Barry Robson

Shall we just go with Barry Robson until the end of the season and hope that will give our esteemed board and DOF enough time to source a decent manager? 
No one really has Jim Goodwin or Jack Ross as a top choice as Dons boss so we might well be better waiting a small while until we come up with a better candidate.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Shall we just go with Barry Robson until the end of the season and hope that will give our esteemed board and DOF enough time to source a decent manager? 
No one really has Jim Goodwin or Jack Ross as a top choice as Dons boss so we might well be better waiting a small while until we come up with a better candidate.

You know folk on here don't run the club, right?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

You should just stop posting here. You have the same attitude as the huns min.... thats you on ignore now hun.

I don’t think Robson is the answer tbf.

Whilst Goodwin doesn’t set the heather alight, i’m not sure we have any outstanding candidates, or big exciting names chapping the door down to be the next Messiah.

In context, he’s probably the best of what’s available.

I’d love us to push the boat out, and get a big name manager in, but I really don’t think any will have applied in the first place.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

It's a yes from me. Keep Robbo, I like his attitude, and if he wants to be a manager then he can't keep hanging about forever, he's no that young anymore. Although....I will say that going by Goodwin's wikipedia page, which I just checked for the first time last night, that he's got some cojones on him as well, which was appreciated by St Mirren fans when he was a player apparently.  That's a positive tick. But I say keep Robbo....we can always go back for Goodwin later.

3 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

It's a yes from me. Keep Robbo, I like his attitude, and if he wants to be a manager then he can't keep hanging about forever, he's no that young anymore. Although....I will say that going by Goodwin's wikipedia page, which I just checked for the first time last night, that he's got some cojones on him as well, which was appreciated by St Mirren fans when he was a player apparently.  That's a positive tick. But I say keep Robbo....we can always go back for Goodwin later.

As a player he was a very annoying cunt & consistently so. Also very reliable.

He took that into management/training & I wanted him ahead of Glass in for sure. 
will settle for him but hope we hold out for better, or at least to see who comes available/shows interest.

Unless Cormack's appointing Robson manager I'm not happy to give him the rest of the season, for a couple of reasons. 

1. He's not a manager. He has less managerial experience than Glass. That's a huge risk for the club to take, given both our position in the league and recent results. I don't want to spend the next dozen matches finding out we've replaced one inept rookie with a temporary inept rookie, and see the club circling the drain with a squad of demoralised, couldn't give a fuck players expected to bail us out. 

2. We need any new manager to come in and see our players in actual matches when there's real pressure on them, not in a few friendly kick-abouts or training matches after the season concludes. The new guy needs to come in pronto. 

It wasn't a surprise that Glass got the dunt... he's shit. I would expect any competent club to have been drawing up a discrete list of candidates while Glass' season melted down, so it's not like the club should be scrambling around looking for some random to come in, they should already have a good idea of who they want to approach... so a replacement shouldn't take until the end of the season anyway.  

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Unless Cormack's appointing Robson manager I'm not happy to give him the rest of the season, for a couple of reasons. 

1. He's not a manager. He has less managerial experience than Glass. That's a huge risk for the club to take, given both our position in the league and recent results. I don't want to spend the next dozen matches finding out we've replaced one inept rookie with a temporary inept rookie, and see the club circling the drain with a squad of demoralised, couldn't give a fuck players expected to bail us out. 

2. We need any new manager to come in and see our players in actual matches when there's real pressure on them, not in a few friendly kick-abouts or training matches after the season concludes. The new guy needs to come in pronto. 

It wasn't a surprise that Glass got the dunt... he's shit. I would expect any competent club to have been drawing up a discrete list of candidates while Glass' season melted down, so it's not like the club should be scrambling around looking for some random to come in, they should already have a good idea of who they want to approach... so a replacement shouldn't take until the end of the season anyway.  

Some good points in there right enough....

• 1 year later...

5 wins from 7 with a team that has lost 6-0 to Hibs, 5-0 to Hearts and 4-0 to Dundee Utd this season. Proves that Goodwin was totally out of his depth, but also that Robson deserves a lot of credit. He would certainly be getting a lot more plaudits if his name was Wilder or Clarke.