New Stadium Approved

Cheers.

Any other ideas?

We could set up a fans group and get thousands signed up. Then organise meetings with the club and they'd really have to listen to what we say.

Call it Dons Supporters Together or something.

Whether you agree with the DST or not, at least they did something. The furthest you've got is replying to people saying "Any other ideas" because you don't actually have the intelligence to think up simple ideas yourself.

I'll tell you what I would do if I was so strongly against the stadium that I felt compelled to do something about it.

In an hour I'd have registered a Twitter and FB page, circulated that around to get the word out, and then once a few people signed up I'd have organised a meeting with likeminded fans where I'd put my ideas across as to how we would help stop it, and let others raise their ideas too.

I'd be first looking to see how many people were actually signing up at all. If it was a low number, I've either not tried hard enough or I'd get the message there isn't that many against it. If I found myself with a few thousand members then actually I could create a very powerful voice.

But, I suppose your strategy of posting ridiculous stuff on here is far more likely to be success. Good luck with that. I reckon you're a few pages away from persuading the club to listen to you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Why not?

Surely an inclusive community stadium would be to the benefit of all?

I've no idea why anyone would be against that.

Sound too "lefty" for you or something?

:dontknow:

Have you seen our Council?

Not sure why knowing what ACC are like to work with makes me particularly right-wing but then generally anybody who calls someone out as leftist or far-right is a cunt, which tallies because you are an absolute fucking cunt.

• Upvote 2

Have you seen our Council?

Not sure why knowing what ACC are like to work with makes me particularly right-wing but then generally anybody who calls someone out as leftist or far-right is a cunt, which tallies because you are an absolute fucking cunt.

Chill oot Rocky! :)

I only asked why you were against a community stadium that would benefit all and wondered if it was because you were against such ideas for political reasons.

The reason you now claim is because of our current City Council.

Pap!

• Downvote 3

Council on board = loads of options.

Kings Links, Queens Links, Seaton Park, UTG, Broad Street, flatten part o Tilly... hunners of options.

:)

So having the council on board makes sites that are currently too small, unsuitable to build on or would require eviction and rehoming of thousands of people suddenly viable options?

News flash, the council approved kingsford. ie they are on board. With Kingsford.

• Upvote 4

Kings Links isn't big enough, has various owners and the ground works would cost a fortune.

Queens Links, as above (however I'm unsure about ground ownership)

Seaton Park, last time I was there a fair chunk of it was under water.

UTG, Broad Street and Tilly, I'm really hoping you were joking with that options.

• Downvote 1

Chill oot Rocky! :)

I only asked why you were against a community stadium that would benefit all and wondered if it was because you were against such ideas for political reasons.

The reason you now claim is because of our current City Council.

Pap!

The cooncil is fucking broke, no chance they can afford to help. The cheapest option for them was to approve Kingsford. So they did.

Kings Links isn't big enough, has various owners and the ground works would cost a fortune.

Queens Links, as above (however I'm unsure about ground ownership)

Both are comfortably big enough for the stadium.

Additional cost for ground works would be circa 500k according to an earlier poster which is hardly a fortune if building a 40mil stadium.

• Upvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

Kings Links? Queens links?

Fuck me, this has been flogged to death already.

KL is owned by an existing business. Do you seriously think they would offer it up to AFC for the same price as Kingsford and step aside to let another business develop just because in the eyes of some "they should"?

The QL? Where exactly?

I could by wrong but I seem to recall that certain areas of the QL is owned by the people of Aberdeen and there are restrictions on building on links land.

Either way, this has been flogged to death.

Kingsford has been approved by the Council.

It's a done deal apart from a few NIMBYs squeaking and wasting their money.

It'll go ahead at Kingsford like it or not.

GIB

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fuck me, this has been flogged to death already.

KL is owned by an existing business. Do you seriously think they would offer it up to AFC for the same price as Kingsford and step aside to let another business develop just because in the eyes of some "they should"?

The QL? Where exactly?

I could by wrong but I seem to recall that certain areas of the QL is owned by the people of Aberdeen and there are restrictions on building on links land.

Either way, this has been flogged to death.

Kingsford has been approved by the Council.

It's a done deal apart from a few NIMBYs squeaking and wasting their money.

It'll go ahead at Kingsford like it or not.

GIB

:laughing: Aye ok.

• Downvote 1

Finally!

So we're 26mil short.

Its in a shite location.

Its got no bars/shops/restaurants within a mile radius.

Its got shite transport links (everyone knows the shuttle bus idea is bonkers).

Its not got enough car parking (only Stewart T could propose building a stadium in the middle of some fields and not have enough car parking spaces).

Its got a bar and café that'll cater for 460 in total (equivalent of 1 Archies in city centre).

We've been told absolute bollocks like its that or games in weeg.

etc, etc, etc.

But GIB cos its handy for teuchters and glory hunters.

Aberdeen FC, "but, but, but it is in the city".

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

So we're 26mil short. - Glass half empty min - we have secured over half of the funds already.

Its in a shite location. - Subjective.

Its got no bars/shops/restaurants within a mile radius. Shops and restaurants... I personally canna mind the last time i ever done either before or after a game. If that stops folk going to the football, they shouldnt be going. Its only a short walk to the Westhill bars and restaurants anyway.

Its got shite transport links (everyone knows the shuttle bus idea is bonkers). Needs to be addressed, but at least its being considered.

Its not got enough car parking (only Stewart T could propose building a stadium in the middle of some fields and not have enough car parking spaces). Theres nae any designated parking at Pittodire, unless you include that tiny bit out back of Main Stand. Everyone else parks in a residential area or on the beach front. Theres a big industrial area in Westhill, also a Tesco and their own residential areas etc.

Its got a bar and café that'll cater for 460 in total (equivalent of 1 Archies in city centre). Better than nothing, which is what they offer just now. Plus there will be burger vans etc on site as well. Its not like we are all going to starve. Most people will be driving to the game, as they currently do, so the bar doesnt need to cater to thousands of fans.

We've been told absolute bollocks like its that or games in weeg. Aye this utter horse shit of course.

etc, etc, etc.

But GIB cos its handy for teuchters and glory hunters. Fucking right it is :happy: !!

Aberdeen FC, "but, but, but it is in the city".

:rolleyes: