Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Halkett is a cracking signing for Hearts

Possibly the best defender in the league. Certainly one of the best

The signing has really shocked me. Had him a cert to the championship down south on £8k+ a week. Or sevco. A real coup for the JTs.

I think Berra is now a question mark. He needs that pace and without it is being exposed. This is his first major injury and he's 33.

But Souttar and Halkett as a double act and binning the back 3 appeals. Halkett stats are really strong. The one I hadn't paid attention to is Shaugnessey at St J. Very good stats too. Be surprised if Aberdeen or Hibs don't move there.

Anyway. Halkett shows the bar is high for signings down Gorgie. Happy.

The signing has really shocked me. Had him a cert to the championship down south on £8k+ a week. Or sevco. A real coup for the JTs.

I think Berra is now a question mark. He needs that pace and without it is being exposed. This is his first major injury and he's 33.

But Souttar and Halkett as a double act and binning the back 3 appeals. Halkett stats are really strong. The one I hadn't paid attention to is Shaugnessey at St J. Very good stats too. Be surprised if Aberdeen or Hibs don't move there.

Anyway. Halkett shows the bar is high for signings down Gorgie. Happy.

Why would sevco sign Halkett after releasing him not that long back? He's  had a fairly decent season but he is what he is....a bog standard defender who I cannot ever envisage English Championship sides being interested in. At 6 feet nothing he's pretty much a midget in central defensive terms and that lack of height would only be even more evident down south.

Depending on who you believe.....we have already offered Shaughnessy a contract. If it is indeed true I have no idea why he hasn't already snapped it up as it will be the best offer he gets. Maybe he wants a guarantee of getting played? If we were to sign a central defender from St Johnstone I'd far rather it was Jason Kerr. He'd probably cost northwards of £400k but it'd be a decent investment.

Why would sevco sign Halkett after releasing him not that long back? He's had a fairly decent season but he is what he is....a bog standard defender who I cannot ever envisage English Championship sides being interested in. At 6 feet nothing he's pretty much a midget in central defensive terms and that lack of height would only be even more evident down south.

Depending on who you believe.....we have already offered Shaughnessy a contract. If it is indeed true I have no idea why he hasn't already snapped it up as it will be the best offer he gets. Maybe he wants a guarantee of getting played? If we were to sign a central defender from St Johnstone I'd far rather it was Jason Kerr. He'd probably cost northwards of £400k but it'd be a decent investment.

Only going on rumour. Rangers played livi and he was the standout player. Gerrard was ranting about him leaving before his time. Wanted him back.

Would just remind you that lad Lindsay left Partick fir £8k a week.

Aye. We're demanding we get £10m for McKenna then hoping to sign a player who isn't far behind for £400k.

If you think we are going to get £10 million for McKenna then I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking. If we get £6 million we will be doing well. 

As for Kerr.....an uncapped player from an unfashionable club being valued at £2 million? Aye that happens often enough...…

I said northwards of £400k.....I don't think St J would bite at that. But can you really see them turning down £600-700k? I don't think their bank manager, nor Kerr's agent would let them. 

• Downvote 3

Curtis Main fae Motherwell being shown around Tynecastle. Supposedly. Out of contract in May.

Aberdeen also interested but looks like Hearts.

I'm pretty meh about that one.

Main has 3 goals in 30 league games this season so hopefully we have zero interest in him although he'd probably still be a step up from Stevie May. Main is certainly no Sam Cosgrove in the goalscoring stakes.

Wonder if Hearts sniffing around Main means they've already given up on Vanecek.

Totally on all fronts Shinn.

A goal shy thug who is free. I can see Levein almost dropping the phone in his excitement. What is his hatred of small, quick poachers after a career playing with Robbo? (Note. Robbo was quick of mind rather than pacey.) We should be in for the lad at Ayr. I'll answer my own question. Their lack of use at set pieces. Limited physical prowess for route one. And a luxury versus another midfielder. In his eyes.

