Our Away Support At Hearts

We've taken 5 off St Johnstone recently and have been Celtics bum boys when it's really mattered.

I lost interest because of the types of fans that now dominate our support, happy clapping fuds that moan at you for criticising something that is worthy of it, fans that bend over and accept anything the club tells them, fans that love having a manager that says 2nd is as good as it will ever get for Aberdeen, a manager that starts winnable games with 7 defence minded players, fans that don't mind the chairman saying we need a strong rangers and one that thinks a tin shack in a field is a legacy but winning cups isn't.

Pretty sad that you are now a grown man and still worry about what folk think of you pal.

Why do people get offended about swearing?  I find the "please don't swear in front of my kids" line particularly bewildering.  What do they think is going to happen?  Will the kid get leprosy because they've heard me call the referee a hun cunt?

I'm with minijc on this one, far too many overly sensitive cock smokers in our support these days.

Not quite, going to the football is a hassle when you've got fans that clipe on you and look to get you thrown out because they don't agree with what you shout/sing.

Folk cliped on you and tried to get you thrown out when we were shite?

You used to complain if folk had decided to wave a flag, blocking your view. How is that any different from you standing in front of someone who is sitting? Forums were full of folk complaining about the Red Ultras not joining in with the rest of the crowd and singing their own songs. Don't see how any of that is different?

Why do people get offended about swearing?  I find the "please don't swear in front of my kids" line particularly bewildering.  What do they think is going to happen?  Will the kid get leprosy because they've heard me call the referee a hun cunt?

I'm with minijc on this one, far too many overly sensitive cock smokers in our support these days.

Well it depends, doesn't it. I had a row with a lad a few games ago because he got in to an argument with the guy in the row in front of me and called him a cunt. This is the Merkland stand. I don't mind the language etc in other parts of the ground as that would be my choice to go there, but I'm not up for it in the kids stand. Not sure if you have kids of your own but they pick up words very quickly.

Well it depends, doesn't it. I had a row with a lad a few games ago because he got in to an argument with the guy in the row in front of me and called him a cunt. This is the Merkland stand. I don't mind the language etc in other parts of the ground as that would be my choice to go there, but I'm not up for it in the kids stand. Not sure if you have kids of your own but they pick up words very quickly.

They drop them quick enough as well.  It's like blaming video games for violent behaviour.  Load of pish.

Folk cliped on you and tried to get you thrown out when we were shite?

You used to complain if folk had decided to wave a flag, blocking your view. How is that any different from you standing in front of someone who is sitting? Forums were full of folk complaining about the Red Ultras not joining in with the rest of the crowd and singing their own songs. Don't see how any of that is different?

I would tell the person not to wave the flag, there's a big difference between standing to watch a game because others in front of you are already standing and waving a flag which blocks the view of multiple people, wave it before the game, meh, or at half time not when we're on the fucking attack resulting in people not knowing what's going on.  Also if anyone comes to the Y for a comfy seat and fine view well they deserve everything they get if someone is stood in the row in front of them.

As for the ultras of course it's different, them staring you out for singing an ABERDEEN song while they were singing about fucking Boa Vista.

I would tell the person not to wave the flag, there's a big difference between standing to watch a game because others in front of you are already standing and waving a flag which blocks the view of multiple people, wave it before the game, meh, or at half time not when we're on the fucking attack resulting in people not knowing what's going on.  Also if anyone comes to the Y for a comfy seat and fine view well they deserve everything they get if someone is stood in the row in front of them.

As for the ultras of course it's different, them staring you out for singing an ABERDEEN song while they were singing about fucking Boa Vista.

So in summary, it's shite when it happens to you too.

Cheers.

So in summary, it's shite when it happens to you too.

Cheers.

Never once complained about someone standing, only ever moaned about people singing songs that had nothing to do about Aberdeen where as there's been several situations this season and last where other fans have went to stewards and police about other fans for standing and singing, 

Never once complained about someone standing, only ever moaned about people singing songs that had nothing to do about Aberdeen where as there's been several situations this season and last where other fans have went to stewards and police about other fans for standing and singing, 

I couldn't care less about folk standing, singing etc as long as they're not in a family stand.

Just wanted to point out your hypocrisy on the matter.

I couldn't care less about folk standing, singing etc as long as they're not in a family stand.

Just wanted to point out your hypocrisy on the matter.

Last I checked south stand isn't a family stand nor are there family stands for the away fans, there's no real hypocrisy, you're original reply was you picking at me because I don't like happy clappers moaning at me for saying a player is shite, when clearly he is.  Aberdeen want and have a sterile fan base that are happy to accept what is served to them, they challenge fuckall that the club says, Kingsford a prime example of this.

Last I checked south stand isn't a family stand nor are there family stands for the away fans, there's no real hypocrisy, you're original reply was you picking at me because I don't like happy clappers moaning at me for saying a player is shite, when clearly he is.  Aberdeen want and have a sterile fan base that are happy to accept what is served to them, they challenge fuckall that the club says, Kingsford a prime example of this.

I never said the South Stand was the family stand :hysterical:

Last I checked south stand isn't a family stand nor are there family stands for the away fans, there's no real hypocrisy, you're original reply was you picking at me because I don't like happy clappers moaning at me for saying a player is shite, when clearly he is. Aberdeen want and have a sterile fan base that are happy to accept what is served to them, they challenge fuckall that the club says, Kingsford a prime example of this.

The Aberdeen fan base are no different to any others when it comes to that kind of stuff.

There are many fans who about their only contribution is this kind of thing.  Moan at players (usually specific ones repeatedly, but got one near me who it is just whoever is flavour of the minute) and have to shout it so the people within a 10-15 seat radius can hear as the players certainly won't.  If they aren't doing that, they are silent or chatting with their mates.  It's fucking tedious, and when you don't have any atmosphere, it just grates over the course of a match.  

It's one of the main factors in why a visit to Pittodrie is shite just now.  No atmosphere, just general murmuring apart from the occasional negative shout.  

Favourite recently was someone who complained at McLennan for trying too much every time... 

Kids will hear swearing every day of their lives, in the playground as much as anywhere. A parents job is to teach them not to repeat them, at least not in front of grown-ups. People worry about nothing.

"son, that man said cunt. It's a bad word, don't let me hear you saying cunt, ok?"

As I said, I take him and my nephew to the family stand for that specific reason. If I was to take him to the South or an away game then it's on me and I know what I'm getting in to.

Are we talking folk singing about Celtic boys club or the Ibrox disaster, or are we talking about the Red Ultras trying some European style chants?

"son, that man said cunt. It's a bad word, don't let me hear you saying cunt, ok?"

As I said, I take him and my nephew to the family stand for that specific reason. If I was to take him to the South or an away game then it's on me and I know what I'm getting in to.

Exactly ergo you don’t take them and probably don’t go yourself which is kind of the point.