Amateur/junior Football

Same for me. Only got to about 3 or 4 games this season. Used to see a lot of people at games on Sunday's when we were in Europe who I know play football on Saturday who are in the same boat. Anyway, I'm at banks o dee on loan from huntly just now. Looking forward to leaving the highland league in the summer after getting fed up of not playing much and travelling quite a bit to just sit on a bench

Nice one - been to a few BoD games this season - you boys have had a fairly up/down season eh!? if i mind right, not a bad keeper in the sticks too.

Used to play for Hermes in the juniors. Currently playing for Bon Accord City - in a relegation fight just now - need a win tomorrow to move 4 pts clear of relegation zone.

I'm the same. Only manage a handful of games a season due to football commitments.

Play for Alford funnily enough. We just got promoted back to division 2. We were in Division 1 two seasons ago! Back to back relegations followed by a promotion.

Who do you play for in the Premier? I scored a beauty against Tarves in the cup earlier in the season.

EDIT: Bon Accord City :poster_oops:

Play for Don Athletic.

Won the 2nd Division North this season and lost a cup final. They had a pretty poor team before but the manager took along his son and quite a lot of folk that are mates with his son or had played for him before and after a brief mid season hiccup (losing five games on the bounce, 2 league and three cup games including the final) won the league with three games in hand.

I'm the same. Only manage a handful of games a season due to football commitments.

Play for Alford funnily enough. We just got promoted back to division 2. We were in Division 1 two seasons ago! Back to back relegations followed by a promotion.

Who do you play for in the Premier? I scored a beauty against Tarves in the cup earlier in the season.

EDIT: Bon Accord City :poster_oops:

Tarves are a point below us in Premier, we have 2 games in hand, and 4 games left. 2 against Kincorth, 1 against AC Mill Inn and 1 against Westdyke.

4 go down - still between 6 clubs as to who goes down.

Nice one - been to a few BoD games this season - you boys have had a fairly up/down season eh!? if i mind right, not a bad keeper in the sticks too.

Used to play for Hermes in the juniors. Currently playing for Bon Accord City - in a relegation fight just now - need a win tomorrow to move 4 pts clear of relegation zone.

Yeah, I've only been there since February but we've had some very mixed results. League belongs to Culter as us and the rest of the teams up there haven't put enough points on the board to give Culter a tough enough task with all their games in hand. They're playing twice a week now but they're not dropping points against the lesser teams that we've had a couple of problems against. Got a semi-final against Culter on Friday night so hopefully win that and maybe salvage something from our season.

How did you get on with your relegation must win game yesterday?

He's sh*te, Roberto scored easily passed him.

In all seriousness, with joking aside......cracking keeper.

Ha ha, cheers Roberto, although I still cant remember this goal you speak of. Must've been a cracker. Unsaveable obviously ;)

Yeah, I've only been there since February but we've had some very mixed results. League belongs to Culter as us and the rest of the teams up there haven't put enough points on the board to give Culter a tough enough task with all their games in hand. They're playing twice a week now but they're not dropping points against the lesser teams that we've had a couple of problems against. Got a semi-final against Culter on Friday night so hopefully win that and maybe salvage something from our season.

How did you get on with your relegation must win game yesterday?

Ha ha, cheers Roberto, although I still cant remember this goal you speak of. Must've been a cracker. Unsaveable obviously ;)

We won 3-0 v AC Mill Inn. Westdyke on Wed, then Kincorth following week twice. Need a win or two!

Two games against Kincorth? Harsh!

Hutchy is on fire just now so there'll be no chance of a clean sheet!

Aye 2 games - prob to stay up too! Could think of other teams i would rather be playing. BUT they slipped up on Sat with a 1-1 draw against Old Aberdonians, on the pitch next to us - will give it our best!

Uni still in the hunt. We have 5 massive games left.

Woodside the morn

Kincorth to play twice

Uni to play twice

We made a mess of it 2 weeks ago where in the space of 5 days we lost 3 on the spin.

Lost to Bon Accord on Weds

Lost to Kintore on Sat

Lost to Echt on Mon

Even 1 win out of that 3 would have made a huge difference.

Florin, was a cup or league game at the pitch in Mugiemoss beside the paper mill....I challenged you for the ball (illegally) you dropped the ball and I tapped it in.

It was an absolute wonder goal. Haha.

Sounds like a screamer. Still convinced you've dreamed about this and it's not true. However, as you say, illegally. And they say keepers get too much protection? Ha ha. Been years since I've had a foul given for me for an attacker fouling me apart from George McBain going through me out beside the corner flag when we played Culter a few weeks ago

Two games against Kincorth? Harsh!

Hutchy is on fire just now so there'll be no chance of a clean sheet!

Kincorth are a brilliant squad, played them in pre-season and drew 1-1 (came on with 10mins to go, our keeper came up for corner, rifled a voley goalwards, bobbled around box and i SMASHED home from 2 yards :laughing: ) but very much doubt that would be the case now, they seem to be tearing it up in Premier League.

I play for Halliburton, sitting 5th in Division 1 East, one game left against Hilton who we beat 4-2 two weeks ago but after that game it's all down to teams below us to win their games and pass us, think we'll finish no lower than 8th. Out of our hands now. :crossfingers:

Kincorth are a brilliant squad, played them in pre-season and drew 1-1 (came on with 10mins to go, our keeper came up for corner, rifled a voley goalwards, bobbled around box and i SMASHED home from 2 yards :laughing: ) but very much doubt that would be the case now, they seem to be tearing it up in Premier League.

I play for Halliburton, sitting 5th in Division 1 East, one game left against Hilton who we beat 4-2 two weeks ago but after that game it's all down to teams below us to win their games and pass us, think we'll finish no lower than 8th. Out of our hands now. :crossfingers:

Maybe see you next season ;)

:)

And I posted my team earlier InTaeEm ye lazy prick! Never played Halliburton before dude.

My bad, tend to just scan through most of these forums.

Don Athletic, they were in our league last season when we got promoted, checked archive on our site and we drew 1-1 with use and beat use 5-1 last game of season. I missed end of season last year due to being abroad so couldn't tell you what happened.

My bad, tend to just scan through most of these forums.

Don Athletic, they were in our league last season when we got promoted, checked archive on our site and we drew 1-1 with use and beat use 5-1 last game of season. I missed end of season last year due to being abroad so couldn't tell you what happened.

We still have about seven of the boys from last year but only two of them get a regular game.

They were flying at the start last season but by the end the team was full of ringers and they almost got relegated.

Won 1-0 tonight to stay in the Premier for next season. Happy with that. Takes the pressure off, however, looking forward to playing Kincorth - played for them throughout juvenile football, and still know a few of their boys

Semi-final tomorrow night at Spain park against Culter on the back of three straight defeats which followed 4 straight clean sheets. Talk about being really good or really poor. See which team turns up tomorrow night. Last chance to salvage something for the season with Culter having pretty much won the league already.

Aye, point needed for Culter from last 3 games for title and already in final of other cup. Heading out to Crombie on Tuesday night, hopefully to see title clinched.