Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

The way we played against Celtic was similar to the Hibs and huns set up. Stop them playing short at goal kicks etc. Watching the game, you knew the huns couldn't keep it up forever. In the end, they didn't have to as Rodgers changes had no real effect on how they played.

Rodgers played a weaker team against Rangers than he did against us.

Cmon tae fuck Bobo.

At times the huns were 4 against 3. We had May and Cosgrove making a complete cunt of marking Boyata, Benkovic and Brown. Wright/McGinn and Maclennan were clearly under strict instruction not to let the full backs in behind them which they achieved by not crossing the half way line.

As someone said it’s high risk as the Tim’s have the players to Nail you on the break if they do get out. But we all saw what the triangle (Boyata, Benkovic and Brown) were like when pressured. Properly.

Cmon tae fuck Bobo.

At times the huns were 4 against 3. We had May and Cosgrove making a complete cunt of marking Boyata, Benkovic and Brown. Wright/McGinn and Maclennan were clearly under strict instruction not to let the full backs in behind them which they achieved by not crossing the half way line.

As someone said it’s high risk as the Tim’s have the players to Nail you on the break if they do get out. But we all saw what the triangle (Boyata, Benkovic and Brown) were like when pressured. Properly.

Do you think we'd have suffered the same result against the line up the tims played against the huns?

Celtic could barely keep the ball without McGregor in the middle of the park. 

We got up the park plenty times in the first half. We were the better team. Unfortunately, McGinn and McLennan were wasteful. McLennan 50 games into his career won't be making the same decisions as he makes at the moment. He looks like he is going to be a player.

Second half we were significantly poorer.

The Macregor switch I’ll grant you. But Rodgers thought his midfield could do without him else he’d have played Hayes there. Why? Because Brown has torn us a new one three days earlier. Want to know why we were weaker in the second half? Watch the game back and note how May goes from trying to mark Brown to being constantly 5 yards behind him. We stopped their full back danger although I’d argue without Tierney that’s minimal anyway (and in fairness we were adjusting to life without Lowe). But that triangle which we marked with two whereas the hun swamped it with 4 was embarrassing.

The Macregor switch I’ll grant you. But Rodgers thought his midfield could do without him else he’d have played Hayes there. Why? Because Brown has torn us a new one three days earlier. Want to know why we were weaker in the second half? Watch the game back and note how May goes from trying to mark Brown to being constantly 5 yards behind him. We stopped their full back danger although I’d argue without Tierney that’s minimal anyway (and in fairness we were adjusting to life without Lowe). But that triangle which we marked with two whereas the hun swamped it with 4 was embarrassing.

For me, the game changed when May was booked.

Hartson didn't seem to think going down with an arm on your back was a problem when it was a Celtic player.

Brown did not tear us a new one. He was very poor against us. Why they persist on playing him is beyond me.

For me, the game changed when May was booked.

Hartson didn't seem to think going down with an arm on your back was a problem when it was a Celtic player.

Brown did not tear us a new one. He was very poor against us. Why they persist on playing him is beyond me.

Brown was on for us to waste energy going for him and letting the other players take advantage of the space

Brown was on for us to waste energy going for him and letting the other players take advantage of the space

Brown was given acres of space in the middle by us. Like they had been told to stay away because he's a protected cheating cunt.

MLS &'Aussies & Celtic making another offer to him.

He doesn't have the balls to leave the protective blanket he gets at Celtic. If they have an extension offer for him. He'll take it. He's a shitebag

• Upvote 1

Do you think we'd have suffered the same result against the line up the tims played against the huns?

Celtic could barely keep the ball without McGregor in the middle of the park. 

We got up the park plenty times in the first half. We were the better team. Unfortunately, McGinn and McLennan were wasteful. McLennan 50 games into his career won't be making the same decisions as he makes at the moment. He looks like he is going to be a player.

Second half we were significantly poorer.

Rogic produces some big moments for Celtic, but their last couple of games have reinforced my opinion that McGregor is their most important player.  In the old firm game, he was still their best player, playing out of left back.   Their midfield was a shambles without him.

Rogic produces some big moments for Celtic, but their last couple of games have reinforced my opinion that McGregor is their most important player. In the old firm game, he was still their best player, playing out of left back. Their midfield was a shambles without him.

Yep, Mcgregor's a great wee player. Fuck knows what Brenda was thinking playing him at LB

Rogic produces some big moments for Celtic, but their last couple of games have reinforced my opinion that McGregor is their most important player.  In the old firm game, he was still their best player, playing out of left back.   Their midfield was a shambles without him.

Best midfielder in the country IMO. By some distance too.

The best things are glaswegian

Alex Ferguson, me, Willie Miller, me, Jimmy calderwood

I used to think your posts were good for a laugh to read - some of your classic threads had me in stitches.

However, recently (probably waaay later than others) I have came to the conclusion that you are actually in fact just mentally challenged and I somehow actually feel sorry for you.

• Upvote 2

Probably off to Southampton for £10m in the summer then!

Celtic know they are a selling club just like every other Scottish club. They lost Dembele and Armstrong but to be fair to them they got good money for both. I expect at some point in the next few years the likes of Tierney, Edouard, Rogic, Forrest and McGregor will be sold if they continue to excel at this level. The money on offer down south is just too much for most of these players to ignore forever.

Celtic know they are a selling club just like every other Scottish club. They lost Dembele and Armstrong but to be fair to them they got good money for both. I expect at some point in the next few years the likes of Tierney, Edouard, Rogic, Forrest and McGregor will be sold if they continue to excel at this level. The money on offer down south is just too much for most of these players to ignore forever.

They wanted silly money for Tierney in the summer when they were shopping him down South.

Got no bites. 

Would the difference be that huge if you take into account the bonuses they'd get for runs to domestic cup Finals, Champions League Qualifiers, Champions League groups and the inevitable Europa League ties with Celtic? They wouldn't get that with the Southampton's of the EPL.