If it was your choice

Your pick  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want? Not who you think we’ll settle for but who you want

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Did you lift that list straight from the Daylate Record...? It needs some more names added ffs

Just a list from top off head that I have read linked or potentially linked. 
Of course there  will be many more but that is what the ‘other’ option is for ?

For me, King Kjetil is by far the most outstanding candidate that has been mentioned anywhere & I really do hope the club take a serious look at him & sound him out. 

Goodwin is probably my choice of the (barrel scrape fk it he’ll do then)

1 minute ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Goodwin is a realistic potential Aberdeen manager. Knutsen isn't. He will have much better clubs than Aberdeen after him.

Maybe so but we are a club searching now & able to give him bigger budget than he has now. We could in fact be the best offer he gets for moment. 
I think this is the perfect (& realistic) time to try & persuade him. 
Cormack needs to go balls out & bring in the new Fergie. ? Let’s see now that the stupid Glass failed cheapie experiment has blown up in his face. Maybe he will take this second chance more seriously & put his damn ego aside

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 year deal. That way if he is indeed as good as he appears, then he will prove so pretty quick & if he gets poached from us we should get well compensated. 

This is the time to take the plunge. 
Only exciting candidate I have seen mentioned really. All others are boring box ticking lazy role fillers with no ambition 

34 minutes ago, super_al said:

We are back to the usual list of uninspiring managers.

? you didn’t want Glass gone & EVERY SINGLE ONE on that list is more inspiring than him.

Including ‘other’ regardless of which ‘other’

Don’t ? he’s gone. 

He was once TOP of that ‘uninspiring’ list ?

18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

? you didn’t want Glass gone & EVERY SINGLE ONE on that list is more inspiring than him.

Including ‘other’ regardless of which ‘other’

Don’t ? he’s gone. 

He was once TOP of that ‘uninspiring’ list ?

Its boring as heck. None of the managers we have been linked with are better than Derek McInnis and that was the aim.

I find it amazing that people say Knutsen wouldn’t come to Aberdeen. He is still at Bodo as no one has taken a chance on him yet. Let’s be serious and make a move to get him. This guy has something about him. I read somewhere they averaged 3 goals a game during a season. 
This is the type of manager Aberdeen need. Someone who will unite the fans…someone a hell of a lot more exciting than the usual names that get branded about. I think this guy can offer our league a bright and fresh challenge. He should be our number 1 target. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Its all relative though. A bigger budget than he has in Norway isn't going to get him anywhere near Rangers & Celtic budget. Why would he leave a side like that to go to Aberdeen... not a chance

Someone said last night they thought he'd go to Germany. Well maybe.....but if he does it won't be to one of their big sides, it'll be the likes of Greuther Fuerth, Arminia Bielefeld or if he's lucky, the heady heights of Vfl Bochum. So why would he go to one of them rather than stay where he is? 

More cash in his hipper......

Now between him and his agent, he might have a job lined up elsewhere, but as things stand all we know is that he's out of contract very soon and he hasn't publicised any future destination as yet. So if we contacted him and made him an offer, what's the worst that could happen? He could only say thanks but no thanks. 

51 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Having Knutsen on the poll, has kind of rendered it invalid 

He's clearly the outstanding candidate on that list and so the majority of people will vote for him. But he is not going to come to Aberdeen. So we'll learn nothing about Dons fans views on the actual serious contenders. 

It’s actually fucking embarrassing mentioning him.

Knutsen would be a punt, unknown to Scottish fitba. If it  worked all good.
Lennon decent manager, but it would take awhile to get on the Dons support like Mcinnes before.

Ross decent manger probably best suited as he has no club and proven record at previous clubs.

Goodwin good record, still new to the management game, if I remember correctly did good at Alloa like Ross before him, would need dosh to move him from St.Mirren, which would be best suited for the playing side.
Lambert his rating is slipping, vastly experience but losing rate more on his previous few jobs.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Someone said last night they thought he'd go to Germany. Well maybe.....but if he does it won't be to one of their big sides, it'll be the likes of Greuther Fuerth, Arminia Bielefeld or if he's lucky, the heady heights of Vfl Bochum. So why would he go to one of them rather than stay where he is? 

More cash in his hipper......

Now between him and his agent, he might have a job lined up elsewhere, but as things stand all we know is that he's out of contract very soon and he hasn't publicised any future destination as yet. So if we contacted him and made him an offer, what's the worst that could happen? He could only say thanks but no thanks. 

I dont understand the point you are making. Of course he would take moer cash in his hipper going there but he'd also be going to the Bundesliga rather than Scotland or Norway which is surely a no brainer. Do well at one of them and your next move is probably Dortmund. Do well at Aberdeen and eventually you'll hit a ceiling, get run down by the SPFL set up and end up at Kilmarnock