#91 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

The question was why he was cited - eye contact is an automatic citation.

They've adjudicated in his favour. Which is good news for Scotland, but the reason was the reason.

Have you seen the video of the tunnel incident? Looked like Farrell was being a twat

I have a bad feeling about next Saturday, our away form is shite and Ireland are the best side in it this year.

#92 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

The only thing rugby is better than football at is occupying posh folk and accommodating women.
Probably the worst sport in the world. When does this shit finish?

+1

Posh boys game

#93 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:57 AM

+1
Posh boys game

I think you will find that’s not true, a lot of the posh guffs get hacked off because the lesser classes are attending games. If anything it’s football that become more middle class.

#94 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

I think you will find thats not true, a lot of the posh guffs get hacked off because the lesser classes are attending games. If anything its football that become more middle class.

Every person I've ever met who likes rugby seems to be the popped collar, boat shoe wearing type.

Maybe I've just been unlucky.

Its still shite however.

#95 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

Every person I've ever met who likes rugby seems to be the popped collar, boat shoe wearing type.

Maybe I've just been unlucky.

Its still shite however.

Go to thomond park in limerick.
Not a popped collar in sight.

#96 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,179 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

Full of fucking Irish though

;)

#97 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,124 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

I see the famous rugby atmosphere was a bit less jolly at Manchester train station.

#98 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

I get in Ireland and other countries it's not a upper class sport.

It seems that way here in Scotland though imo. I get the feeling they look down on most football fans. "Wouldn't happen at the rugby"

#99 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

Each to their own though. I enjoy the NBA basketball and I'm sure plemty folk think thats bent :)

#100 ONLINE   manboobs109

manboobs109

Tiny cock, big heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,167 posts
  • Joined 22-December 13

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

I see the famous rugby atmosphere was a bit less jolly at Manchester train station.
http://www.independe...t-a8234191.html

Boy canna handle a bit cheeky banter

#101 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,924 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

It seems that way here in Scotland though imo. I get the feeling they look down on most football fans. "Wouldn't happen at the rugby"

That's because it is that way.  It's a total turn off if you're from Scotland.

I enjoy the game, but have no interest in the Scottish national team.  However, it's certainly not an upper/middle sport in the southern hemisphere!  Super Rugby, out here, is much more accessible.  Before they were disbanded, I used to watch the Western Force whenever I could... was brilliant getting to watch the Kiwi province teams at close quarters.  Some of the shapes you'd get in the crowd - particularly the Kiwis!  :hypno:  :hysterical:

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#102 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:12 AM

I enjoy the game, but have no interest in the Scottish national team.  However, it's certainly not an upper/middle sport in the southern hemisphere!  Super Rugby, out here, is much more accessible.  Before they were disbanded, I used to watch the Western Force whenever I could... was brilliant getting to watch the Kiwi province teams at close quarters.  Some of the shapes you'd get in the crowd - particularly the Kiwis!  :hypno:  :hysterical:

quite possibly your worst and most ill informed post ever. 

#103 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Full of fucking Irish though

;)

Well yes, but a night out in Limerick after a Munster European cup win is great.

#104 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

If that is your way of looking at it - I hate it cos they like it - it's only going to be them that gets it.

#105 ONLINE   redstrummer

redstrummer

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:12 PM

I know plenty working / middle class folk that support the team and go to every home match . Very much support the team myself always have done although from the couch . There may well be a high percentage of hoo ray Henrys supporting the team but certainly wouldn't tar all with that brush 

#106 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

If that is your way of looking at it - I hate it cos they like it - it's only going to be them that gets it.

Not really. Simply don't like it and I've tried watching it a couple of times.

I'm only giving an opinion of the folk who I've come across who seem to like it. As previously mentioned I've possibly been unlucky

Each to their own. Be a hoora boring world if everyone liked the same things :)

#107 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

Have you seen the video of the tunnel incident? Looked like Farrell was being a twat

I have a bad feeling about next Saturday, our away form is shite and Ireland are the best side in it this year.

The citing was for the in game incident no?

I hate Farrell, and have it on good authority he's ot well liked by the other home nations (and I assume France/iTaly etc)  but is widely respected as a player.

I hope we win, I think we'll lose, I have an acquaintance who plays for Ireland, so it's doubly bad for me if we do. 

Again. (I'm used to the ribbing by now tbh)

#108 OFFLINE   The Oxford Don

The Oxford Don

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts
  • Joined 17-January 06

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

The citing was for the in game incident no?

I hate Farrell, and have it on good authority he's ot well liked by the other home nations (and I assume France/iTaly etc)  but is widely respected as a player.

I hope we win, I think we'll lose, I have an acquaintance who plays for Ireland, so it's doubly bad for me if we do. 

