Motherwell 0 - 2 Aberdeen

I'm surprised (not really) none of the guys who'll need to play in the semi final are getting any significant game time beforehand.

However tonight was a good result, especially with Hibs winning as well.

Arnason has been getting about every other game and Ball a part of every game. Other than that no one really - Reynolds getting 30 mins on saturday was a worry

Id favour playing Ball and OConnor in midfield at the moment as a solid base to give Stewart, Christie, May and GMS/McGinn the chance to go and commit players with less defensive responsibility

Who plays RB though if you go with that midfield though?

Personally I'd put one of Ball or O'Connor at RB and play the other with Nwakali in CM.

AOC has played so many games in centre mid this season that Id put him a stick on to be in there when we are missing our first two centre mids

I agree. I think Ball is the firm favourite to play at RB in the semi. No idea knows what he's like there but when we signed him I'm sure it was mentioned he could play at full back. He's right footed and a defender so he's basically the best option we've got (as long as we don't play the dreaded 3 at the back).

Just back. Though we were better team in the first half without causing them too much bother. Seemed to go to pieces second half when the rain started but apart from one spilled shot from Joe they never really bothered us. Nice to see Kari on the scoresheet again. Thought he looked solid tonight, apart from when Shinnie belted into him. How about McKenna's bit of trickery in the corner near the end? Not short in confidence, is he? Thought Wright looked lively although I suppose you'd be expecting him trying to make the most of every rare opportunity he gets.