Ched Evans

He's done his time. Don't see why he can't move on.

He'll get major abuse from the fans.

Will he be any use? I mean 5 years without proper training is a fair length for a pro footballer. Couple that with trying to get team mates that are happy playing in the same team as a rapist and I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, and that's even without taking in the fans and owners opinions about hiring him.

Will he be any use? I mean 5 years without proper training is a fair length for a pro footballer. Couple that with trying to get team mates that are happy playing in the same team as a rapist and I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, and that's even without taking in the fans and owners opinions about hiring him.

He's only been inside 18 months.

Up to the clubs. Their problem if they take him on.

He's only been inside 18 months.

Good point that I totally missed. Fucking work getting in the way of a good fitba discussion!

Still, it's a long 18 months. Nae control over what was going in nutritionally, limited exercise, nae fitba to watch... I'd assume it's very hard to be so distanced from the game only to walk right back in.

Good point that I totally missed. Fucking work getting in the way of a good fitba discussion!

Still, it's a long 18 months. Nae control over what was going in nutritionally, limited exercise, nae fitba to watch... I'd assume it's very hard to be so distanced from the game only to walk right back in.

Lee Mucculoch has been at it for years and still get's paid a wage.....................

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The only way he'll get a career is abroad, he's going to have to go to Russia or somewhere like that before he'll be able to start his new life.

There was always going to be this uproar.

I think the issue is he hasn't made an apology about it, from what I can see...

Be pretty daft to issue an apology when he's got an appeal coming up.

To be quite honest even if he didnt have an appeal, why the fuck does he need to make an apology in order to be allowed to work again in his chosen field?

He's served his sentence. If the sentence was too lenient then that is the fault of the justice system not him.

And given the nature of the offence, whereby it essentially comes down to who the jury believe rather than physical evidence (given it wasn't a violent assault) then if the boy believes he is innocent then why should he apologise? She could be a lying cunt.

And if he is guilty, then he's served a jail sentence for his crime so he should be allowed to go back to work. All this apology stuff is fucking mock outrage from arseholes. Lets be honest, what fucking difference does that make? He could go on the telly and appear all contrite and genuine and apologise, but inside be thinking she fucking deserved it and i'd do it again. It's a hollow act that means fuck all in the scheme of things here.

Rape is a heinous crime, perpetrated by horrible cunts, but that's what the justice system is supposed to be for. If the public are outraged by him only serving 2 years, then pipe up about the justice system, don't ask for an apology from the person who has had 'justice' served on him.

• Upvote 7

I think it's complete bollocks. Who are these women to dictate what job he is or isn;t allowed to have now he's out of jail? He has done his time, served his punishment and is now looking to get on with his life and make a living in the field of work he is good at and knows. If he was a plumber or a sparky, would there be an outrage if he came out of jail and was looking to get back into a job working as a plumber or sparky? would there fuck.

To be quite honest even if he didnt have an appeal, why the fuck does he need to make an apology in order to be allowed to work again in his chosen field?

He's served his sentence. If the sentence was too lenient then that is the fault of the justice system not him.

And given the nature of the offence, whereby it essentially comes down to who the jury believe rather than physical evidence (given it wasn't a violent assault) then if the boy believes he is innocent then why should he apologise? She could be a lying cunt.

And if he is guilty, then he's served a jail sentence for his crime so he should be allowed to go back to work. All this apology stuff is fucking mock outrage from arseholes. Lets be honest, what fucking difference does that make? He could go on the telly and appear all contrite and genuine and apologise, but inside be thinking she fucking deserved it and i'd do it again. It's a hollow act that means fuck all in the scheme of things here.

Rape is a heinous crime, perpetrated by horrible cunts, but that's what the justice system is supposed to be for. If the public are outraged by him only serving 2 years, then pipe up about the justice system, don't ask for an apology from the person who has had 'justice' served on him.

Exactly. Who is Jessica Ennis to think she's judge, jury and executioner?

It's over. Draw a line underneath it.

On Facebook you've got all the arguments that "RAPE IS RAPE" however, that is not quite correct. There is a significant difference between grabbing someone from behind a bush and raping them, and having a woman willingly coming back to your place and having sex with you, she then forgot about it due to being hammered and calls rape. Which seems to be the case in 90% of these footballer cases. It always seems to be the case that it's "the guys fault" even though he was also hammered and probably doesn't remember much about it either...in that scenario the law is sexists in how it perceives the "victim".

If two drunk people have sex then both have to take responsibility.

Obviously there are obvious cases where you've got sober guys picking on very drunk women...this is very rapey. But it a lot of these cases you've just got some drunk guy getting jiggy with a drunk girl!

Anyways, i'm not condoning rape or those who take advantage. But there needs to be a better clarity on what is "rape" and what is effectively "going out, getting hammered, getting jiggy with some guy then regretting it in the morning".