AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Diet And Fitness Thread

• Please log in to reply
3069 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   RTYD

RTYD

Director of Football

• Site Sponsor
  • 10,680 posts
  • Joined 13-March 07

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while.

I knew i'd put a bit on as i was very busy in December and ate like a c'nt

Anyway i'm a portly 15st 9lbs which is the heaviest ive been

Going to do Tarquins famous interval session on the treadmill if he'll remind me what it is again.

Very nearly bought those alli slimming pills yesterday but notced a side effect from them is that you sh1t yourself-nae good

My aim is to be 14 stone by the time i do the Amsterdam marathon in October-not an easy task!

Bought a decent cross trainer for the garage and am hitting it reasonably well. Hardest half hour of the day. I hate gyms.
"So RTYD, tell me again. There used to be a club called Rangers and they played in Govan?""Correct""What were they like?""Leeches who cheated their way to titles.""Oh, a bit like Celtic then."

#32 OFFLINE   robbo

robbo

Dons Legend

• Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Bought a decent cross trainer for the garage and am hitting it reasonably well. Hardest half hour of the day. I hate gyms.

cant fault cross trainers if used properly. no impact, so your ankles, knees and hips will love you in the long term.

its when folk start cheating and let their body rise and fall with the cycles that pisses me off. cant stand going to the gym and seeing people bobbing up and down. waste of time. its like river dance, keep the head and body still, make the legs do the work. 10x harder that way

Fallons goal was a fluke, could try it 100 times and he'd be lucky to do it more than 5.

Darren Mackie could try it 100 times and he'd be lucky to hit the ball more than 5...

If you're joining a gym or a health club I'd give it a week... All the fucking no hopers have started this week clogging up your workout whilst hogging the machines you want to use... The pool I go to was fucking hoaching with fucking water treaders in the fast lane today - fuck off with your breast stroke in the fast lane, and you fucking old wifies having a wee chat in the medium lane... Get Tae.... You want to have a gas, stick your head in an oven...

#33 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,765 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

Anybody know of any spin classes in the Aberdeen area or near Westhill itself??

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#34 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Anybody know of any spin classes in the Aberdeen area or near Westhill itself??

Not Westhill but know of a good class at my gym, wednesday lunch (45min) Wednesday evening (1hour) done by the same guy, awesome class whether it be a normal class, tabata or pyramid class, you will come out drenched if they right effort is put in.

A sad sad post-teen

#35 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 19,765 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Not Westhill but know of a good class at my gym, wednesday lunch (45min) Wednesday evening (1hour) done by the same guy, awesome class whether it be a normal class, tabata or pyramid class, you will come out drenched if they right effort is put in.

You at the Banks of Dee mini?

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#36 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

You at the Banks of Dee mini?

Yeah mate, I know it's quite far for you but the classes are worth it, the lunch time one is from 12:4 5 until 13:00 then the evening one is at 5:30 until 6:30.

Trained twice today, just cardio as it turns out I have a slight muscle tear in my right arm near the tricep which is a massive problem considering what i am aiming to do, got my new diet tonight which looks really good and varied, plenty of carbs, loads of protein and and fats, so everything should fall in to place once I really hit the training hard.

A sad sad post-teen

#37 OFFLINE   Bobby Connor

Bobby Connor

You are a boring F**Cunt!

• Admin
  • 15,993 posts
  • Joined 21-December 06

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Down to 13st 12 today. I am officially no longer overweight. :)

Amazing what a load of stress can do for you. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to drop a few pounds along with smoking shit loads of fags.
Posted ImageDAYS OFF THE BOOZE - 0DAYS OFF GAMBLING - 13516MINUTES OFF SMOKING - 30

#38 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Amazing what a load of stress can do for you. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to drop a few pounds along with smoking sh*t loads of fags.

Hahaha, well done min.

A sad sad post-teen

#39 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Amazing what a load of stress can do for you. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to drop a few pounds along with smoking sh*t loads of fags.

Ive been stressed to f**k with work and trying to get my accounts in order :banghead:

Put weight on though through comfort eating
God speed the day when i'm on my way to my home in Aberdeen

#40 OFFLINE   E-P-K

E-P-K

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,215 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

This baby arrived today, beast of a machine, 55 kilo !

Posted Image

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

#41 OFFLINE   rocket_scientist

rocket_scientist

Director of Football

• Banned
  • 13,749 posts
  • Joined 22-December 08

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

If it helps to boost your self-confidence so that you finally get a girl (or boy if that's your bent), then good for you.

