Darts

9 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Been to a few darts competitions through the years and it seems to be getting worse as the price of drink goes up.

A lot of people now get tanked up before they go and @ around £7-£7.50 a pop for a pint who blames them.

I reckon most of them are twats even before they get pished. Looks like a room full of In-ger-lund pavement dancers having a day off from the fitba.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Right bunch of twats that go to the darts. I love my darts but i wouldn't want to sit in amongst that lot.

I used to love going, the Premier League for as good as it was is the main reason why the crowds are full of utter cunts, so many folk there that don't care about the darts and just want to be there for a carry on.

Also been to the worlds a couple of times, pay extra for the VIP so you're in amongst better people but watching it this year the general crowd is fucking appalling, singing the same shite songs.

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

I used to love going, the Premier League for as good as it was is the main reason why the crowds are full of utter cunts, so many folk there that don't care about the darts and just want to be there for a carry on.

Also been to the worlds a couple of times, pay extra for the VIP so you're in amongst better people but watching it this year the general crowd is fucking appalling, singing the same shite songs.

That hi hi-lo lo song (or whatever it is) does my head in.

57 minutes ago, minijc said:

Went to the VIP in Aberdeen and the player that should have been there was Bristow but he died and Bobby George took his place.

Meal was not that great and free drink never lasted too long

But seats up against the walk on was ok and not so much fights.

6 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Went to the VIP in Aberdeen and the player that should have been there was Bristow but he died and Bobby George took his place.

Meal was not that great and free drink never lasted too long

But seats up against the walk on was ok and not so much fights.

Darts tournaments are a totally different animal these days. (assuming you're talking about 30 years ago?)

Edit. Just seen you said Bristow died.

12 minutes ago, caledonia said:

No premier league a few years back

Wasn't the premier league if Bobby George was playing? That's only the top 10 players (top 8 this year). Bobby George or Bristow won't have been in the top 10 since the 90s.

Edit. Just checked, Bobby George has never played in the Premier League. Unless he was doing a guest warmup appearance.

8 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Wasn't the premier league if Bobby George was playing? That's only the top 10 players (top 8 this year). Bobby George or Bristow won't have been in the top 10 since the 90s.

Edit. Just checked, Bobby George has never played in the Premier League. Unless he was doing a guest warmup appearance.

Christ, in the VIP section before the actual matches they have a 'legend' that talks and plays some legs against people.

2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

No he played us as a guest VIP 

remember him moaning about getting to Aberdeen re the cost.

He said the cunt (Bristow)was costing him a fortune even after he was dead.

A54-C2215-6-D79-4-DB0-BB3-B-D4-C1-DFE112

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Time this event was held somewhere other than England. Their fans are making it just about unwatchable with their sideshow.

How is it that snooker/darts/football and a host of other sports seem to be strangled and controlled by the english wankers?

I've started muting the sound when they start that yaya kolo song for the 100th time. Absolute retards.

25 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Real mind numbing stuff.

The english do not deserve to host sporting events and others should get a fair chance.

Same with football because we continue to bend the knee and not support independence we will keep just getting the English crumbs.

why can’t they have the worlds in the other nations they manage it with the open golf when its going the other way.

• Dildo 1
15 hours ago, Roberto said:

Was a weird reaction. Unfortunately way the world is going, it'll cause offence.

Want Clayton to win the whole thing. He's class to watch with some of the shots he goes for.

Odd response, yes. I don't think context is taken into account these days. Playing in a high pressure environment I'm fairly sure he didn't intentionally do that to insult anyone. Seems a decent family guy behind the scenes.

Watching this Soutar match. Clemens getting booed as he came out then Soutar getting heckled and booed. Crowd now cheering for Soutar again. Never got the mass booing of players or indeed whistling as they are throwing. Weird behaviour. Sing your songs and support who you support. Don't be a dick. The behaviour of the "audience" has really gone downhill in recent years.