Aberdeen V Dumbarton (1-0)

Christ, can't believe folk on here suggesting we 'rest' players. Has no-one else lived through the last 20-odd years? we have 3/4 of an excellent season and we now have to drop in form players for crucial games.

If we're coasting 3-0 at half time, fair enough, take players on a booking off.

The only player I'd consider not playing is Russell, and not through any form/resting, a red card (at any point), and he misses the cup final, and if there's one player that deserves a chance to lift a trophy on that pitch on 16th of March its Russell.

• Upvote 3

This. They are no pushovers.

Exactly. We are in this position because of key players like flood Hayes Anderson etc. they do not need rested. We generally only play once a week. Not like there has been a run of sat/tues games. Field a string side win the game. Simple. Fucking about with fielding squad guys or youngsters is just folly plain and simple.

Am sure flood etc were they asked would not want to be dropped. Cup quarter finals are the games players look forward to.

Winners want to play in all games.

As said in my previous posts, put out the strongest side possibly. If Pawlett has a groin injury, swap him for Robson. Cammy Smith looked pretty lively when he came on against St Johnstone. Would like to see him involved more. Still want McGinn to start and hopefully score a goal. Anderson needs to play!

Langfield

Logan Anderson Reynolds Considine

Jack Flood

Low Smith McGinn

Rooney

Subs - Weaver, Shaughnessy, Robson, Hayes, Vernon

Langfield - additional time with our new backs (Logan/Tate) that might play re communication (and as has already been stated, he doesn't need a rest).

Anderson - played 10 minutes v Celtic and zero minutes v St. J. He's definitely rested (and we don't want him thrown into the League Cup Final cold). If we're walking it then he can be replaced by Tate or Joe 'Shock' for the last 20 minutes.

Low - to give Hayes (who's also on a yellow) a wee rest (and who would be strong off the bench for any of the three playing behind Rooney).

Smith - I was more than happy with shift last game and have no worries about him filling in for PeePaw (who came off injured and is on a yellow) against the Sons.

McGinn - needs to get a goal (and I don't care if it's against Melchester Rovers at this point).

Rooney - can make way for Vernon if we are cruising it.

(No inures and no cards for this one please!)

I'd rest pawlett and Anderson, they're the main two we cannot do without, in the final.

langfield

logan considine Reynolds robson

jack flood

mcginn smith hayes

rooney

i'll take another terrible 1-0 as long we don't suffer any injuries unless ofcourse climbing frame fizzer ruptures a testicle on a peg holding doon the net.

He looked OK against Celtic, which is really the only game I've seen him play in. Seemed to read the game, and the flight of the ball well and passed the ball about OK.

I think the change late on was more for Anderson's leadership than for anything else.

I won't be leading a campaign to get him signed for next season, but have no fears in him being played between now and the end of the season - although I would prefer him to be used alongside Reynolds to make up for an obvious lack of pace.

He had well over 100 appearances as a first choice centreback for a top English Championship side, before an EPL place and the money that comes with it saw him replaced. I think that demonstrates he has it in him to be a decent reserve for SP team.

Looked to have a fairly poorly timed tackle on sat v st Johnstone.

One that could easily have been a fantastic tackle or a red card. He was fully committed but thankfully nothing came of it (think it was the one where they hit the post)

He's just maybe not had enough game time up here to get up to speed of our games?

Looked to have a fairly poorly timed tackle on sat v st Johnstone.

One that could easily have been a fantastic tackle or a red card. He was fully committed but thankfully nothing came of it (think it was the one where they hit the post)

He's just maybe not had enough game time up here to get up to speed of our games?

I think he's had 10 games in 3 seasons so you may have a point (for once :hypno: )