And yes again. Vanecek is toast. We will already be looking at how to jettison him early. I'm 20% angry at Vanecek after bigging himself up on social then not turning up fit. But 80% angry at levein. Our scouting via apps is shocking and no more than an online gamble. Compare to Motherwell who are far more successful using actual human scouts in England. I can assure you we will not have seen Vanecek even once in the flesh.

But also. Levein says he needs to learn Scottish football is a battle in the air. So why sign a guy who likes carpet football? And who is kicking it in the air to our centre foreatd? Us. Levein is a dinosaur and already our PR machine is in overdrive about the progress under him and Budge evidenced by a cup final appearance. The only thing that evidences is Auchinleck, Partick, Inverness as a cup draw. Seeing Budges smile in May dressed up like the maroon messiah already saddens me. Deeply. That she'll take credit.

As for Vanecek. We now have another cost in agents fees and writing off contracts as per Sammon, Martin, Amawankaa....

Skins

Like you say Levein played with Robertson and against the likes of McCoist enough to know that speed of thought and good positioning are invaluable for strikers. But he just likes big battering rams he always has he will never change. No wonder he has never won anything his whole career with a one dimensional philosophy like that. Without a doubt Shankland would have been a far better shout that that Vanecek character.

Anyway try and be positive your team are in the SC final. Any rival fan saying they are not jealous of that is lying. I don't think Hearts will win but you are one of only two teams that can. The very fortunate draws you've had to get there don't matter a fuck now. It's now all about one game.

Skins

Like you say Levein played with Robertson and against the likes of McCoist enough to know that speed of thought and good positioning are invaluable for strikers. But he just likes big battering rams he always has he will never change. No wonder he has never won anything his whole career with a one dimensional philosophy like that. Without a doubt Shankland would have been a far better shout that that Vanecek character.

Anyway try and be positive your team are in the SC final. Any rival fan saying they are not jealous of that is lying. I don't think Hearts will win but you are one of only two teams that can. The very fortunate draws you've had to get there don't matter a fuck now. It's now all about one game.

Shinn you're totally right. And it's strange cos he's the most cultured centre half I've ever seen at Hearts. Ahead of his time and we'd accepted £750k bids from both Man U and Spurs before his injury. And yet as a manager he likes kick it hard and high rush football.

Anyway. What a final this would be to win. Denying the treble treble 90 mins from doing it. With Lennon in the dugout. Our favourite hate figure. And possibly denying Hibs a European spot in the process.

But I've seen us v celtic this season on a big park at Murrayfield. They passed through us like we were fog. Was just waves of them. So not sure the cunning plan to address that while still posing a threat. Mulraney is coming onto a game but fear levein will move him to wing back. I'd personally rest Berra til the game. He has been rushed back from injury and it shows. We have a trio in Djoum, Lee and Clare who are all a bit chicken hearted for me. That doesn't mean tackling but can also mean showing for the ball and trying to impose themselves with runs, energy, passes, shots. Instead of hiding. Naisy is so important cos he doesn't allow passengers. Plus he works the ikes of Brown and disturbs celtic. Along with uche. They two up high making sure the celtic back 4 get zero time to stroll about and pick midfield passes.

I wish we had wee cochrane in the mix cos he's fearless and would love the space plus he doesn't stop and would again home in on brown. Hate to say it but we're not gonna be pretty and levein needs to get celtic down to our level and irritate them everywhere on the park. As for cochrane levein obviously has an issue there with him or his agent.

Head says 4-0 celtic sadly, but as long as we have a go and don't sit back giving them target practice.

Even though levein has his haters and I'm not a fan. Him winning the Scottish Cup would still be emotional as a figure of my early days as a fan and a bygone era. Think we'd all need to pray for Mikey Stewart though.

Hope ur a jambo for the 90 mate. Euro spot deoending obviously.

Skins

I am honestly not jealous of Hearts playing Celtic in a final given our record against them.

That being said if Hearts actually win the Scottish Cup I want WHS banned for life and I never want it mentioned again.

Could u imagine? Me going on about 4 scottish cup wins. You talking about the 80s?

I absolutely could not stomach it.  Watching some halfwit like Levein fluke a trophy when we've had so many opportunities to do it in recent seasons and fucked it every single time.  The idea causes me great distress.