Sevco 1 - 2 Aberdeen

There is some weird mental block when it comes to playing the arse checks.

Need to get a physiologist in to treat to players, or brainwash them into thinking they are in fact beatable.

0-0

I have always said that it is mentally that let our players down.

Aberdeen have the players to win against the Ugly sisters but they need a different mind set.

Was clearly shown against Celtic when they went 3 down.

You could see the difference in their mind set especially Hayes who changed in an instant.

We need that straight from the start of every game.

There is some weird mental block when it comes to playing the arse checks.

Need to get a physiologist in to treat to players, or brainwash them into thinking they are in fact beatable.

0-0

There's nae really. We've beaten Celtic in 1/4 of the games we've played them. Considering they've 10x the budget we have we're nae doing all that badly. Especially considering they've beaten everyone domestically this season and drawn only 4 times.

McInnes made an arse of the first game and the 3-0 was just... Fuck knows what that was.

There's nae really. We've beaten Celtic in 1/4 of the games we've played them. Considering they've 10x the budget we have we're nae doing all that badly. Especially considering they've beaten everyone domestically this season and drawn only 4 times.

McInnes made an arse of the first game and the 3-0 was just... Fuck knows what that was.

Dunno like. 5 defeats out of 5 doesn't feel like beating Celtic 1/4 of the time.

exactly

in the time mcinnes has been with us, celtic have spent £23m on player fees alone with us only paying c£200k for McLean

when you put it like that, coming 2nd in each competition isn't exactly failing is it?

I didn't realise the tims had spent that much since McInnes arrived, it puts this league in to perspective when you see it like that.

On another note does anyone know how many games our players have played this season, some of them must be above 50 with Europe, both cup runs and the league.

It always makes me laugh when you get twats like Mourinho moaning about the amount of games they have to play when they've probably got three starting 11s to pick from.

Our best performance against celtic this season came after we were 3 goals down and the game was finished as a contest.

Get a psychologist in to tell them they don't stand a chance and they'll play great. Actually, might not need the psychologist.

exactly

in the time mcinnes has been with us, celtic have spent £23m on player fees alone with us only paying c£200k for McLean

when you put it like that, coming 2nd in each competition isn't exactly failing is it?

It's really nae. Especially considering we've won something in that time.

Celtic's total spend in full seasons since McInnes came in would be around £183m

Ours in the same 4 seasons would be in the region of £26.65m

The time to play a different team (i.e. starts for Wright, Ross, Storey, Campbell and Alexander is against Partick)

I'd agree with this in general (wholesale changes) but do feel Wright should be given a chance at Ibrox given Hayes absence.

Losing is losing, but it’s the manner in which we lose to Celtic that bothers me. I can take a defeat from a team who is far superior in quality and finances, but other teams have produced much better displays against Celtic than we have of late. The cup final was an utter disaster and there aren’t many teams who have put in such a poor performance. If players cant raise their game for a cup final, something is amiss. That said, we now have an opportunity to rectify that, but Fridays 10 minute debacle doesn’t instil me with confidence.

As for the huns game, put out the best XI at our disposal and beat the cunts. If we lose at Ibrox again and then in the final, the season will feel like a bust. Beating the huns isn’t the be all and end all of everything, but it helps to get results in Glasgow and a win would IMO give the players a lift going into the final.

• Upvote 1

Given mcinnes comments about rotating the squad and avoiding injuries, I'm now worried about this. We don't have a big squad to be able to do this without significant weakening of the team.

It's a bloody long way to go to watch a team of kids plus stokley storey etc.

The Sun take on the game:

Aberdeen will be aiming to smash their Ibrox hoodoo against Rangers on Wednesday which now stands at NO wins in 26 years and 43 games, having travelled a staggering 12,900 miles.

But........ we have only played them 3 times in their short history. Only once at Ibrox.

Given mcinnes comments about rotating the squad and avoiding injuries, I'm now worried about this. We don't have a big squad to be able to do this without significant weakening of the team.

It's a bloody long way to go to watch a team of kids plus stokley storey etc.

I'd be amazed if he put anything other than his strongest team out despite what he said in the aftermath of the Celtic game. There may be nothing tangible at stake but a win down there would give the players and fans a lift before the SCF.