Aberdeen V St Johnstone (4 - 0)

Ken 'is,

No matter what the outcome on Saturday, it's going to be pretty special for one set of fans anyway.

Obviously our recent semi-final woes are well documented and if we do win we'll all be fucking delighted to finally have a Cup Final to look forward to after all these years.

However Saints are probably worse, even if they are a much smaller Club.

• Have never won a major domestic trophy
  • Have never reached a Scottish Cup Final
  • Have only ever reached two League Cup Finals (1969 v the Tims, 1998 v the deid huns)

Their recent Semi-final record is thus:

1999 SC SF: Saints 0-4 Dead huns

2007 LC SF: Saints 1-3 Hibs

2007 SC SF: Saints 1-2 Sellick

2008 SC SF: Saints 1-1 Dead huns (beat on pens)

2010 LC SF: Saints 0-2 Dead huns

2011 SC SF: Saints 0-3 Motherwell

On par with our recent semi record!

So one of will be smashing a hoodoo on Saturday.

Bu christ I hope it's us.

COYR! :scarf: *

* that's me checked out of work mentally for the week, hence the above !

More nervous about this than I have been about anything else in my life for a long time. Looking back at previous years I always believed we would win the semis, a totally misplaced belief looking at this team and teams of the recent past.

I expect a tight game at a ground we are notoriously shite at and I don't like the 'favourite' tag one bit.

I am not nervous, we could scarcely sink any lower than our cup-exit-disasters in recent years.

If we don't win, I will be gutted but not surprised.

However, I think McInnes' team will be mentally tougher than that of JC or Granpa Broon and should come through it.

The game depends largely on the type of game Clangers has. If he and the defence play well we'll win, if he drops a howler then we're in trouble.

Yes Clangers has the ability to sell the jerseys undoubtedly, so its up to the defence to shield him and ensure he plays as little a part in the game as is possible.

If his contribution could be limited to:

- standing in the goal area

- breathing

The we should be OK. Once he starts trying to function as a goal-keeper, that's when the sh*t hits the fan lol

• Upvote 2

I reckon were going to gub them 4 or 5 nil.

My team will be.

Langfield.

Anderson. Tate. Reynolds. Considine.

Pawlett Robson. Flood. Hayes.

Rooney. McGinn

I'm happy to take Anderson at right back. Of all the options we have he is probably best we have,

The midfield is the key I would hope Robbo will start his experience in big games will be vital.

Agreed Ollie, tup and EB4B.

Confident as fuck about this game. This team is a much different beast to the others that have shat it in semis ('keeper aside). Let's just have one of those games (there have been a few this season already) where the opposition don't even get a shot on target. Take Langfield out the equation.

4-0 to the Dandy Dons, backed by a great support, celebrate until Monday morning, phone a sickie, few more beers to stop the heebie jeebies kicking-in. Weekend sorted.

The past is the past, what matters is the future. I only expect 2 things on Saturday our amazing support to get right behind the team pre kick off till the death and every player who had the grace on Saturday to wear an Aberdeen shirt gives everything they possibly have. Noise and Atmosphere the fans will take care of, preparing the players McInnes will do, there is enough winners and leaders in our team to gain the effort.

I BELIEVE COYR

http://terracepodcast.net/misc/2014/1/10/scottish-premiership-suspensions

Are you absolutely certain cos this link doesn't mention him?

Fuck sake! Could dee wi' some clarification on this!

If that's right then we've nithing to worry aboot wi' Russell.

Also...

Of our possible final opponents if we get there (no impending suspensions for Hearts in LC)...

INVERNESS CT

One yellow away (League Cup) – Danny Devine, Ross Draper, Richie Foran, Billy McKay, David Raven, Carl Tremarco, Gary Warren

A heap on a tightrope there.

Would settle for one of them picking up a yellow tho'

McKay booked for takin' his top aff efter scoring the winner... :giggle: