Where Are They Now

With hindsight it would probably have been for the best all round had he been allowed to join oldco when they came knocking. We have certainly had worse keepers than Langfield though. My only real complaint is that he was at the club so long. But countering everything is that he was also part of a team that brought us our first trophy in nearly 20 years. Every Dons player who wins us silverware should always be given the respect that comes alongside that

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

With hindsight it would probably have been for the best all round had he been allowed to join oldco when they came knocking. We have certainly had worse keepers than Langfield though. My only real complaint is that he was at the club so long. But countering everything is that he was also part of a team that brought us our first trophy in nearly 20 years. Every Dons player who wins us silverware should always be given the respect that comes alongside that

Aye Jimmy should definitely have sold him.  What was he thinking? 

Very few on here are capable of ignoring  constant abuse when directed at them all the time so not sure why we are expecting Langfield to be different. 

On the contrary, what would be someone's motivation to seek out Langfield's social media and post abuse in the first place? Just because they saw him on TV on Friday night sitting on St Mirren's bench?  Pathetic behaviour. 

And as he says, he gets it daily.  I think he is being the classy one in this instance. 

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Classy? Didn't he have a pop at the manager for not letting him go to rangers?

the only sad thing about the whole affair is that his brain injury didn't cut his career short. What might've been for the dons if they had a decent keeper.

If Jimmy Calderwood had been offered the manager job at the Huns we wouldn't have seen him for dust. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Very few on here are capable of ignoring  constant abuse when directed at them all the time so not sure why we are expecting Langfield to be different. 

On the contrary, what would be someone's motivation to seek out Langfield's social media and post abuse in the first place? Just because they saw him on TV on Friday night sitting on St Mirren's bench?  Pathetic behaviour. 

And as he says, he gets it daily.  I think he is being the classy one in this instance. 

The vast majority of the folk who abuse him wouldn’t say anything to his face. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Classy. ?

The boy is an absolute fucking mong, and 100% underlines it with a spasticated, insecure, neurotic tweet as illiustrated.

A total rocket.

That's on top of being an utterly horrific goalkeeper.

24 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Classy. ?

The boy is an absolute fucking mong, and 100% underlines it with a spasticated, insecure, neurotic tweet as illiustrated.

A total rocket.

That's on top of being an utterly horrific goalkeeper.

I never claimed Langfield was a classy guy. 

But he gets more credit in my eyes here than those that seek him out online to abuse him then have another go when he eventually reacts. 

If you disagree then that's fine by me, I'm not trying to change your mind. 

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Online abusers, we have all agreed are sick fucks but what credit is Clangfuck due for being abused?

I'm not giving him credit per se, I'm just saying he is the one being wronged here. 

It's the equivalent of poking a sleeping bear with a stick then complaining when the bear growls a wee bit back when he gets fed up. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I never claimed Langfield was a classy guy. 

But he gets more credit in my eyes here than those that seek him out online to abuse him then have another go when he eventually reacts. 

If you disagree then that's fine by me, I'm not trying to change your mind. 

Nae sweat min.

Though I am a regular Twitter user, I've not seen any of said abuse so not within my knowledge sphere.

What I do know is that the mere mention of that cunt's name raises my hackles, so when he's coming that sort of shite, then I'm gan to be annoyed.

Nae sure if you'll have noticed or not, but I'm nae really too keen on the boy...