2002 replies to this topic

#1531 ONLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 12,123 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Interesting as I would have thought if we were interested in Russel then we would have be in for Gauld?

Why?  Gauld isn't a McInnes type player.  I don't think McInnes could use him... he wouldn't fit into a rigid McInnes system and offers next to nothing defensively (at United anyway, he may well have improved this side of his game).  Jonny Russell works incredibly hard and McInnes could play him in either a forward role or in one of the wide positions.  

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1532 ONLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:44 PM

Hard to know with you on here these days....

Take most things I post with a pinch of salt
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#1533 ONLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers make a move for Russell despite him signing Burke and two strikers already this window. With the problems Griffiths is having who knows when he will return and Weah is only 18. Edouard is a great talent at this level but does seem to pick up injuries.

Russell is a boyhood Celtic fan. If Rodgers makes a move for him we've obviously no chance. It would be a great signing for us though if we could somehow pull it off.

#1534 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,826 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:12 AM

Why?  Gauld isn't a McInnes type player.  I don't think McInnes could use him... he wouldn't fit into a rigid McInnes system and offers next to nothing defensively (at United anyway, he may well have improved this side of his game).  Jonny Russell works incredibly hard and McInnes could play him in either a forward role or in one of the wide positions.

That’s a good shout, Russell would be a younger replacement for Hayes........
I've moved to California

#1535 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,499 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

Told by someone with close links to the Donald’s this afternoon that there is movement with the Johnny Russell story. Apparently a substantial element of truth in it.
Would be an ace signing if it happens.

I was told by someone with close links to Mickey Mouse that the Johnny Russel rumour was bullshit. Started by a poster on here.

Ding Dong

#1536 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,826 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:39 AM

I was told by someone with close links to Mickey Mouse that the Johnny Russel rumour was bullshit. Started by a poster on here.

Disney sound believable.......
I've moved to California

#1537 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,499 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:42 AM

Disney sound believable.......

Walt Disney?

Ding Dong

#1538 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,826 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

Walt Disney?

Give me a Minnie and I’ll get back to you...
I've moved to California

#1539 ONLINE   super_al

super_al

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Joined 11-April 07

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:28 AM

Why? Gauld isn't a McInnes type player. I don't think McInnes could use him... he wouldn't fit into a rigid McInnes system and offers next to nothing defensively (at United anyway, he may well have improved this side of his game). Jonny Russell works incredibly hard and McInnes could play him in either a forward role or in one of the wide positions.

Not sure I agree that Gauld is not a Mcinnes type of player. GMS needed to improve significantly on his defensive side when he joined. Russell and Gauld are similar in that they can play in a number of positions out wide or through the middle.

Folk my disagree but if the club knew of Gaulds availablity I find it hard to believe we would not consider him. Money can’t be the issue if we are prepared to attempt Russell to the club.

#1540 ONLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 12,123 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:15 AM

Not sure I agree that Gauld is not a Mcinnes type of player. GMS needed to improve significantly on his defensive side when he joined. Russell and Gauld are similar in that they can play in a number of positions out wide or through the middle.

Folk my disagree but if the club knew of Gaulds availablity I find it hard to believe we would not consider him. Money can’t be the issue if we are prepared to attempt Russell to the club.

Gauld isn't a winger IMO. I don't think McInnes is going to play him upfront - he wouldn't see enough of the ball and would be wasted.  We don't play with an attacking midfielder, so he's either taking Shinnie or Ferguson's position.   Someone who doesn't track back and cant tackle, is never playing CM in a Derek McInnes team.

I think he'd be similar to Stewart in some ways, in that to get the best out them, you need to give them freedom/creative licence.  McInnes doesn't know what to do with players like that, or how to use them.

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1541 ONLINE   HairyPie

HairyPie

Stinky Finger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:28 AM

Gauld isn't a winger IMO. I don't think McInnes is going to play him upfront - he wouldn't see enough of the ball and would be wasted.  We don't play with an attacking midfielder, so he's either taking Shinnie or Ferguson's position.   Someone who doesn't track back and cant tackle, is never playing CM in a Derek McInnes team.

I think he'd be similar to Stewart in some ways, in that to get the best out them, you need to give them freedom/creative licence.  McInnes doesn't know what to do with players like that, or how to use them.

To be fair I don't think McInnes is going to play him any fucking where, he's signed for Hibs.

#1542 ONLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 12,123 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:32 AM

To be fair I don't think McInnes is going to play him any fucking where, he's signed for Hibs.

When did that happen?

#1543 OFFLINE   Torry Tosser

Torry Tosser

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 03-December 16

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:46 AM

Wis telt last night we tried to get Lee Tomlin from Cardiff,but he's gone to Peterborough.

#1544 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 32,290 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:46 AM

That’s a good shout, Russell would be a younger replacement for Hayes........

