AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Diet And Fitness Thread

• Please log in to reply
3069 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while.

I knew i'd put a bit on as i was very busy in December and ate like a c'nt

Anyway i'm a portly 15st 9lbs which is the heaviest ive been

Going to do Tarquins famous interval session on the treadmill if he'll remind me what it is again.

Very nearly bought those alli slimming pills yesterday but notced a side effect from them is that you sh1t yourself-nae good

My aim is to be 14 stone by the time i do the Amsterdam marathon in October-not an easy task!
God speed the day when i'm on my way to my home in Aberdeen

#2 OFFLINE   zander

zander

Hun Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts
  • Joined 20-November 07

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

On a bit of a health kick just noo aswell, trying to take carbs out and do more excercise.

#3 OFFLINE   paddy

paddy

Official AFC Ping Pong Coach

• Moderators
  • 2,773 posts
  • Joined 20-August 07

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

started going to the gym end of november. Go about 4-5 times a week now. Lost about a stone.

feels good man

I can beat The Cockney Don at Ping Pong.

#4 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,087 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

I'm Fit as F**k.

#5 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

If you are after fatburners go for Hot rox or extreme tight by SAN, both really good and helped me quite a bit when I was losing weight.

My weight has been at around 111kg (17.7stone) for the last month or so and I have hardly been training due to illness and so on but need to hit it hard from now until march if I want to reach the weight to fight at interclub level, need to get to 95kg so I have went off the drink and getting my diet sorted, will also be training twice aday for the next 6 weeks or so.

A sad sad post-teen

#6 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

If you are after fatburners go for Hot rox or extreme tight by SAN, both really good and helped me quite a bit when I was losing weight.

My weight has been at around 111kg (17.7stone) for the last month or so and I have hardly been training due to illness and so on but need to hit it hard from now until march if I want to reach the weight to fight at interclub level, need to get to 95kg so I have went off the drink and getting my diet sorted, will also be training twice aday for the next 6 weeks or so.

Nice one mini

If you need a sparring partner on semi final day geez a shout as i'm hard as f'ck :sheepdance:

Twice a day training is dedicated indeed!

#7 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Nice one mini

If you need a sparring partner on semi final day geez a shout as i'm hard as f'ck :sheepdance:

Twice a day training is dedicated indeed!

haha cheers, I do plenty of sparring, do it every wednesday and come Feb I'll be doing it on sundays too, hard though as I am going against smaller guys at the moment, I am the biggest at the club and would be fighting at super heavy weight so I tend to struggle against the wee ones, however I try to spar with guys who fight at shows who are really good so I know I need to raise my game.

Training twice a day will be tough, going to go for runs most morning and hit the bag room at the gym on other morning just for 30 to 45 minutes, try work on speed and movement.

A sad sad post-teen

#8 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

haha cheers, I do plenty of sparring, do it every wednesday and come Feb I'll be doing it on sundays too, hard though as I am going against smaller guys at the moment, I am the biggest at the club and would be fighting at super heavy weight so I tend to struggle against the wee ones, however I try to spar with guys who fight at shows who are really good so I know I need to raise my game.

Training twice a day will be tough, going to go for runs most morning and hit the bag room at the gym on other morning just for 30 to 45 minutes, try work on speed and movement.

Whats your style again mini-kickboxing?

#9 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

I'm on a bit of a health kick too.
Just had a bacon & egg sandwich and a Sausage & egg sandwich.
Diet of champions.

Start at the gym on Monday again though. Time to beast myself :cry:

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#10 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

Whats your style again mini-kickboxing?

Yeah well Muay Thai, really good, try to train three times a week, Monday is padwork, wednesday is sparring and Friday is fitness and conditioning.

A sad sad post-teen

#11 OFFLINE   zander

zander

Hun Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts
  • Joined 20-November 07

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Been doing Weights one night then bike the next since Monday, nae considered the gym just now as it's mobbed seemingly. Trying to drop 2 stone before June/July. Not lost anything this week but I'd put that down to diet not being totally right. Going to pound the streets now the ice is gone.

#12 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Been doing Weights one night then bike the next since Monday, nae considered the gym just now as it's mobbed seemingly. Trying to drop 2 stone before June/July. Not lost anything this week but I'd put that down to diet not being totally right. Going to pound the streets now the ice is gone.

Are lifting heavy weights? I was lifting quite heavy weights but now away to start doing loads of reps and a lower weight, helps with the toning more than anything else.

A sad sad post-teen

#13 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

2 stone!
How heavy are you like?

#14 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 4,045 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'm Feel as F**k.

Fixed
What goes around, comes around

#15 OFFLINE   E-P-K

E-P-K

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,215 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Spinning bikes I salute you, have been using them the last month or so, even ordered one for the house, and what a f**king work out you get, never sweated so much, and the weight is pretty much dropping off.

Treadmills and kettlebells GTF, 30 minutes on a spinning bike going all tour de france on the Alpe d'Huez is the way forward.

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

#16 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Spinning bikes I salute you, have been using them the last month or so, even ordered one for the house, and what a f**king work out you get, never sweated so much, and the weight is pretty much dropping off.

Treadmills and kettlebells GTF, 30 minutes on a spinning bike going all tour de france on the Alpe d'Huez is the way forward.

You been doing spin classes? I swear by them, used to do 3 or 4 a week depending, need to get back to doing atleast two a week now also a lot of football teams do them too.

As for kettlebells, stick by them they will help with your conditioning.

