What Ye Looking For Now Then?

Okay dokey - now that the OAPs have settled into their respective hotseats - what are your hopes and expectations for the rest of the season?

I genuinely think we are going to win one of the cups this season. Im not getting excited or anything but i just think Brown and Knox have the know-how to outsmart almost every other manager in the league, perhaps with the exception of Walter Smith. Most managers in the SPL are relatively inexperienced but these two have seen it all and seem to be able to read games and react to things whereas our previous managers seemed happy to let games develop.

In the league id be reasonably happy with 7th place - 6th is definitely achievable too but 7th would represent a massive improvement.

In the League Cup Celtic are there for the taking and Lennons cluelessness can be exploited and they arent that good anyway.

The Scottish cup is opening up too with Hearts going out and one of the Mould Firm departing too.

All good.

As we are effectively now in the final 3rd (played 19 two postponed games outstanding and St mirren left to play twice from the original fixtures)

15 pts from 11 individaul opponents

be pretty cynical to expect anything less and it is more than acheivable I beleive

Though I would like to see us in the top 6 I wouldnt be upset to not be given where we have come from. However it would be very encouraging to see signs that we are a club capable of acheiving it.

So if we can get 15 pts in the next 11 I woudl be extremly happy and bouyant. As for the cups it is opening up nicely based on the 5th round for at least a 1/4 final but cups are such a lottery who knows

Win a cup :trophy:

Last night I dreamed that we cuffed Celtic 2-0. We followed that up by going to Ibrox and winning 3-0.

Right now Celtic are beatable. We, on the other hand, are on the up.

There is every chance we can beat Celtic, and considering our recent track record that in itself is astonishing.

If we get into the final I'm almost certain we'll win it.

Hard to believe.

Last night I dreamed that we cuffed Celtic 2-0. We followed that up by going to Ibrox and winning 3-0.

Right now Celtic are beatable. We, on the other hand, are on the up.

There is every chance we can beat Celtic, and considering our recent track record that in itself is astonishing.

If we get into the final I'm almost certain we'll win it.

Hard to believe.

Jet over for it?

Anywhere between 11th & 3rd (am nae fussed) & a cup double but I'd settle for the Scottish cup.

Not that I'd not be happy with just the league cup but I'd just love it if we won the Scottish cup.

I'd like to see what sort of team Broon & Knox could build to go into Europe, or rather I'd like to see if the board would show deserved faith in them & let them bring in a couple or few very decent signings.

I not saying I think we'll achieve this goal, just that I'd like to see it & in all honesty, it's far from unachievable.

I don't expect too much to be honest.

In the league I still think making the top six might be beyond us but because of the start we had I'm not too fussed, just glad we won't be relegated now.

In the cups I don't expect us to beat Celtic in the semi and at the begining of the season if you had told me we'd get to lc semi and get knocked out by Celtic I'd have taken that to be honest.

I expect us to get past Dunfermline or Montrose in the sc, and in the quarter final stages, if we avoid a away trip to the of I'd be confident of us progressing thier too. After all if we get to the next round with one of the of out and the lsc out already we'd be 2nd favourites for the sc

If we continue with a solid run of form top six is do-able with 5th being excellent and 4th possible but almost incredible given our recent form and position. I'd love it if we won a cup but we must remember that although cups are one-off games and so whilst we can win, we can also lose. We'll know far better what is realistic when we start on a run of games against the mid-table opposition. The run against the Tims will not tell us a lot except about individual commitment unless we fold which now would surprise me... the result there is a lottery but one which we can definitely win.

I think my minimum target is either 6th or 7th in the league and no embarrassment in either cup.

Higher hopeful target is 6th and a further hampden appearance (whether final or sc semi)

Ecstatic target is 4th/5th and a cup win.

I'm prett easily pleased given just how absolutely f**king honking we have been the last 15 years and would be over the moon with anything to celebrate in real terms

To finish as high up the league as we possibly can. 4th is achievable but so is 11th, not forgetting where we have come from. Mr Brown and Mr Knox have galvanised and organised so I think we can look at catching the teams above more than worrying about the teams below. A cup win only as just getting to a final is not enough.