Redtv International

I'm currently living in Australia and considering buying a red TV international subscription.

Judging from the comments in this thread (and others), it looks like it can be pretty hit or miss... What's the scoop? Is it worth it?

I'm a recent subscriber so I don't know how it will be on big match days.

Otherwise it's fine.

The live streams work well but the video clips don't load well for me and I have to refresh the browser [chrome] several times to watch historical game clips.

Has a decent archive library but surprisingly none of it seems to have been remastered.

The biggest thing against you will be the time difference.

Try it on a monthly basis and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...

RedTv is such a joke. They must get countless complaints for the shite service they provide in general.

Not just the technical aspect, that always seems to fk up but the quality of their two main commentators also. That auld codger Greame Shinnie is a complete joke. Even Craig Broon would do a better job than him. The amount of mistakes he makes throughout a game is ridiculous & couple that with the biased red tinted specs mistakes & he actually gets more things wrong than he gets correct.

Even with the benefit of replays & he still makes a cunt of most things. Twice (for example) in the St's post match he said how Rooney nicked a goal from O' Connor, the second time he even added 'for sure' when you can clearly see in the replays that O' Connors header is going wide of target.

Not to mention his disrespectful comment regarding Andy Love. Even if he cannot remember him, he shouldn't blatantly disrespect him in the manner he did. It maybe came out wrong, or at least maybe not in the way he intended but he should be making a point of apologising to the Love family. He may have died a long time ago but 79 goals in ten years ( whilst not a great deal better than Mackie levels) is still worthy of some respect.

I may add that I would love to be able to say I cannot remember players such as Mackie & Clangers but I cannot yet

& my humble apologies also to the Love family & Andrews record being close to Darren Mackies.

I have just checked now & Mackie had almost 100 more games & 4 more years at the club but still only scored 58 goals to Loves 79

Loves goals to games record being almost twice as good. At in in just over 2 & 1/2 games to Makies 1 in over 5 games

I'm currently living in Australia and considering buying a red TV international subscription.

Judging from the comments in this thread (and others), it looks like it can be pretty hit or miss... What's the scoop? Is it worth it?

Purely depends how much you really want to see games "live".

The commentary is crap, and half the games they don't cover for one reason or another but there are still enough covered that I think its just about worthwhile.

The step up in price from UK tonInternational would be worth it if they screened all live games & without technical issues but when it's so fkn hit & miss & clubs like fkn Patrick & Hamilton are providing better quality. It's a fkn joke.

Add to that the chuckle brothers doing Commentary & its computer smashingly frustration at times

Purely depends how much you really want to see games "live".

The commentary is crap, and half the games they don't cover for one reason or another but there are still enough covered that I think its just about worthwhile.

They only cover all the home games and the away games thst are on TV. If it isn't on TV it's a delayed broadcast by a few hours.

For what your paying, and where the money is going I think it's very fair, but I agree on the commentators, need new ones

You sure its their end that's fooked buddy?

Yeah. No access to BBC I Player, ITV Player etc. All say Im out of the Uk so cant watch. Red TV insisting Im in the UK. Either every app that needs me in Uk is wrong, Im dreaming and not actually in the middle of the Omani desert or Red TV are right.

100% their fault.

Just get hotspot shield. You can get a lifetime membership. Not cheap but works every time. Though for really high data rates you're better going for France or something rather than say USA.

No. I subscribed to International Red TV to watch it while Im in Oman. Im not installing stuff on my equipment to bypass something that isnt required to be bypassed. Fuck them. Shower of incompetent cunts.

No. I subscribed to International Red TV to watch it while Im in Oman. Im not installing stuff on my equipment to bypass something that isnt required to be bypassed. Fuck them. Shower of incompetent cunts.

Aye but you can use it at home too.

Pretty sure some guy at pittodrie never put the Oman plug in the UK plug. Your rage is misdirected.

• Downvote 1