A sad sad post-teen

#17 OFFLINE   E-P-K

E-P-K

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,215 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Yeah classes as well as on my own, ipod in and just go nuts for 30 minutes.

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

#18 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Yeah classes as well as on my own, ipod in and just go nuts for 30 minutes.

Aye they are great fun like, love them.

A sad sad post-teen

#19 OFFLINE   zander

zander

Hun Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts
  • Joined 20-November 07

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Are lifting heavy weights? I was lifting quite heavy weights but now away to start doing loads of reps and a lower weight, helps with the toning more than anything else.

15kg could do way more but as you say lower weights.

2 stone!
How heavy are you like?

16 4 and I'm 5"11 so shows a bit, always been a tubby c**t but put on a fair bit this past year.

#20 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 4,045 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

Scuse my ignorance EPK, but fit is a spinning bike?

#21 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

Edited by athenaeum, 15 January 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#22 OFFLINE   robbo

robbo

Dons Legend

• Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

pain and sweat. pools of sweat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQkdHYkLIQ

Fallons goal was a fluke, could try it 100 times and he'd be lucky to do it more than 5.

Darren Mackie could try it 100 times and he'd be lucky to hit the ball more than 5...

If you're joining a gym or a health club I'd give it a week... All the fucking no hopers have started this week clogging up your workout whilst hogging the machines you want to use... The pool I go to was fucking hoaching with fucking water treaders in the fast lane today - fuck off with your breast stroke in the fast lane, and you fucking old wifies having a wee chat in the medium lane... Get Tae.... You want to have a gas, stick your head in an oven...

#23 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 4,045 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

pain and sweat. pools of sweat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQkdHYkLIQ

Cheers.

Bit sweaty just watching that.

#24 OFFLINE   granite sheep

granite sheep

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
  • Joined 14-January 11

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Been doin the Men's Fitness Bodyplan 2010 books I got free over last year with said mag. 4 different books, each is a 6 week total body weights program focussing on Chest, Abs, Biceps (2 weeks into this one), and Shoulders. Nae bad system, you do a different set o exercises every 2 weeks, with 3 workouts per week.
1- Chest and back
2- Legs and shoulders
3- Focus on target muscles
All with abs exercises in each workout.
Cardio wise, in the gym I'm doin 40 minutes between the rower, crosstrainer, and spincycle. On my days I don't go to the gym, I do 30 minute interval runs: run 1 minute, walk 1 minute. With Sunday being my rest day. And when I finish a book, I give myself a rest week, to give my body time to recharge for the next set of workouts

Edited by granite sheep, 15 January 2011 - 06:27 PM.

JESUS SAVES- But Rooney nets the rebound!!

"We poison our air and water to weed out the weak! We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere! We nailed our God to a stick! Don't fuck with the human race!"

#25 OFFLINE   Sheep#1

Sheep#1

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Aye but what makes the spinner bike different from a normal bike, in terms of actually just using it?
COYR

#26 OFFLINE   centraldon

centraldon

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Joined 07-January 08

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

Been going to spin classes for about two years now. Makes a hell of a difference to your fitness. I mostly go to a class called velocity, which is faster spin at lower gears.

In terms weight loss I have set a specific calorie intake each day. There is an app called myfitnesspal which you can record what you eat so you are easily able to stick to a set intake. Used it two years ago and lost a stone and a half. It's also great for educating you on which foods to avoid and setting good eating habits. My weight flutates by a few pounds. But I've pretty much kept most of it off.

#27 OFFLINE   paddy

paddy

Official AFC Ping Pong Coach

• Moderators
  • 2,773 posts
  • Joined 20-August 07

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

Can't beat powerplates. Amazing machines.

I can beat The Cockney Don at Ping Pong.

#28 OFFLINE   Sheep#1

Sheep#1

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Can't beat powerplates. Amazing machines.

I was using them today. Still not convinced whether they are actually working, or just a gimmicky thing for over-weight, middle aged women to sit on, thinking it's going make them thin.
COYR

#29 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,957 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

I was using them today. Still not convinced whether they are actually working, or just a gimmicky thing for over-weight, middle aged women to sit on, thinking it's going make them thin.

They won't make you thin but they will help with shape and the tone of your body, the vibrations help work the muscles and it's great for strecthing as you will find you get a good deep stretch, also I love using them for turning my hip flexers on and doing sit ups.

A sad sad post-teen

#30 OFFLINE   Brochdoll

Brochdoll

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Joined 31-July 08

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Fixed

Made me laugh

Been going to spin classes for about two years now. Makes a hell of a difference to your fitness. I mostly go to a class called velocity, which is faster spin at lower gears.

In terms weight loss I have set a specific calorie intake each day. There is an app called myfitnesspal which you can record what you eat so you are easily able to stick to a set intake. Used it two years ago and lost a stone and a half. It's also great for educating you on which foods to avoid and setting good eating habits. My weight flutates by a few pounds. But I've pretty much kept most of it off.

I use http://foodfocus.co.uk/ You can record food and exercise and set weight/exercise targets.

I go to Zumba (which I enjoy which is one of the biggest probs with exercise for me). Starting a jogging club tonight which does fast and slow work so wont quite be LS's interval training but a bit of variety rather than the just jogging at one pace Ive done in the past. Also bought through groupon (which is amazing) unlimited bootcamp for 2 months which we've not started yet as the guy hasnt got back to us yet and 10 gym classes for 10 so I can try out different things.

Been eating better too and my main aim this year is to plan properly for meals so I eat less crap and also to cut out lots of booze. Special occasions only !

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users