He's nothing like hayes

#1545 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

Linked with Stewart in today’s Sunday Express

#1546 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 12,655 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

The dream reignited

I'll get a tshirt order going

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 25 (7 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £125.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#1547 OFFLINE   Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined 17-January 18

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Everton very interested in Ryan Fraser apparently

#1548 ONLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

#1549 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,575 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:46 AM

Linked with Stewart in today’s Sunday Express

The dream reignited

I'll get a tshirt order going

While I hope this is true (aye, we are in for G Stew - nae the T Shirt bit), highly likely to be just speculation by some Journalist because they've fuck all else to write.

They've probably trawled this site for tattle.

"Aberdeen FC are once again linked with Birmingham player Greg Stewart a spokesman for The Hat confirmed.

When asked for the source of the speculation, Dad indicated that a substantial quantity of G-Stew T Shirts had been printed and sales were going terrifically.

"Confirmation as if needed that the terrific G-Stew is on his way back to The Famous" quoted Dad"

Edited by Dom Sullivan, 13 January 2019 - 12:11 PM.

What goes around, comes around

#1550 OFFLINE   Ten Caat

Ten Caat

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined 05-December 17

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

When did that happen?

Thursday or Friday.....he couldn't play in their friendly yesterday as international clearance had not yet come through

#1551 OFFLINE   Panda

Panda

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

Jason Cummings has apparently been offered to us.

And rejected, I sincerely hope.

He's been offered to everyone, not just us.

#1552 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 12,655 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

While I hope this is true (aye, we are in for G Stew - nae the T Shirt bit), highly likely to be just speculation by some Journalist because they've fuck all else to write.

They've probably trawled this site for tattle.

"Aberdeen FC are once again linked with Birmingham player Greg Stewart a spokesman for The Hat confirmed.

When asked for the source of the speculation, Dad indicated that a substantial quantity of G-Stew T Shirts had been printed and sales were going terrifically.

"Confirmation as if needed that the terrific G-Stew is on his back to The Famous" quoted Dad"

Haha free tshirts for you and yours Dom son (2 max) - terrific

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1553 OFFLINE   Sheepo

Sheepo

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

Birmingham undoubtedly recalled G-Stew because someone wants him. He is out of contract in the summer with no chance of a new one and if they can get anything for him now and off the wage bill it is win win for them in there current plight. Don't know if we are the club that is in for him but he will be signing for someone this month no doubt

#1554 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

Birmingham undoubtedly recalled G-Stew because someone wants him. He is out of contract in the summer with no chance of a new one and if they can get anything for him now and off the wage bill it is win win for them in there current plight. Don't know if we are the club that is in for him but he will be signing for someone this month no doubt

Probably if a few clubs have started pre-contract talks with him then they've seen their chance to get a better deal versus subsidising his wages for another 5 months

COYR!

#1555 OFFLINE   Kiriakov33

Kiriakov33

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 22-March 17

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:20 AM

interesting that Everton are sniffing about Fraser. Reckon he could get a better gig than that though. Type of player who would do well at Liverpool. Anyway, would Greig Stewart want to come back ? Always wondered why we didn’t go back for him last summer. Probably put all our hopes and £££ on Christie signing and prevented us from offering him something. Reckon he will go to another English team for more dough

Edited by Kiriakov33, 13 January 2019 - 11:22 AM.

#1556 ONLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,793 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

Couldn't give a fuck where Fraser goes, as long as it results in a couple of million into the Famouseses title war chest.

#1557 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

interesting that Everton are sniffing about Fraser. Reckon he could get a better gig than that though. Type of player who would do well at Liverpool. Anyway, would Greig Stewart want to come back ? Always wondered why we didn’t go back for him last summer. Probably put all our hopes and £££ on Christie signing and prevented us from offering him something. Reckon he will go to another English team for more dough

We should be on to Fraser's agent to say we'll offer a cut of the 20% to them if we make a wedge.

Stewart and McInnes have a good relationship so you never know. He doesn't really fit perfectly in to our 4-2-3-1 though as his position is more of a free role than a #10

Edited by Tord31, 13 January 2019 - 11:27 AM.

COYR!

#1558 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 12,655 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

Of course he would son - wouldn't receive nearly as much love anywhere else.

#1559 ONLINE   redstrummer

redstrummer

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

We should be on to Fraser's agent to say we'll offer a cut of the 20% to them if we make a wedge.

Stewart and McInnes have a good relationship so you never know. He doesn't really fit perfectly in to our 4-2-3-1 though as his position is more of a free role than a #10

We've been playing more of a 4-4-2 lately . Could rotate Stewart or May . We are definitely looking to bring in a forward  

#1560 ONLINE   eeps

eeps

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 21-December 13

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Case and point^

Best windows

36 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users