St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

He was on another planet of skill and vision, hence where he now plays. Christie was producing a huge number of goals and assists. We've now got fuck all. 

Exactly. He was wasted for a few months whilst we had him shoved out wide, similar to Christie in spells. How it takes mcinnes so long to realise that these players need to be played in the 10 role is sheer tactical negligence. Stewart another example now being played properly for Killie, look at the results. 

• Upvote 1

I think people are just butthurt because he didn't want to come back. I don't blame him. Fucking being a creative number 10 and playing under McShit.

I was glad he didn't come back.

We improved once he was left out of the team.

But as you say, he was being played out of position.

If we had a decent manager who knew what he was doing, yeah, we would have seen the best of him, surely.

Under those circumstances, I'd have been delighted to see him come back.

Correct. Annoyed that their take that he wasn't a team player was absolute nonsense.

I get the take on him being too greedy.

That last game up at Ross County, he was horrifically wasteful.

Trying to do too much on his own.

Never picking the correct option when players were available.

Though this may have been, or probably was a culmination of his frustration from the way he was being utilised by McInnes.

Add him to the list of players who are superb with other teams, but shit with us under Delboy.

Must be a fair length noo.

It's easy to say CL would have done this or that. The bottom line is that he hasn't done anything good enough to win a club he has been at any silverware and he has had plenty of chances he's not exactly new to management.

As for last season? I think it was fairly common knowledge that in his role as DOF Levein identified and signed the players whereas Cathro's job was to coach them. So technically it was Levein's team last season he just didn't have a pre season with them as their actual manager.

Just for the record what exactly is it that Levein has achieved in his managerial career to date that makes you say he "gets the job done at this level?" What has he done in your eyes that makes him stand out enough from the others for you to say that? It's a bit rich to say Levein would have given Celtic a better run in the cups had he been in McInnes' shoes these past few seasons considering Levein's very poor cup record as a manager that I have already highlighted (knocked out of the cups by three lower league clubs as Hearts manager).

He has made a very good start this season I'll give him that. It's still very early days though.

CL was in control of playing budget with Cathro. Now that he is clearly spending more that he is manager he has clearly sourced better players than Cathro could & the type that suits his playing style rather than Cathros experimentation shite.

CL had Utd stronger than their budget at time would suggest & he clearly has Hearts stronger than they were.

I am not saying CL is a great manager, nor even a good one. Just that he is decent 'at this level' & easily as good as McInnes if not better 'at this level'

Saying CL is better than McInnes though at this level, doesn't mean saying he is a good manager.

McInnes is pretty shite when it comes to tactics & any kind of plan B & he is far from the irreplaceable manager that some seem to think he is just because of the shite that preceded him with us. The circumstances during McInnes's time with us have fooled many into thinking he is far better than he actually is.

He has improved the club OFF THE FIELD in many areas & full credit for that, made the club far more professional but on the playing side & his eye for talent is hit & miss at best. Yes he has sourced a couple of great finds but he has had TEN transfer windows to do this, so you would expect him to find a few in that time.

Club is going backwards again, or rather our challengers are getting back to strength & McInnes is getting found out for the mediocre manager he is.

Time to move him on. He's starting to fester

The irony in all of this is that every season that goes by we are playing more and more like Levein's Hearts. Except Levein is better at sourcing the right players to play that system.

& he has bigger balls & an ability to come up with a plan B. Also plays with two wingers, an old school style No.10 & sometimes even two up front even though he was a disgusting defensive cock on numerous occasions.

CL is shite but he makes his shite really fkn tough & hard to chew & get the stink off

McInnes is shite but the weak & watery kind but his verbal shite makes up for some of his other failings. Baffles with BS if you like.

I would know ;)

CL was in control of playing budget with Cathro. Now that he is clearly spending more that he is manager he has clearly sourced better players than Cathro could & the type that suits his playing style rather than Cathros experimentation shite.

CL had Utd stronger than their budget at time would suggest & he clearly has Hearts stronger than they were.

I am not saying CL is a great manager, nor even a good one. Just that he is decent 'at this level' & easily as good as McInnes if not better 'at this level'

Saying CL is better than McInnes though at this level, doesn't mean saying he is a good manager.

McInnes is pretty shite when it comes to tactics & any kind of plan B & he is far from the irreplaceable manager that some seem to think he is just because of the shite that preceded him with us. The circumstances during McInnes's time with us have fooled many into thinking he is far better than he actually is.

He has improved the club OFF THE FIELD in many areas & full credit for that, made the club far more professional but on the playing side & his eye for talent is hit & miss at best. Yes he has sourced a couple of great finds but he has had TEN transfer windows to do this, so you would expect him to find a few in that time.

Club is going backwards again, or rather our challengers are getting back to strength & McInnes is getting found out for the mediocre manager he is.

Time to move him on. He's starting to fester

Not really understanding the point you're trying to make about Levein in comparing him to DM? That he's made Utd and Hearts stronger? Isn't that what McInnes has done with us since he came in? And let's face it making Hearts stronger after the Cathro's debacle wasn't really difficult.

You also say CL has made Hearts and United stronger than their budgets would generally have dictated? Again McInnes has done that the past two seasons by finishing about Sevco twice in a row and they had prob 4x the budget DM had in each of those two seasons.

Look I understand the point that many are making about McInnes' shelf life being up at AFC. Things do feel rather stale under him this season. But if CL is the yardstick of a manager who gets the job done at this level then McInnes definitely qualifies under the same category as 4x second places in a row, a cup win and two other cup finals demonstrate. He's far from perfect but twice his team has broken the points record for non old firm teams (and he did that whilst Sevco and Hearts were in the league).

Levein has not outperformed McInnes at SPFL level regardless of the fact that his side have won their first 5 games this season. I just don't understand why you brought him up in comparison. Like you said yourself you're not even saying he's a good manager and you wouldn't want him anywhere near Aberdeen. So just seemed a strange comparison for you to make to try to discredit DM.

• Upvote 2