Boycott Football?

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Rangers Stay in the Premier League, or have to Start again in Division 3 if they are liquidated?

• Start Again in Divisoin 3, I dont care about TV money
    • Stay in Premier League, I dont want it to affect Aberdeens Income
  2. 2. If the SPL let Rangers 2 back into football, would you Boycott Scottish Football?

• Yes - Becasue whats the point if teams get preferential treatment?
    • No - what good would it do?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally I would like to see Rangers cease to exist, for good.

There are no redeeming qualities to that club.

Their fans, predictably, are now threatenting terrorism on HMRC. Don't be surprised to see the leading figures in the battle intimidated in their own homes.

They are total and utter scum, and Scotland has a chance to get rid of them.

Fuck their supporters.

Just putting this out there to see what peoples views are?

I for one, want to see them Liquidated and if new Rangers came along, I would want them to start again in Division 3. If they went straight back into the SPL I wouldn't want to support the SPL. And would stop going to games as i see it as nothing more than a farce.

When it comes to farce surely the SPL achieved that status years ago?

Don't know if I would boycott games. Have to see what the situation was around it. If AFC came out and said they weren't in support of the huns reinstatement but they SPL voted them in anyway I don't think I could stop going to pittodrie

For the purpose of the vote I said yes and yes.... but like yourself, if Aberdeen publically came out and did all they could to oppose the Huns getting back that knowing it will be the will of the vast majority of their fans, then I'd be in the same boat in that I'd find it hard to give up the Dons

It would be a hard one to decide upon - do you stop supporting the Dons by not going to games if they've done all they could, so that you can protest against the SPL/SFA?

Don't know if I would boycott games. Have to see what the situation was around it. If AFC came out and said they weren't in support of the huns reinstatement but they SPL voted them in anyway I don't think I could stop going to pittodrie

I'm much the same. If afc voted against them getting straight back in then I would continue to support them. If however they voted to let them straight back in I would fuck them off.

For the purpose of the vote I said yes and yes.... but like yourself, if Aberdeen publically came out and did all they could to oppose the Huns getting back that knowing it will be the will of the vast majority of their fans, then I'd be in the same boat in that I'd find it hard to give up the Dons

It would be a hard one to decide upon - do you stop supporting the Dons by not going to games if they've done all they could, so that you can protest against the SPL/SFA?

I totally agree with that, and It would be sad for Aberdeen FC because too many have turned there backs already.

Surely boycotting AFC would do more harm than good though? The club relies on the money from the supporters to exist, all we are doing is biting off our nose to spite our own face. We'd be faced with one of three situations:

1) Rangers 2 FC begin in 3rd division. Best scenario

2) Rangers 2 FC start in the SPL and we boycott the club, Aberdeen go further in debt and we end up in Administration ourselves. Worst Scenario.

3) Rangers 2 FC start in the SPL and the fans rally behind the club and we fight to regain control. meh.

4) Rangers FC stay where they are but have to sell stadium, all their players and they are fucked regardless. another good scenario IF clubs take advantage.

Surely boycotting AFC would do more harm than good though? The club relies on the money from the supporters to exist, all we are doing is biting off our nose to spite our own face. We'd be faced with one of three situations:

2) Rangers 2 FC start in the SPL and we boycott the club, Aberdeen go further in debt and we end up in Administration ourselves. Worst Scenario.

3) Rangers 2 FC start in the SPL and the fans rally behind the club and we fight to regain control. meh.

4) Rangers FC stay where they are but have to sell stadium, all their players and they are fucked regardless. another good scenario IF clubs take advantage.

Fair Points - The SPL is fucked anyway, Hearts are going to go the same way at some point, and may not survive. It has to change, something has to be done to make it more competitive,, but I don't know what that would be?

This is the most unlikely to happen due to our support being divided as it is.

Whatever happens I think us as AFC fans need to be more positive (myself included) and united behind the team. No matter what happens Rangers will be in a weaker position and we as a club should be chasing them.

This is the most unlikely to happen due to our support being divided as it is.

Whatever happens I think us as AFC fans need to be more positive (myself included) and united behind the team. No matter what happens Rangers will be in a weaker position and we as a club should be chasing them.