Again. (I'm used to the ribbing by now tbh)

Cool - who's your pal? Ireland are a right good team at the moment it must be said, I think Scotland will need to step it up even from the England performance if we're to take anything from Dublin. 

Farrell isn't even especially well-liked within the England camp, apparently, there was something about this in the Times earlier this week. If you watch back Scotland's first try on Saturday, the dirty bastard tries to nail Finn Russell off the ball long after Russell got away the grubber-kick which led to Jones scoring. Which is also why (and the camera just about caught this) Finn tousled Farrell's hair as he ran past him to celebrate with his teammates  :laughing:

Farrell is a wonderful rugby player and a twat, basically. That seems to be the consensus view. It's why he's not being spoken about as a potential England captain even though he would be a logical choice as Dylan Hartley's tenure as captain seems to be coming to an end. 

#109 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

Cool - who's your pal? Ireland are a right good team at the moment it must be said, I think Scotland will need to step it up even from the England performance if we're to take anything from Dublin. 

Farrell isn't even especially well-liked within the England camp, apparently, there was something about this in the Times earlier this week. If you watch back Scotland's first try on Saturday, the dirty bastard tries to nail Finn Russell off the ball long after Russell got away the grubber-kick which led to Jones scoring. Which is also why (and the camera just about caught this) Finn tousled Farrell's hair as he ran past him to celebrate with his teammates  :laughing:

Farrell is a wonderful rugby player and a twat, basically. That seems to be the consensus view. It's why he's not being spoken about as a potential England captain even though he would be a logical choice as Dylan Hartley's tenure as captain seems to be coming to an end. 

My pal is Martin
His pal and my acquaintance is the scrum half
Handsome bar steward he is

Always get it on FB off him when he beats us.
Good lad tho

#110 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

And I'm getting rinsed

#111 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Ireland are the best team in it IMO but we wasted our chances yesterday.

If Ireland beat England next week, it could be shoogly peg time for Eddie Jones.

#112 OFFLINE   The Oxford Don

The Oxford Don

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts
  • Joined 17-January 06

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Ireland are the best team in it IMO but we wasted our chances yesterday.
If Ireland beat England next week, it could be shoogly peg time for Eddie Jones.

Very frustrating game, we were much the better team in the first half but butchered several clear try-scoring opportunities, whilst also gifting Ireland their opening try with that ridiculous flat floated pass which Stockdale read a mile away.

Ireland for the slam next week, barring a freeze. England have regressed so much in this tournament that it’s in danger of taking some of the shine off our win a fortnight ago.

#113 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,066 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

Very frustrating game, we were much the better team in the first half but butchered several clear try-scoring opportunities, whilst also gifting Ireland their opening try with that ridiculous flat floated pass which Stockdale read a mile away.

Yes were it not for the gift wrapped opener and our inability to hang onto (at least 2) final passes which would have likely led to a score, it would have been much closer / interesting.

Think we got a bit carried away with our adventurous fast and wide passing.  The Harlem Globe Trotters would have struggled to catch some of those passes, the height they were at.

Still, I expect to beat the eyeties and so finish a respectable and encouraging campaign with a record of mostly wins.

"When you're the only sane person, you look like the only insane person." 

- Criss Jami, "Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality"

#114 OFFLINE   OddJob

OddJob

Goldfinger's main man

• Moderators
  • 10,005 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

Yeah the criminal attempted pass that led to the Oirish first try was unreal. We are definitely still in the game for long periods but as you say we shot ourselves in the foot and also that cunt Sexton had to find his kicking boots unlike the previous Wales game

Agreed we should beat Italy but I certainly wouldn’t bey mortgage on it tho

#115 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

Christ Scotland
Wtf we playing at

#116 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

Sub par performance today but good character to grind out a win against a very good Italy performance.

#117 ONLINE   Oregon Red

Oregon Red

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 23-December 13

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

Watching the England , Ireland game..no idea why its on over here.

Havent watched the egg chaseing for decades...is it me or are the modern players far bigger and very much slower than in the past?

Its bloody boring

#118 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

Watching the England , Ireland game..no idea why its on over here.
Havent watched the egg chaseing for decades...is it me or are the modern players far bigger and very much slower than in the past?
Its bloody boring

Bigger yes, slower - I very much doubt it.

It wasn’t a very exciting match but Ireland were very good.

#119 ONLINE   Oregon Red

Oregon Red

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 23-December 13

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

Bigger yes, slower - I very much doubt it.

It wasn’t a very exciting match but Ireland were very good.

They look a lot slower especially the English.

Ah so its delayed..watching now..for background noise

#120 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,124 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

https://www.thescott...pes-f-the-pope/

Famously jovial rugby atmos there.

43814384c7fd8f76b0ce0914a16ba7f052f0e4_t