Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Madame Mews for late lunch today. Tremendous. Just opened on Thursday at Summer Street (between Rusticos and Union Street, next to the Pizza Express), having been in the New Market before. Still the best value quality grub. We had the Moo Dad Diaw, a Thai Green curry and the Beef (served cold) spicy salad. Thank fuck the pork arrived first because after a couple of mouthfuls of the spicy salad, I could barely taste it and needed some of the green curry to cool the palate down, and that had a nice kick in it.

Impossible to eat it all today so took the rest of the beef salad home. It is the spiciest they've ever served it and almost at the limit for me and I'm a huge fan of food that kicks your fucking head in, but only with Thai spices normally. Strongly recommend. Every dish costs around £6 or max £7 and given that they're still getting Thai customers, that kind of says it all. Ok to walk in after 2 but at busy times, phone or e-mail to book. We couldn't get in when we phoned early on Saturday as it was already fully booked. Will be a great success, a superb independent eatery.

Glad to hear they have opened up in new premises, the best Thai Restaurant in town IMO.

That Thai beef salad is the dogs bollocks, use to clear the plate, spicy sauce, lettuce leafs the lot.

13 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Fit age?

I like pretty much everything else.

Apart fae weird Asian shit. 

I got a bottle from a mate when the laddie was born, I was 36, he'd got it from Cadenheads. It was a blend but decent age and it went down a treat. Ever since then I've loved a wee drop. I'm no expert but a Highland or Lowland malt with decent age goes down a treat. If Balvenie Carribean Cask doesn't do it for you for £40 you'll probably never like it. There's a few independent bottlers you can get immense bargains from but Balvenie is your starter.

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I got a bottle from a mate when the laddie was born, I was 36, he'd got it from Cadenheads. It was a blend but decent age and it went down a treat. Ever since then I've loved a wee drop. I'm no expert but a Highland or Lowland malt with decent age goes down a treat. If Balvenie Carribean Cask doesn't do it for you for £40 you'll probably never like it. There's a few independent bottlers you can get immense bargains from but Balvenie is your starter.

My bird drinks it, speyside mainly, some are ok but I'd never drink it unless there was fuck all else. Just wondering what age I may enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, redstrummer said:

There's a fairly new Thai restaurant in Rosemount too. Haven't been in it but my mates friendly with the owner and commented that it was a bit over priced but good. Same owners have the one at Hazelhead , the old garden centre. Went there a couple of times also good 

Koh Thai - had a few takeaways. Nowt special. Nae bad. Missus likes it. 

Guest milne_afc
29 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There's only one in Dundee and it's a posh place. It seems a uniquely Aberdonian thing in Scotland. Probably all the oil counts with Thai birds.

Rama Thai?

That’s not posh. It’s bloody good though.