Music

eeps

I don't get the hate for SC

I remember I hadn't actually heard it and when reading Slash's book, he talked of standing in for squire. I thought wtf why would he want to play the first album.

Then I put on SC and the self titled was ditched forever.

Though rarely listen these days, it's still great to here Driving South in the bar from time to time. Great riff

Love spreads has one of my favourite baselines too, actually

For Whom The Bell Tolls takes a lot to beat on bass though

I remember I hadn't actually heard it and when reading Slash's book, he talked of standing in for squire. I thought wtf why would he want to play the first album.

Though rarely listen these days, it's still great to here Driving South in the bar from time to time. Great riff

SC is ok but they really fucked up taking 5 years to release it . It’s disjointed and shows guys that weren’t getting on anymore .

In short they made a cunt of it .

Breaking into heaven also has a beautiful bassline.

SC is ok but they really fucked up taking 5 years to release it . It’s disjointed and shows guys that weren’t getting on anymore .

In short they made a cunt of it .

I like it immensely but you can tell squire was in charge and that he was heavily into led zeppelin at the time. Apparently the rest of the band thought that they would give him this album to indulge him then they could all contribute to the next one. Then he walked out.

A lot of IB’s first solo album were late era roses songs (eg ice cold cube) and they were decent too. Certainly better than that all for one travesty they released. Reformed, promised an album and instead delivered two songs. No b sides just 2 songs in about 5 years. Pricks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Once bought a Tool album, was playing it when my sister came round and said it sounded like Nickelback, the CD got immediately launched out the window onto Rosemount Viaduct. Once Nickelback is heard it can't be unheard.

Sounds like Tool to me.

10 minutes of Tool.

I likes it. Very much feels like a little taster, with a promise of more new dark paths and spiritual journeys to come to open up some new routes in to our consciousness. A paranoid and fearful sound and message in there. Fucking magic!!

Lets see how she goes with the full album.

Which I most definitely will not be paying 80 slabs for. She will be streamed. As it goes, this one is already on Spotify so must be on other platforms too @@Dad.

☝️

New album will provide you with 80 minutes of Tool. From just 7 songs

I hope it is more Aenima than 10,000 days. Or, a mixture of that and Lateralus. I would like that.

I'll buy the vinyl

Coral - Butterfly House

Got a heads up from a sultan and can't believe the quality of the music.

Dunno how I missed it first time round. Excellent playing and writing

Such a solid band, pretty sure it was around the time of that album that I seen them at T In The Park, very good live.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc

I'd have more respect and sympathy for LG's plight if he'd stood up for his lifelong m8, Tony McCarroll, when wee Noely trashed his reputation as one of the most groundbreaking and respected drummers on the planet.