Straw Poll - McInnes: Stay or Go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. McInnes: Stay or Go?

• McInnes is God!
    • McInnes must Go!

"Mmg" sounds like the sort of noise the OP would make if bound and gagged in a basement somewhere.

Which, by coincidence, is what should actually happen to him, for posting a meaningless poll with totally skewed options.

Which part of The I didnt make the poll post on page 2 didnt you understand? Apology accepted...

Although I posted the Taxi for McInnes thread after 3-1 game against Killie and posted please go in another.

I actually don't care anymore.

I'm very rarely there these days so I haven't really got a major right to dictate. I can't be arsed giving a fuck though, although that isn't Aberdeen that has done that to me, it's football in general.

Agree, football in general is shite nowadays........I dont know if its age or what it is but I dont really want to wtach football anymore. The exception being the dons and Scotland. Im still an unreasonable lunatic screaming at the tv when either team plays. As for any other club football, its shite! The flagship club competition is practically fixed yet people still watch it.

Personally Id get rid of seeding in major competitions and no more automatic places for any team/country. It could spice up the earlier stages and give smaller teams/nations a chance at the big pots of money. How big the TV audiences shouldnt even be a factor in how a competition is formatted. Money should be more evenly split in every league, giving more money to the top teams has to stop because its strangling competition. The reward for winning should be the trophy and the title of winners/champions not more money to become stronger and weaken your rivals.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Now is not the time to sack McInnes but he’s only a couple of defeats away from the fans turning on him completely. Slipping further behind the orcs or behind hibs and a Scottish cup exit will see that happen.

People who say he has a job for life, I disagree. Milne will act if the fans stop going but I do think Milne will give him the start of next season if we totally fuck up this season.

I wouldn't say he has to go now, we are fighting at top end of the league and hopefully make SC Semi final so no reason to sack. I don't think Milne will ever sack him he would need to go on his own ...His team selections confuse the fuck out of me sometimes though. He needs to learn to drop players.

I believe he will be away at end of season down south more than likely.

Fuck him

He let the cunts destabilise the club and then couldnt motivate his bunch of pansies to go out and batter the cunts

Get rid of the lot of them, I say.

Aye time to shop the dead wood, get a new man in like the Slough manager.

He had an interview in the telegraph last week.

I guess @H doesn’t read that as I’ve not seen it posted

• Downvote 1

I don't want him to be sacked but i do hope someone comes in for him and we can part on good terms. I think the latest hun saga was a turning point. He's managing like someone who's handed in their notice at work and is just going through the motions until the last day.

Now is not the time to sack McInnes but hes only a couple of defeats away from the fans turning on him completely. Slipping further behind the orcs or behind hibs and a Scottish cup exit will see that happen.

People who say he has a job for life, I disagree. Milne will act if the fans stop going but I do think Milne will give him the start of next season if we totally fuck up this season.

And thats one of Milne many failings- hell leave it until hes absolutely sure he wont take any flak for binning him... Meanwhile we might be 4th, out of the cup and no chance of Europe by that point...

Who Milne would replace McInnes with, actually fears me more than losing McInnes himself. For that reason, I hope he manages to turn this season around and wins the SC. The fear of him being replaced by the likes of Derek Adams and the like, is unbearable.

Agree, football in general is shite nowadays........I dont know if its age or what it is but I dont really want to wtach football anymore. The exception being the dons and Scotland. Im still an unreasonable lunatic screaming at the tv when either team plays. As for any other club football, its shite! The flagship club competition is practically fixed yet people still watch it.

Personally Id get rid of seeding in major competitions and no more automatic places for any team/country. It could spice up the earlier stages and give smaller teams/nations a chance at the big pots of money. How big the TV audiences shouldnt even be a factor in how a competition is formatted. Money should be more evenly split in every league, giving more money to the top teams has to stop because its strangling competition. The reward for winning should be the trophy and the title of winners/champions not more money to become stronger and weaken your rivals.

Wishful thinking, I know.

I still enjoy watching the game at all levels. I love the sport and always will. Unashamedly, I watch the champions league and EPL as I like watching top professionals. However, outside of Aberdeen (and my local team growing up), it means nothing anymore.

Money completely dominates the sport... wish football was a little more like Australian and American sports, where there is a level playing field for all, in terms of money.

It's an absolute shambles that today, Man City are possibly the best football team in Europe. They are absolute no-marks. A division 1 team, at best, that should be involved in football purely to make up the numbers.

• Downvote 1

Who Milne would replace McInnes with, actually fears me more than losing McInnes himself. For that reason, I hope he manages to turn this season around and wins the SC. The fear of him being replaced by the likes of Derek Adams and the like, is unbearable.

Even Arsenal are finally accepting that it is a waste of time persisting with the same shite expecting different outcomes.

McInnes has done a job, he cannot do better. Especially as his job is only getting harder.

I would prefer the risk of trying someone new over continuing with someone we know cannot improve. Even if we do have a long history of appointing shite managers.

Doing well right now but I'd hate to see my old team mate in our dugout.

• Downvote 2

I still enjoy watching the game at all levels. I love the sport and always will. Unashamedly, I watch the champions league and EPL as I like watching top professionals. However, outside of Aberdeen (and my local team growing up), it means nothing anymore.

Money completely dominates the sport... wish football was a little more like Australian and American sports, where there is a level playing field for all, in terms of money.

It's an absolute shambles that today, Man City are possibly the best football team in Europe. They are absolute no-marks. A division 1 team, at best, that should be involved in football purely to make up the numbers.

