Out Of Contract

He is, as has been proven by our wasting of money on Gleeson, Forrester and Tansey - he is worth all three of them.

This is a great point - those three will have probably been on around 10K p/w between them.  Money just frittered away... would happily see that money being diverted into Shinnies back pocket, if it means he signs up.

We'll miss Shinnies leadership more than anything else, if he leaves. 

£6k-£7k/week is probably a go-er with the new stadium and new tv deal on the horizon. Talk of £10k/week is a complete laugh.

Many would argue a midfielder with a better delivery of assists/goals/key passes could easily be found for those wages but it would be a balls out decision to give a new signing anything like that as a first contract at the club.

£6k-£7k/week is probably a go-er with the new stadium and new tv deal on the horizon. Talk of £10k/week is a complete laugh.

Many would argue a midfielder with a better delivery of assists/goals/key passes could easily be found for those wages but it would be a balls out decision to give a new signing anything like that as a first contract at the club.

Totally agree, Tansey/Forrester never worked out so we feel inclined to stick with what we know.  We may yet see the best from Gleeson though.  Shinnie goes, Gleeson steps in and plays alongside Fergie. 

Astonished we haven't even experimented with that combo (from kick off, Gleeson came on against Hearts and Shinnie went to LB).

We've had a good run of quality in the centre of the park under DM, makes such a difference.

June 2019

Tomas Cerny

Mark Reynolds

Greg Halford

Andrew Considine

Graeme Shinnie

Sam Roscoe

Gary Mackay-Steven

Frank Ross

Max Lowe - loan return to Derby

Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham

Tommie Hoban - returned to Watford

Greg Stewart - also out of contract at Birmingham

James Wilson - also out of contract at Man Utd

June 2020

Joe Lewis

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Stephen Gleeson

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Michael Devlin

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Lewis Ferguson

Stevie May to 2021 FFS

Are they a Dutch team?

I know, it's a rubbish pun, play on words (not even going to say it's a joke) or whatever, but I felt someone needed to say something to alleviate the horror of the situation.  Like when Cardinal George Pell offers to babysit.

• Downvote 1

Been thinking about the overall squad, and it's in pretty bad shape, especially when Shinnie and GMS leave in the summer.

I'd expect we'll punt McKenna for some money too (and wouldn't be surprised to see Shaughnessey brought in on a free as replacement).

But with the amount of loans we have we're really going to have to make some quality signings to improve for next season or really put the faith in youth.

Been thinking about the overall squad, and it's in pretty bad shape, especially when Shinnie and GMS leave in the summer.

I'd expect we'll punt McKenna for some money too (and wouldn't be surprised to see Shaughnessey brought in on a free as replacement).

But with the amount of loans we have we're really going to have to make some quality signings to improve for next season or really put the faith in youth.

The club defo intends to cash in on McKenna in the summer, hope that if we do it doesn't all go to the new stadium as we need to invest money in the team.

The club defo intends to cash in on McKenna in the summer, hope that if we do it doesn't all go to the new stadium as we need to invest money in the team.

I think its a certainty that the funds for the sale of McKenna will go towards the new stadium.

Would be very sprprised if evern as much as 500k is kept back for players.

With GMS, Shinnie, McKenna all probably leaving.  That's the loss of three key first team players, all on big money.  Add to that, other big earners including; Forrester, Tansey, Wilson, Reynolds, all likely to depart, or already departed at xmas... that is a huge reduction in our wage budget. A serious amount of money is going to be available, unless we plan on downsizing...  If McInnes does intend to stay on, hopefully he is already at an advanced stage, in terms of planning for the summer recruitment.

Hopefully McInnes has more luck than the previous summer... a repeat of the summer transfer window and we're probably facing up to the bottom six next season!

Lolx2

How do you see the McKenna money being spent @@Millertime?  I reckon AllyDon won't be far off the mark!

The amount we will get is obviously a major factor

I honestly believe he has regressed and talk of 7m plus now is pie in the sky

Having said that, if we got 5m I would expect 50pc at least ploughed into the team

He's still learning the game - and he'll learn more from some of the tough times he's experienced of late.  22 year old centre halves are going to have ups & downs... it's part of the development process.

As a centre half, he's maybe 5 years, or so, away from reaching his prime.  There are clubs down south who'll believe he has all the attributes to develop into a top player - it's an investment, as well as buying a player who I certainly believe could do a great job in the championship right now.

We'll still get good money for him...

Agree with you on the return tho... I don't see us getting any cash to buy players.  Not with a new stadium to pay for...

• Upvote 1

The amount we will get is obviously a major factor

I honestly believe he has regressed and talk of 7m plus now is pie in the sky

Having said that, if we got 5m I would expect 50pc at least ploughed into the team

I absolutely concur he has regressed to the point where we ain't getting anywhere near £7million ( perhaps if he spent less time suspended his form might return).

However if you seriously think that if we got £5million that DM would get half to invest in the team then you're either on the wind up or batshit crazy. He would get a million at most and I think that would be to buy one player at around the £300k mark whilst continuing our policy of signing free transfers. The rest would go on making the wages we pay at the top end a bit more attractive...possibly trying to tempt Lewis into extending his contract for example.

Every penny above that million would be going straight into paying for the stadium. And it's absolutely the correct thing to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't expect us to use a significant chunk of any fee for McKenna on players. I'd hope the vast, vast majority would go towards the stadium fund. This will mean that our playing budget in future years suffers less due to the stadium project.

McKenna's value is plummeting every home game we play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I absolutely concur he has regressed to the point where we ain't getting anywhere near £7million ( perhaps if he spent less time suspended his form might return).

However if you seriously think that if we got £5million that DM would get half to invest in the team then you're either on the wind up or batshit crazy. He would get a million at most and I think that would be to buy one player at around the £300k mark whilst continuing our policy of signing free transfers. The rest would go on making the wages we pay at the top end a bit more attractive...possibly trying to tempt Lewis into extending his contract for example.

Every penny above that million would be going straight into paying for the stadium. And it's absolutely the correct thing to do.

I'd go with the batshit crazy.

50% :hysterical:

• Upvote 1