Shay Logan

Some explanation needed here, min...

My wife is coloured - coloured is a ethnic (correction) group in South Afrca (Khoi San from South Africa & legacy Indonesian, Malaysia, Indian, etc) - I observe that they can be a wee bit racist here in South Africa

The comments from Brendan Rodgers are an embarrassment for a club who like to claim that they are a force for good in race relations.

You can fly as many Palestinian flags as you want but your manager has given the green light to the racist element to continue their nonsense.

You've got precious form for this sort of shite manboobs.

Not sure why you bother doing it because you just come across as a complete prick giving it the "I don't understand" pish.

Not at all V, just genuinely wondering why it's ok to call people vermin, scum, paedos etc but racial abuse is a no no. Not sticking up for Celtic fans btw, a bigger bunch of hypocrites you'll never meet, just pondering.

Not at all V, just genuinely wondering why it's ok to call people vermin, scum, paedos etc but racial abuse is a no no. Not sticking up for Celtic fans btw, a bigger bunch of hypocrites you'll never meet, just pondering.

Think about the historical context.

At no time in history have millions of fat people (for example) been enslaved, raped, displaced, sold as property and systematically dehumanised.

Of course many injustices continue to this modern day as well like American police shooting black people dead with absolutely no justification and then merely being mildly reprimanded by their senior officers.

The historical and social context is important and can't be ignored just because some might chose to discard it's relevance (as white supremacists will do).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The comments from Brendan Rodgers are an embarrassment for a club who like to claim that they are a force for good in race relations.

You can fly as many Palestinian flags as you want but your manager has given the green light to the racist element to continue their nonsense.

What's he said? I can't bring myself to Google Celtic news.

What's he said? I can't bring myself to Google Celtic news.

Just that Logan brings it on himself.

So it's ok to racially abuse someone if they are winding you up first.

Then goes on to say Celtic fans are great blah blah ignoring the fact the sing IRA songs and wave political flags around at every game.

Show Racism the Red Card has criticised Rodgers for seeming to say Logan was at fault for the alleged slurs and called for a full investigation into the claims from the governing bodies.

The charity said: “We fully support Shay Logan and will be asking the SFA and SPFL to investigate any claims of racism by Celtic supporters towards him.

“We also reject any allegations that Shay Logan ‘brought it upon himself’.

“There is NO excuse for racism and I am sure Celtic fans would be behind our zero tolerance approach to racism.”

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/show-racism-the-red-card-hits-out-at-celtics-rodgers-over-response-to-aberdeen-star-logans-claims/

Guest the shepherd

Can't deny his passion. Let's hope he backs it up when it really matters.

He certainly did against the venom on the last day of the season. They really are a horrible and poisonous club.

Guest the shepherd

The old, "Look what YOU made ME do" defence.

The warcry of wife-beaters and child abusers everywhere.

Aye yer spot on min. Remember this is the same a club that has protected proven sex offender Jim Torbett for over 40 years yet play the holier than thou card at any chosen given opportunity to try portray that are a law-abiding, nobody-is-better-than-us family club.

Show Racism the Red Card has criticised Rodgers for seeming to say Logan was at fault for the alleged slurs and called for a full investigation into the claims from the governing bodies.

The charity said: “We fully support Shay Logan and will be asking the SFA and SPFL to investigate any claims of racism by Celtic supporters towards him.

“We also reject any allegations that Shay Logan ‘brought it upon himself’.

“There is NO excuse for racism and I am sure Celtic fans would be behind our zero tolerance approach to racism.”

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/show-racism-the-red-card-hits-out-at-celtics-rodgers-over-response-to-aberdeen-star-logans-claims/

That will be the windows of the charity panned in very soon.

So you can abuse people about things about themselves they can change? How they dress etc?

You can abuse who you like, how you like, just be prepared for the consequences of being a cunt and/or breaking the law. On here we’ve all been insulted one way or another, but the point in question is the fact racist abuse is illegal along with many other kinds......ye fat prick ;)

You can abuse who you like, how you like, just be prepared for the consequences of being a cunt and/or breaking the law. On here we’ve all been insulted one way or another, but the point in question is the fact racist abuse is illegal along with many other kinds......ye fat prick ;)

The walking carpet is correct. Freedom of speech doesn't mean "acting like a dick is ok".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fuck Celtic. I genuinely hate them more than any other side in the world, including the dead huns. At least the huns knew they were scum, this "We're the best fans in the world and we couldn't possible do any wrong" mentality, the constant bleeting about how great the atmosphere and the "Celtic Family" makes me sick in my mouth.

I hope they get pumped out of Europe at the first hurdle.

Fuck Celtic. I genuinely hate them more than any other side in the world, including the dead huns. At least the huns knew they were scum, this "We're the best fans in the world and we couldn't possible do any wrong" mentality, the constant bleeting about how great the atmosphere and the "Celtic Family" makes me sick in my mouth.

I hope they get pumped out of Europe at the first hurdle.

I also agree with Bobby Ball, even without his moustache.

The racism accusations and Rodgers making an arse of himself have fairly sent Celtic fans on twitter into meltdown... Now crawling through logans tweets from 2011 when he is winding up Niall McGinn to prove he has an anti celtic agenda

Celtic fans are the most defensive, paranoid, "who us?" wallopers on Twitter

If one or many of our fans are acting the cunt I will call it as it is. The way they close ranks and put halos above all their heids is freakish.

Huns are almost as bad these days but they still seem a bit more open about their cuntyness

How long before Celtic invite the wee Thai cave cunts to a game at Celtic Park ?

:laughing:

Their clubs PR does tend to flaunt their good deeds, which hollows them out somewhat.

We do good things too, but for their own sake, rather than for reflected kudos.

Eg, remember a couple of years ago, there was a ship stranded in Aberdeen with 15 indian crew members? Those guys got a tour of pittodrie etc but this gesture was not exploited by us in the same way.

Celtic fans are the most defensive, paranoid, "who us?" wallopers on Twitter

If one or many of our fans are acting the cunt I will call it as it is. The way they close ranks and put halos above all their heids is freakish.

Huns are almost as bad these days but they still seem a bit more open about their cuntyness

They won't accept any information that conflicts with their view that they are "the best fans in the world" courtesy of some award Uefa gave them after Seville.

This includes any evidence that they may have undesirable elements within their support as most clubs have.

They won't accept any information that conflicts with their view that they are "the best fans in the world" courtesy of some award Uefa gave them after Seville.

This includes any evidence that they may have undesirable elements within their support as most clubs have.

Plenty of evidence being offered to show their bigoted and racist past, but, as you say, they close ranks and deflect.