Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Redtv International

I'm getting it again. VPN costs as much again to watch it.

What VPN were u using? I payed international subscription all last season & couldn't watch one single match. Using Cyberghost which worked the season b4 wouldnt work this season. U would get about 30 seconds then it would freeze. Btw the only matches I want to watch are the ones that I cant go to because Im at work. I have an ST & travel to most games.

Correct.

My point to WA_Don was for the sake of another 6 quid he potentially could afford both AberDNA and RedTV if he was thinking about becoming an AberDNA member anyway.

(Not judging. Just hoping to break it down a bit.)

If on second thought that it's still too much (and it could be up to as much as 312 quid) then fair enough.

Yeah your paying a extra £200 odd to save £30 on redtv. It's one or the other for me and I'd rather watch the Dons

Yeah your paying a extra £200 odd to save £30 on redtv. It's one or the other for me and I'd rather watch the Dons

Yep, so your financial options are:

1) £120 a year to watch the games on RedTV (watch the majority of games live)

2) £216 a year to get DNA (free football top and a free ticket)

3) £305 a year to get both.

If I could only justify paying for one, it would be the option that lets me watch the games.

What VPN were u using? I payed international subscription all last season & couldn't watch one single match. Using Cyberghost which worked the season b4 wouldnt work this season. U would get about 30 seconds then it would freeze. Btw the only matches I want to watch are the ones that I cant go to because Im at work. I have an ST & travel to most games.

I use total VPN has worked 99% of the time. Two year subscription finishes September I think so will reassess options then.

Yep, so your financial options are:

1) £120 a year to watch the games on RedTV (watch the majority of games live)

2) £216 a year to get DNA (free football top and a free ticket)

3) £305 a year to get both.

If I could only justify paying for one, it would be the option that lets me watch the games.

Yes but RedTv provide a really REALLY poor service. So many 'glitches' they try to blame on your internet provider it's scary.

It is highlighted by the fact that when we play away & there are no problems when we are using other sides services. Ffs teams like Hamilton & Partick are providing better streams than RedTv. 90% of issues I have had with watching Aberdeen games online have been during home games.

Because they are cheap cunts & are focusing all their Attentions on wasted efforts to prevent folk trying to stream games illegally rather than actually providing their genuine overseas customers the service they are actually paying for.

I have logged in so many times from abroad (genuinely) & had them blocking me from video options & trying to tell me I am in the U.K. When clearly I am not but then by the second half the 'issue' is gone.

Fuck RedTv. They will not get another penny from me. All they do is make up BS excuses & hope you will continue to pay them to take the piss out of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Often take Red TV International on a month's sub if I'm away on holiday or whatever. Never had an issue with it, always been fine. Even watching on an iPad on pub WiFi in Spain it was perfect.

Have used it at home with a VPN and it was also perfect.

Just to clarify, all home games are shown on Red TV, all away games that are on BT and Sky are also shown and some other away games where the home club can provide a stream from their own channel which as far as I'm aware is only Hibs, Hearts, Partick, Celtic and Rangers.

• 4 weeks later...

Im going to be in Bruge on Thursday night. Logged onto Red TV to upgrade to RedTV international, but the only upgrade option is to move from monthly fee to an annual subscription. Does international automatically kick in for redtv users when they are overseas?

I know there was a cutoff for subscribing to redtv before last weeks game and I dont want to miss any cutoff forThursday night (I dont arrive in Bruge until 6pm).

Guest the shepherd

Im going to be in Bruge on Thursday night. Logged onto Red TV to upgrade to RedTV international, but the only upgrade option is to move from monthly fee to an annual subscription. Does international automatically kick in for redtv users when they are overseas?

I know there was a cutoff for subscribing to redtv before last weeks game and I dont want to miss any cutoff forThursday night (I dont arrive in Bruge until 6pm).

Going by my knowledge of RedTV the only way around about it for you would be to subscribe to the annual international subscription (may still be able to pay in monthly instalments by DD) in order to watch the game in Belgium. It kicks in automatically. My brother was an international subscriber when working in Angola. He wiz either a tenner or £15 pounds a month until he cancelled it.

I have Red TV International and i do not think they are showing the Burnley game..next match is the Sevco game on Sunday.

I will have to find a stream tomorrow

I noticed that as well, unless they announce coverage late on. Audio only showing at the minute.

Pretty pissed off with that considering it will be on BT sport. Shelling out for RedTV international and then having to find a virus laden stream on cricfree or the like is pretty fucking irritating.

That and the fact that the hun game will be kicking off half an hour before I finish work, meaning I'll have to avoid all sources of the result for half a day until they upload the video is a pain in the jeer as well.

I noticed that as well, unless they announce coverage late on. Audio only showing at the minute.

Pretty pissed off with that considering it will be on BT sport. Shelling out for RedTV international and then having to find a virus laden stream on cricfree or the like is pretty fucking irritating.

That and the fact that the hun game will be kicking off half an hour before I finish work, meaning I'll have to avoid all sources of the result for half a day until they upload the video is a pain in the jeer as well.

Oh i am upset also..most of the streams are terrible.

Pay good money every month..

• Downvote 1

I just assumed it would be on RedTV international - never thought to check. Sounds like I may need to tune into radio Scotland instead. Im taping BT Sport, but dont intend to hide from the score for the next 4 days!! Nor do I want a virus laden streaming site near my machine.

Thanks for info though, much appreciated. Good luck with your own attempts to view the match.

Just thought you might have some quip about not sitting in listening to Radio Scotland, get out drinking 9% wheat ales or something.

We move on.

nah it’s ok. We can easily discuss brugges.

My favourite boozer is the brugs beerje. But there are countless other nice place to admire the view with a strange Hendrick.

And fav eateries are vlaamse pot.

Also the stove, just off the main sq.

But aye. Beats radio Scotland

LOL