Id love it if everyone was more positive,, but there is so much apathy already, its almost like fighting a loosing battle. hopefully the SPL will do the right thing and start them in division 3.

Justice must be done.

If not, you are handing over hard earned money to support and further the monopoly which has gripped our game for nigh on 30 years.

If you continue to follow SPL football containing a 'new' (exactly the fucking same) Rangers, next season, then you are insane, and I hold nothing but pity for your lack of gumption.

SPL has to act to end two team mega dominance. This is the chairmens' strongest chance to do so.

That's not based on a lets kick the huns mentality, that's an observation well into my fourth decade of todders attendance. SPL entrusted the OF the keys to the treasure chest and it worked, they both got their day in the sun a la the holy european grail - no not the CL don't be fcn stupid - albeit they couldn't seal the deal and one of them won't be asked back to Manchester in a hurry. In addition the key sponsors have had what, 4 helicopter sundays out of the last seven (I think). What more could they possibly want?

The question now is what more could we ALL want?

SPL has to act to end two team mega dominance. This is the chairmens' strongest chance to do so.

That's not based on a lets kick the huns mentality, that's an observation well into my fourth decade of todders attendance. SPL entrusted the OF the keys to the treasure chest and it worked, they both got their day in the sun a la the holy european grail - no not the CL don't be fcn stupid - albeit they couldn't seal the deal and one of them won't be asked back to Manchester in a hurry. In addition the key sponsors have had what, 4 helicopter sundays out of the last seven (I think). What more could they possibly want?

The question now is what more could we ALL want?

good post.

Justice must be done.

If not, you are handing over hard earned money to support and further the monopoly which has gripped our game for nigh on 30 years.

If you continue to follow SPL football containing a 'new' (exactly the fucking same) Rangers, next season, then you are insane, and I hold nothing but pity for your lack of gumption.

:applause:

Correct

We are sheep FUCKERS not fucking sheep!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair Points - The SPL is fucked anyway, Hearts are going to go the same way at some point, and may not survive. It has to change, something has to be done to make it more competitive,, but I don't know what that would be?

There is a lot than can be done to sort this out but no willingness to compromise within the 2 greediest clubs and their puppets at the SPL.

eg.

Rules on fincancial fair play

Return to a split of gate reciepts

Proper distribution of the league income

etc

Incidentally I have blogged on this very topic this week, there's a wee linkie below ;-)

To me it would the final thing to put me off professional for football for good. The interest has dwindled year on year in what you see the top level game becoming, to the point I don't have a great deal of interest beyond Aberdeen FC and the SPL.

Even though the SPL is already a shambles that 10 clubs a season pretty much start out competing, at best, for third place in the league.

I'll make do with adopting a Highland League team or summit...

Was unfortunate enough to be driving and overheard the John Beattie discussion just before 1.

Three points:

I've no idea who the bint was, the "media expert" who said "Without Rangers and Celtic the SPL is a media disaster." Love, when you're told the BBC's secret agenda before the show you're not supposed to shout it out during the show!

Well done to the soft spoken guy in the background (was it Liam Mcleod?) who was trying to inject a modicum of at least debate.

The dandy that texted in. For the pure enjoyment of the rest of you Media whore had just spouted the BBC's secret agenda for the tenth time and that the Celtic fans had only celebrated for 6 minutes before THEIR reality kicked in. John Beattie (who I get the feeling is no OF lover) then selected and read out the text "Celtic fans celebrated for 6 mins but here in Aberdeen we're still bouncing" Sir, you are a legend.

More than anything else, this is a chance for the Dons to become the driving force in Scottish football, we need to start hammering the nails into the Rangers coffin, this is east versus west, good versus evil, honesty versus corruption.

I've said for ages that Sportsound is an OF propaganda machine and should be taken off air.

I think we actually need to start getting together with other fans from the SPL and do something together, at the same time, at every football match accross the land. I've had a look at a few other forums, and there does seem to be a consensus. everyone here so far has voted for Rangers to go down if the shit hits there fan.

who is good at making Facebook pages? Some one should make an unbiased page with no real reference to Aberdeen ahead of any other SPL team, representing Scottish fans and stating that action (fuck knows what) will be take by the fans.

Is that a good idea?