when he did play. But let’s be honest I can’t see it happening

There’s been plenty of reports of this kind of deal. Why would anyone pay out a permanent deal on a seriously crocked player with no guarantee that he can manage a full season or at least a decent number of games?

• 1 month later...

I see he was at the game on Sunday.

Don't expect us to sign him but given the above its maybe more of a possibility than I'd have thought

Why wouldn't it be an option?  He's a perma-crock who manages about 5 games a season.  He's hardly going to have his pick of clubs.  It's a shame for the lad but there it is.

I see he was at the game on Sunday.

Don't expect us to sign him but given the above its maybe more of a possibility than I'd have thought

Cos that's what we need to sign... Someone who when he plays is great but actually spends most of his time and our wage budget with the physio... The Jamie Smith conundrum if you will...

• 5 months later...

Please come back Tommie, oh what I’d give for a footballer of your calibre,

I’d love to remove McDogshits head with an Excalibur.

Not to be fussy, but there's only one Excalibur so the an is redundant.

Sorry....had to open the pedantry release valve just a little and figured *your one of the less "precious" types and wouldn't foam at the mouth too much.

*left an opening to even the score.

• Upvote 2