Experiments With Food

Tried once again to make restaurant style chicken tikka masala last weekend.

Tasted nothing like chicken tikka masala. 

All these online recipes touting theirs are tasting "just like the restaurant" are full of fucking shite. 

teriyake salmon (jist yasin a steamer n fryin pan n a wee breed chib)

DSC-0135.jpg

went coarser wi the choppin fir the garlic ginger n chillies fir this wan n fried thim it a higher heat hinkin thid melt doon whin eh added water..thi didna..n mibbe aw the better fir it

Pretty sure you'd lose a few points on Masterchef ,AK for presentation. 

Milk enthusiasts should be doing community service, minimum 500 hours.

Right thats you and RF off the dinner party guest list. You're going to feel pretty glum when we are all having a rip roaring time eating bolognese and drinking milk without you. There will also be drugs.

Tried once again to make restaurant style chicken tikka masala last weekend.

Tasted nothing like chicken tikka masala. 

All these online recipes touting theirs are tasting "just like the restaurant" are full of fucking shite. 

Do you get many good Indians over you're neck of the wood?

A UK-style Indian was something I missed when I first came over here... but the standard has improved dramatically over the past 10 years.  Some cracking UK/Indian food now available. 

Do you get many good Indians over you're neck of the wood?

A UK-style Indian was something I missed when I first came over here... but the standard has improved dramatically over the past 10 years.  Some cracking UK/Indian food now available. 

There's been one decent Indian restaurant I found in my time here, but it closed down a while back so I'm left eating what the Yanks consider CTM. It's a far inferior product to the British version. 

Actually, there's another good one in Kentucky. I lived there for a while... but came back up the road, so getting to that particular Indian is problematic. 

If I can find a close enough recipe I can make my own. That's the plan. 

So if anyone has a bona fide British CTM restaurant recipe... 

• Downvote 1

Do you not have to use tons of  Ghee butter for the authentic taste?

@@Kelt @bad_delia

Fuck knows. 

Those wee Indian lads think they're Willy Wonka... point blank refusing to give up their secret recipes.  And anyone trying to get hold of their formula ends up inflated like a poppadom,  or wheeled off by Oompa Loompas. 

I imagine.

7d24578ec3f88825f8fd50ed2f789f0b.jpg