Wimbledon Tennis

Yeah there's a definite arrogance about him but I suppose when you're that good it can maybe be understood. That bloody embroided jacket he wears tho wtf ha ha

Without a doubt the greatest ever player in the modern era and although Cilic will be a big test can't see past an 8th Wimbledon title

Seen as a gent by many, but he comes across as smug and arrogant. Little class. Even the gluten free man comes across better

Whos the gluten free man?

I think he's always been quite dismissive of Murray or at best, credits him through gritted teeth. Great player but that's what annoys me about him.

Has he? Never actually thought that tbh

The debate about the women getting paid the same as men because the men are much stronger, well that Spanish bird is giving that coloured lad a right good hiding.

The 1st set was actually really good and then fuck knows what happened in the 2nd set she lost her composure

Has he? Never actually thought that tbh

Back in Murray's early days before he had won jackshit, every interview Federer got during wimbledon was full of questions about Murray. That got on his tits at the time. It's maybe just the way he sounded with the English press and who can blame him.

Back in Murray's early days before he had won jackshit, every interview Federer got during wimbledon was full of questions about Murray. That got on his tits at the time. It's maybe just the way he sounded with the English press and who can blame him.

Ah ok never realised. To be fair would be annoying like, just like it was when Henman was playing

Currently watching the Men's Wheelchair Doubles final, just brilliant

I don't like the way he comes across but what a fantastic player.

Aye something changed around 2007 for me, can't stand him but ace player

When he started having to share the limelight with guys like Nadal and Djokovic, it definitely put his nose out of joint.

He is treated like royalty wherever he goes, and he certainly laps it up. At the Australian Open, I've seen him play a few times, and they always play this ridiculous Federer montage as he's arriving on court. It's like something out of zoolander... no other player receives that sort of fawning at Melbourne Park - even Novak Djokovic, their greatest champion of modern time!

Tennis needs to make a few changes to the structure of the ATP tour IMO.

Interesting that Federers resurgence has coincided with him taking a step back and only playing selected tournaments. He's won 2 out 3 majors this season. He didn't enter the French Open this season. So that's 2 from 2 majors that he's entered. However, he only moves up to 3rd in the world rankings tomorrow!

The top guys who are playing heaps of tournaments, Djokovic, Murray & Wawrinka have all been plagued by injuries over the past 6 months or so... Cilic, who has played 23 tournaments this season alone, was clearly battling a foot injury which ruined the final. To make it world number one, Murray had to go on an outrageous 6 months run of form, where he basically played (and won) almost every tournament available. After xmas he was fucked... contracted shingles, and was struggling with elbow and hip problems.

Federer was struggling too, before he figured things out... would not surprise me to see other players following suit and picking and choosing tournaments. Which would make the rankings a total farce (some would say they already are!). You make end up with a scenario where the top 4 seeds are in a false position and unable to compete, due to being completely burnt out!

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...