Scotland Vs Belgium/albania

Having watched Ryan Fraser miraculously recover from the injury that kept him out of the Albania and run riot on the LEFT wing for Bournemouth it makes me wonder what's in the mixy bottle that McLeish scoofs out of.

He harps on about playing your best players, but he does that but doesn't play them in their best positions thus lessening their influence. If he played them in their best positions we'd be a better team. And if that means dropping glass jaw then so be it.

No doubting Tierney is a good player but he's not going to get in ahead of Robertson. And playing him in the left of a back 3 is not getting the best out of him so he's not one of your best players in that position.

Flat back 4 with a 4 or a 5 in front. Robertson left back with Fraser left wing. If you must play him, Tierney can go to right back as he's probably our best option there even if it isn't his natural position.

100%

Although I don't think Tierney walks into the right back slot

Aye. I've changed my mind. Back 4 with Robertson left back and Fraser left wing. Tierney can be back up left back or fight it out for the right back spot.

Yep.

If we get Robertson and Fraser in their best positions I think it's just hard luck Tierney. He has to get on with it.

And actually he might prove to be good at CB or RB or even as the holding midfielder.

But we can't keep moving 3 or 4 players around the team and playing a particular formation just to shoehorn Tierney in alongside Robertson.