Work on your mind next.

Congratulations by the way. Your humiliation of LS worked.

Edited by rocket_scientist, 24 January 2011 - 02:36 PM.

Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

#42 OFFLINE   Bobby Connor

Bobby Connor

You are a boring F**Cunt!

• Admin
  • 15,993 posts
  • Joined 21-December 06

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

Spinning bike? Couldn't get on one without an instructor shouting at me.
Posted ImageDAYS OFF THE BOOZE - 0DAYS OFF GAMBLING - 13516MINUTES OFF SMOKING - 30

#43 OFFLINE   Pudgie

Pudgie

100% seasons - 0/17

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Joined PureGym for a trial to see if I'll use it and might upgrade if I'm getting use of it (outgrow it).
Shay Shay
He's the Dons number two
What the fuck will you do
When he's running past you?

#44 OFFLINE   E-P-K

E-P-K

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,215 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Spinning bike? Couldn't get on one without an instructor shouting at me.

Aye, rather ironically a couple of days after I ordered it, they started doing spinning classes at the local gym. which I did my induction with last week, but their spinning classes are fully booked for next couple of weeks.

I find it more satisfying than using a treadmill or cross trainer.

Kettlebell classes are starting again in February so look to continue with them, although have not used one in anger for 3+ months..

RS, You still use KBs regular ?

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

#45 OFFLINE   zander

zander

Hun Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts
  • Joined 20-November 07

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

Lost 6-7 pounds this past fortnight hoping to make it a stone by the next two fortnights, that's without the gym aswell.

#46 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Lost 6-7 pounds this past fortnight hoping to make it a stone by the next two fortnights, that's without the gym aswell.

Niceone, I've lost almost 3kg over last two weeks, eating is almost there and training twice a day some days helps alot, worked it out that to make the weight I need to lose around 2 to 3 kg a week for me to come in comfortable.

Also finally got my ECA+30, boost off of them is awesome.

A sad sad post-teen

#47 OFFLINE   zander

zander

Hun Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts
  • Joined 20-November 07

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Is that strong stuff, might invest in burners myself when I'm paid.

#48 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Is that strong stuff, might invest in burners myself when I'm paid.

They are strong like, hard to get too.

A sad sad post-teen

#49 OFFLINE   robbo

robbo

Dons Legend

• Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

i got done when taking a new membership. theres a scheme down here that if you take a membership, you can go to any council owned gym and use any of their facilities for 14 p/m, or you can take the max value which is 18 and includes all classes and courses.

i wasnt interested in the classes so just wanted the more value card....yeah, the woman put me down for a max card anyway even after i told her several times i only wanted the more value one. so rather than go back and pick a fight over 4, ill just drag my ass to these classes for a month.

only pain in the arse is that most classes are at night. virtually nothing on in the mornings or lunchtimes. even more annoying that the better classes are at the gyms at the other end of the valley, so about a 40 min drive when my closest gym is a 5 min drive and has f**k all other that zumba and pilates ffs

Fallons goal was a fluke, could try it 100 times and he'd be lucky to do it more than 5.

Darren Mackie could try it 100 times and he'd be lucky to hit the ball more than 5...

If you're joining a gym or a health club I'd give it a week... All the fucking no hopers have started this week clogging up your workout whilst hogging the machines you want to use... The pool I go to was fucking hoaching with fucking water treaders in the fast lane today - fuck off with your breast stroke in the fast lane, and you fucking old wifies having a wee chat in the medium lane... Get Tae.... You want to have a gas, stick your head in an oven...

#50 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Ive been stressed to f**k with work and trying to get my accounts in order :banghead:

Put weight on though through comfort eating

Weighed in today lost f'uck all :thumbsdown:

#51 OFFLINE   Brochdoll

Brochdoll

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Joined 31-July 08

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Weighed in today lost f'uck all :thumbsdown:

You might have lost inches though!

#52 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

You might have lost inches though!

:unsure: :unsure:

#53 OFFLINE   robbo

robbo

Dons Legend

• Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

2mo is going to blow goats for me:

uni training 2-4
going to the gym - legs and chest - 4.15-5
ice bath 5-5.15
food hopefully about 5.45
get my transfer form signed at 6.30 next to the gym
then have to fly up the road for club training 7-8

going to be very tired tomorrow night.

can see thursday being a nice slow swim then jacuzzi

#54 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

2mo is going to blow goats for me:

uni training 2-4
going to the gym - legs and chest - 4.15-5
ice bath 5-5.15
food hopefully about 5.45
get my transfer form signed at 6.30 next to the gym
then have to fly up the road for club training 7-8

going to be very tired tomorrow night.

can see thursday being a nice slow swim then jacuzzi

Legs and chest are two massive areas to work on are they not? Ice bath any good? Not sure which places here have them wouldn't mind doing one after a heavy night of sparring or so.