Not disagreeing with your overall point, and tbf I don't know enough about Australian sports but the American aspect is a myth that gets wrongly trotted out as a panacea for football's money based ills.

Not disagreeing with your overall point, and tbf I don't know enough about Australian sports but the American aspect is a myth that gets wrongly trotted out as a panacea for football's money based ills.

American sports are not the solution to footballs ills but they are much fairer than football here

Pretty similar, in terms of organisation. Under salary-cap and other financial restrictions, its impossible for one or two teams to dominate forever. Some clubs are basket-cases, who struggle because they're poorly run... however, clear their decks, take a few years to rebuilt and they'll always have that ability to rise up to the top. It's never a closed shop.

However, the draft plays quite a key role too, in conjuction with the salary cap. Because there aren't a few teams who have superior spending power, and are capable of attracting all the talent, players tend to stick with the clubs they've been drafted to. So a club that spends a few years in the doldrums, will more than likely pick-up, when their young recruits start to come of age. They also don't have the fear that Celtic, or a Championship club, are going to bully them with derisory offers for their best talent.

He's made some mistakes and is still making them but I don't think it's time for him to go. If he wants to stay he will and he will rebuild the squad again in the summer. I just hope he makes a better job of it this time.

His team are still in 3rd place and in the quarter-finals of the SC. We finished second last season ahead of the huns (who had at least 3x our budget) and made both cup finals. The much lauded Neil Lennon and his Hibernian team would love to swap places with us for both our current position and also last seasons achievements.

Does McInnes need to up his game? Without a doubt. Does he deserve to be sacked? No he doesn't and there is no way he will be.

Pretty much sums up my feelings, good post

Deek needs to up his game but calling for him to be sacked is madness

And thats one of Milne many failings- hell leave it until hes absolutely sure he wont take any flak for binning him... Meanwhile we might be 4th, out of the cup and no chance of Europe by that point...

Doesn't that cup draw mean 4th qualifies if celt/hun win it.

I can actually see us going out the 2nd round this time.

What gives you this indication?

I want to know the basis before I will follow suit...

If we rebuild properly in the summer, we will go out when we go out, but I won't make the assumption based on fuck all at this stage, especially when the rebuilding hasn't taken shape quite yet.

I can't be arsed caring about it at this stage.

We nearly went out in it last time, are even more mince now, and are laughably short of players and won't have gelled.

Why?

Should you only be able to achieve if you have history and big following?

It is unfortunate that it now needs a sugar daddy type scenario for a team to consistently challenge the heavyweights but without that, you'd even have a smaller top echelon of clubs, who have respectively strangled their domestic games to the point that the vast majority of European domestic football being a foregone conclusion.

Why?

It is unfortunate that it now needs a sugar daddy type scenario for a team to consistently challenge the heavyweights but without that, you'd even have a smaller top echelon of clubs, who have respectively strangled their domestic games to the point that the vast majority of European domestic football being a foregone conclusion.

Basically I think the point is that FFP rules in football are nothing but a massive sham.

How are Man City no marks anyway? They have a perfectly respectable history prior to the eeee peee ellll. Even won a CWC. Bizarre statement really. Bournemouth are a club worthy of that sort of resentment. They truly are a no mark club with delusions of grandeur, buoyed by SKY money.

• Downvote 1

Why?

agree with this. FFP was being pushed hard by certain teams to stop them being challenged. Bayern were massive champions of FFP because they completely dominate German fitba and can challenge in Europe.

As much as I can see where SOTR is coming from, I can also accept the sugar daddy type scenario is the only way to challenge the elite.

Pretty similar, in terms of organisation. Under salary-cap and other financial restrictions, its impossible for one or two teams to dominate forever. Some clubs are basket-cases, who struggle because they're poorly run... however, clear their decks, take a few years to rebuilt and they'll always have that ability to rise up to the top. It's never a closed shop.

However, the draft plays quite a key role too, in conjuction with the salary cap. Because there aren't a few teams who have superior spending power, and are capable of attracting all the talent, players tend to stick with the clubs they've been drafted to. So a club that spends a few years in the doldrums, will more than likely pick-up, when their young recruits start to come of age. They also don't have the fear that Celtic, or a Championship club, are going to bully them with derisory offers for their best talent.

Is this Australia you are talking about cos in terms of American sport, everything you've put there is nonsense. But hey ho...

Is this Australia you are talking about cos in terms of American sport, everything you've put there is nonsense. But hey ho...

Correct... the organisation of Australian sports is based upon the US system. So I am assuming they will share many similarities. There is a draft, salary cap, free agency and no transfer fees.

I'm certainly not an expert on american sports, but would you care to enlighten me, by highlighting which parts of my post are nonsense and why? Would be nice to see if you are actually capable of posting something of substance... rather than your usual worthless shite?

To my mind the principals are the same... however, I do acknowledge in baseball for example, there is a luxuries tax, which allows teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc... something of a financial edge. However, they are hammered for spending outside of the salary cap. There is still the capability for teams like the Kansas City Royals to win the world series, which they did in 2015... however, Hamilton Accies or Kilmarnock will never win the SPFL. Kansas city were able to sign players like a Cy Young runner up to help them win the world series, because they had maneuverability within their salary cap. Accies would never be able to afford to recruit a Tom Rogic or Moussa Dembele.

In Australian sports it really is a level playing field, which is why I find them so appealing. Doesn't matter what your fan base is, or how well your commercial department do, it all comes down to draft selections, recruitment, free agency and management of the salary cap.