Aberdeen V Dundee

Let's face it we have been brutal these past 5 games with one goal from outfield play and very few chances created. It's all about the semi final now, so our team for Saturday should reflect this with Ball, Arnason, Chidi and Stewart all starting. A bit of freshness to the team might be a blessing given that our regulars have been poor recently. If we can't beat Dundee at home with all four in the team then Motherwell at Hampden will be a tall order.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's face it we have been brutal these past 5 games with one goal from outfield play and very few chances created. It's all about the semi final now, so our team for Saturday should reflect this with Ball, Arnason, Chidi and Stewart all starting. A bit of freshness to the team might be a blessing given that our regulars have been poor recently. If we can't beat Dundee at home with all four in the team then Motherwell at Hampden will be a tall order.

Eh, no its nae.

We NEED Europe so need to secure 3rd at worst in case the semi goes tits up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really?

Money, prestige, attracting new players, season ticket sales, full houses before league starts, possibility(slight) of making groups, feel good factor, to avoid pishy League Cup groups etc etc.

That do you?

.... doesn't float my boat but each to their own as they say. Nae sure we make any money, nae prestige getting knocked out in early stages, any new signings are rarely signed in time or match fit for games, season tickets aren't valid. Might get a couple of big crowds but that needs to be balanced with players not getting a decent summer break. Might do our manager a turn if he gets a break too as he looks like he needs one.

I think we should be starting Nwakali here to give him a decent chance to get properly up to speed.

Yeah, but that's what we all thought in the build up to Celtic game with Shinnie due to be oot.

Didn't happen. will nae raise my hopes that McInnes would be more sensible this time aroond either.

Wonder if there might be several changes given extra time tonight.

Guys like Wright and dare I say it Cosgrove and Maynard are going to have to be match sharp for the semi final

Jesus. C'mon to fuck min.

That pointless goon impsoter starting will be signal to spend 90 mins in een of the Golf clubs.

My summer holidays for starters!

Aye, fair point! The context of my original post is that McInnes has to play our fringe players in the next 3 league games in order to get them match fit for the semi final. You can't just pitch them in on a big Hampden pitch against a physically strong Motherwell team and expect them to hit the ground running. That may be to the detriment of our Europe League chances, but is a risk we have to take if we are to get to the final.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would make a few changes for this one, we need to batter them they are brutal. None of this 1-0 pish...5-0 please.

Agreed, Dundee are hopeless at the moment and whilst we shouldn't underestimate them, we should really be giving some game time to some of the squad players. See what Ball can do at RB if it's him that's going to play in the semi, Wright & Nwakali need game time. Reynolds needs match fitness... I'm not going as far as suggesting a front 2 of Cosgrove and Maynard though imagine if they banged in a hat trick between them...? :hysterical:

Injured: Lewis & Devlin

Suspended: None

I think we should be starting Nwakali here to give him a decent chance to get properly up to speed. Shinnie to left back instead of Consi

Woodman

Ball OConnor McKenna Shinnie

Nwakali McLean

Stewart Christie Wright

Rooney

subs: Rogers, Logan, Considine, McGinn, May, Arnason, GMS

others: Maynard, Reynolds, Harvie