Football Index

Anyone on football index? Basically a stock market for footballers. Some major returns being made off the platform as it grows in popularity.

Was on it about a year ago. Was good but mainly based around EPL then and couldnt be fucked with that. I believe its improved a lot since then and the daily scoring is based on stats and not news?

Actually invested a little in it via crowdfunding so hopefully it takes off.

Although if I left in the money on the actual index Id of done a lot better.

• 11 months later...

Anybody bothered with this? Was speaking to a guy who reckons he's made £1600 profit putting in £100 a month over the last year. He's not done anything too fancy, fairly obvious picks, reckons if he spent more time on it he'd have made a bit more. I probably bet about £100 a month and the last few have been a total disaster, starting to think this might be a safer option but not as much fun.

Anybody bothered with this? Was speaking to a guy who reckons he's made £1600 profit putting in £100 a month over the last year. He's not done anything too fancy, fairly obvious picks, reckons if he spent more time on it he'd have made a bit more. I probably bet about £100 a month and the last few have been a total disaster, starting to think this might be a safer option but not as much fun.

Just signed up...I've got a fair bit of free time and seems more of a laugh than spending money on phone games and shite.

Better off reading up on matched betting and using something like this

https://www.oddsmonkey.com

I tried that a while back but I'm not organised enough for it. Ended up forgetting shit and missing bets etc. It's a cunt of a lot of work even with the odds monkey help. Football index just seems to be watching a lot of football and following transfer pish. Might bang in £100 and see what happens.

My main worry is that it's all a big ponzi scheme and that if everyone tried to cash in at the same time it'd be totally fucked

The increases and decreases in value will be set to "more or less" offset each other, so really you are just competing with other users to have a better player portfolio.

If everyone just buys shares in the same player the cost of the incremental shares will go up and also some people will invest in players whose share value goes down, so the total amount of money in the pot should always be enough to cover cash outs (assuming they have their algorithms setup properly).

There's a fair scope for fuck up on their part, but as long as you treat it as a bit of fun and don't put your life savings in it I don't see the harm.

I done it at the very start, but got bored and cashed out for a very small profit as it was very limited at the start. If I had kept the shares I’d be up a few hundred by now.

Seems a lot more in depth and interesting these days and I think it’ll only get bigger and bigger.

Wouldn’t say there is a risk of it failing, it’s a market, the company who runs it profits by taking a small fee on transactions. They don’t put any money into it other than using a percentage of their fees to pay the dividend on the player who is said to be performing the best.

Not sure if it has started to be based on player stats yet (for the dividend) or still just press coverage.

If it continues to grow which it seems to be constantly doing you should make cash.

I've been having a look today, didn't realise that they take commission so that is obviously how they make money. Also they will make plenty from the IPO's so there is plenty to be made do it legitimately. I'm going to have a go soon, I'll do a bit more research first.

They are always sending out offers every now and again. Maybe see if someone can refer you for a wee deal.

Or check out their FB etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They were paying dividends from money people were buying shares from, exactly like a Ponzi scheme. They needed constant investment or it went tits. 

I think at one point they could fund dividends from commission but then fucked it. 

As much as I don't think it's a Ponzi scheme they are still to blame.