Aberdeen 2 - 1 Dundee

Aye I know 3 at back isn't everyone cup of tea. But if you have 3 good centre backs then I think its what required against opposition that play 1 up front.

Gives us an extra man up front

But yes the down sides are you need three good centre backs . and 2 really hard working wing backs.

I think the attack we have now can suit that

But we need another centre back

I would like to rest him for this I know he's captain but we will have bigger battles ahead. And he has 3 bookings already this season leave him out of this one.

Head above parapit.

Im probably in a minority of one on this.

Or....you could just admit that you fucked that right up and forgot about Shinnie. Our captain and heart of the team...

• Upvote 3

I think the only problem with playing 3 at the back is that you tend to sacrifice your wide attacking players in our case most likely GMS, Stewart and Wright. If we played 3 at the back I'd imaging DM would line up similar to below.

......................Lewis..............................

.....O'Connor...Arnason...Considine......

..Logan.....McLean....Tansey.....Shinnie...

.........................Christie.........................

................May................Maynard.......

I think he'd have to play Shinnie as a left wing back as they provide the attacking width in that formation and Considine is just not suited to that type of role. If we still had Hayes he could play in that slot but not sure the likes of GMS or Wright would be suited for it hence putting Shinnie there. Still a decent looking team to me.

Maybe a 4-4-2 diamond could work in certain games where he wants to play two up top. In that formation you can play at least one genuine wide attacking player.

.....................Lewis................................

Logan..O'Connor..Arnason..Considine..

......................Shinnie......................

Stewart.................................McLean.....

......................Christie.............................

............May..................Maynard............

Whatever formations McInnes utilises this season (and I'm sure he will play several to make us less predictable) there should be multiple good attacking options from the bench as he can't play everyone. That has to be a good thing.

Missing this one unfortunately. Time for the masses to get what they want, for one game only.... Shinnie in defence as DMC tries to get all the attackers on without dropping McLean.

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Considine Shinnie

Tansey McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

May

Subs: Rogers, Reynolds, Wright, Maynard, Rooney, Stockley, Arnason

Prediction: 2-0 May and Stewart

Crowd: 13,600

I agree that this should be a canter for us, but pride comes before a fall so lets not count our chickens.

if hamilton can take 3 off them they are obviously rank rotten.

Re speculation about dundee going down this year - what a joyous event it would be to fully cleanse the league of dundee teams.

2-0 Dons.

• Downvote 2

I agree that this should be a canter for us, but pride comes before a fall so lets not count our chickens.

if hamilton can take 3 off them they are obviously rank rotten.

Re speculation about dundee going down this year - what a joyous event it would be to fully cleanse the league of dundee teams.

2-0 Dons.

I'd rather we got rid of the West Coast teams first.

• Upvote 7