Morality

Fridge

Fuck sake, just got a text through saying I have to attend a meeting about let’s say some “actions” of some boy at work.

He’s sound but has fucked up big style, nae as in Michael Jackson or getting the jail but nae good, drink related.

I know exactly what he has done and on here it is fuck all but would you lie and cover it up or tell the total truth and know he will get sacked?

• Site Sponsor

Fuck sake, just got a text through saying I have to attend a meeting about let’s say some “actions” of some boy at work.

He’s sound but has fucked up big style, nae as in Michael Jackson or getting the jail but nae good, drink related.

I know exactly what he has done and on here it is fuck all but would you lie and cover it up or tell the total truth and know he will get sacked?

Was the "offence" in work time?

Does it affect his work/employment?

Brings his company into disrepute?

If no, it's fuck all to do with his employer.

Was once involved in a sexual harassment case at work. Some mad dyke was trying to get a colleague the sack, and I was dragged in and had to write a statement. 

I knew it was bogus as fuck, so what I wrote was 100% accurate and didn't implicate him in the slightest. Result... case closed but no apology was offered for what was a frivolous case at best. 

Fuck corporate ethics and work by the set you've formed over the course of your own life... at least that's how I would deal with it. 

There's no one answer suits all situations, but you can be clever about how you react to a situation, and you can satisfy the suits without giving anything away if you're smart about it. 

What has he done?

Wary of what to say but he was smashed out of his box and being a cock all night. And he may or may not have groped and offered an office bird cash for sex.

I stepped in at that point and told him to tune in and got him a taxi home, so it is difficult for me to claim plausible deniability.

Might just take the sickie route or amnesia right enough.

Surely you can't get the tin tack for being pished on your own time? Advise him to tell them to stop being fannies.

You can if it’s a works night out which is fucking

ironic as they are plying everyone full of free booze.

I’ve had this conversation with HR before, misrepresenting the company or some shit.

Surely you can't get the tin tack for being pished on your own time? Advise him to tell them to stop being fannies.

I've a family member who works in HR - they dread the Xmas night out due to the potential fall out from folks behaviour on the night. Can lead to warnings/hearings and the sack.

You can if it’s a works night out which is fucking

ironic as they are plying everyone full of free booze.

I’ve had this conversation with HR before, misrepresenting the company or some shit.

One of my best pals drop kicked a woman in the back on his office night out last Xmas. Dismissed the next day. Travesty imo

One office bird asked a co-worker to fist her at the christmas party. 

He didn't go running to HR about sexual harassment... he got four fingers (no thumb) up her. 

If guys can take this in their stride then the birds need to toughen the fuck up about it. 

• Upvote 1