A sad sad post-teen

#55 OFFLINE   athenaeum

athenaeum

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 19-January 08

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

Legs and chest are two massive areas to work on are they not? Ice bath any good? Not sure which places here have them wouldn't mind doing one after a heavy night of sparring or so.

Bring your gloves saturday min-I'll show you what proper sparring is :fight:

(bobs and weaves infront of monitor)

#56 ONLINE   cheesepipes

cheesepipes

Original Proper Gent

• Members
  • 10,401 posts
  • Joined 19-January 11

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Indeed sir, if you do your chest properly you should be in no fit state to do the leggies and vice versa! Nae that i'm a expert like. My tip for what its worth would be triceps with the Chest, legs get their own day.

Anyway, anybody tried out the new Superpump Max(sounds like a sex aid, i know)? Used the Superpump250 for quite a bit and was quite impressed.

Goals for 2011, trim the waist in and get the bench press up to 120..........Beast it up!
If you are not a Proper Gent, you are bent.

#57 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Bring your gloves saturday min-I'll show you what proper sparring is :fight:

(bobs and weaves infront of monitor)

Haha no problem, the temptation to head to a gym in Glasgow on Saturday morning is in my mind, there is a cracking MMA/Muay Thai gym down there not too far from Hampden but I fancy a wee drink so doubt I'll do it. BTW don't tend to bob and weave, I enjoy taking the odd hit.

Indeed sir, if you do your chest properly you should be in no fit state to do the leggies and vice versa! Nae that i'm a expert like. My tip for what its worth would be triceps with the Chest, legs get their own day.

Anyway, anybody tried out the new Superpump Max(sounds like a sex aid, i know)? Used the Superpump250 for quite a bit and was quite impressed.

Goals for 2011, trim the waist in and get the bench press up to 120..........Beast it up!

Never tried superpump, I am not a fan of the energy boosting drinks pre workout, prefer a good fat burner (Hot rox, xtreme tights and ECA+30.)

A sad sad post-teen

#58 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 4,046 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Haha no problem, the temptation to head to a gym in Glasgow on Saturday morning is in my mind, there is a cracking MMA/Muay Thai gym down there not too far from Hampden but I fancy a wee drink so doubt I'll do it. BTW don't tend to bob and weave, I enjoy taking the odd hit.

Never tried superpump, I am not a fan of the energy boosting drinks pre workout, prefer a good fat burner (Hot rox, xtreme tights and ECA+30.)

These not upset your guts though?

Do they shift fat and keep it off?
What goes around, comes around

#59 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,963 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

These not upset your guts though?

Do they shift fat and keep it off?

Nah, those ones I have listed are fine, had no problems atall from any of them, extra energy boost, helps with tiredness and some times helps stop you feeling hungry and yes they certainly help get rid of fat if used properly with good diet and exercise.

A sad sad post-teen

#60 ONLINE   cheesepipes

cheesepipes

Original Proper Gent

• Members
  • 10,401 posts
  • Joined 19-January 11

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

Nah, those ones I have listed are fine, had no problems atall from any of them, extra energy boost, helps with tiredness and some times helps stop you feeling hungry and yes they certainly help get rid of fat if used properly with good diet and exercise.

Yip, a lot of folk dismiss a lot of products down to poor training and diet, i canna speak cause my binge drinking plays havoc. If i had the mental power to knock booze on the head i'd be on a winner.

Worked with a guy who was on Slimfast shakes, he drank them at teabreak along with 2 buttered pancakes n jam, about a month in he looked at his shake in disgust and said "these f**king slimfast shakes are a waste of f**king time"!

I've noticed with a lot of products the first time you might get a dose of the shits or a bit jittery but you soon get over it, i'm quite into the Pre Workout stuff, i'm on Dorian Yates NOXPump at the moment and its pretty wild stuff, tastes pretty rank mind.

I'm trying to attempt a no bread week aswell, sounds easy........is it f**k! Bread products seem to appear from all angles flashing their rude parts at you.
If you are not a Proper Gent, you are bent.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users