Sevco Thread

On 12/2/2021 at 7:04 PM, KenDodd'sDad said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-needham-fined-offensive-rangers-25601070

A worrying development.

Should we start greetin’ when people call us sheep shaggers?

How can you get fined for calling huns huns and calling sevco sevco. Calling the cunts rangers is a work of fiction in itself. 

7 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Hard to tell for sure, but I think he’s just ahead of the ball

He's defintitely ahead of the ball.

I argued this with a Celtic fan I work with in the pub last night.

Didn't argue too strenuously though given that he one punch killed a guff on the day of England v Scotland game at Euro 96. ?

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Didn't argue too strenuously though given that he one punch killed a guff on the day of England v Scotland game at Euro 96. ?

Tragic incident in Filthy's, more about how the victim fell rather than the impact of the punch.

Surprised to hear AB is working to be honest, as there was a subsequent incident where him and his son got jailed.

29 minutes ago, leftside said:

Tragic incident in Filthy's, more about how the victim fell rather than the impact of the punch.

Surprised to hear AB is working to be honest, as there was a subsequent incident where him and his son got jailed.

Aye, and that was similar

>>>The only person seriously injured later died from what turned out to be unconnected and pre-existing medical conditions<<<

Pretty unlucky like.

Fuck knows how many cunts I've punched*. 

Nae killed ony cunt yet.

Must be deeing it wrong. ?

*All deservedly I hasten to add. Self defence.

17 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Hard to tell for sure, but I think he’s just ahead of the ball

10 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Having seen the magic line across the pitch I'll have to concede he was off. Very very tight though and as you're supposed to give the advantage to the attacking side then it's hard to overly  criticise the cheating bastards who allowed it to stand.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

>>>The only person seriously injured later died from what turned out to be unconnected and pre-existing medical conditions<<<

Pretty unlucky like.

Nae killed ony cunt yet.

Where you working with AB? 

worked with him for years and always got on well with him.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

That's not true. You don't give an advantage to anyone. You give the right decision. 

Sometimes you don't definitively know the correct decision. If the refs assistant can't say for sure he is offside he shouldn't be giving it, therefore the advantage is to the attacking side. 

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Pretty unlucky like.

Nae killed ony cunt yet.

ffs cringe

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That's shite. If you don't see an offside then it's not offside.

Too black and white though we're arguing the same point using different words. I've done enough games to know there's a lot of guesswork involved when its a tight call. My take on a situation like that basically agrees with your point as I always felt if I'm not certain its off then its onside. I've also watched many refs go the opposite way and blow for offside in those situations. Trust me, out on a public park the easier thing to do is give the offside. At first glance the one from the celtic v hearts game looked offside all day long to just about everybody. You give that offside on a public park and there won't be much comeback even if the ref didn't see it that way. So many will give offside for a quiet life.