I didn't really think he'd stay, truth be told, but that is fantastic news. We often say when a player leaves they are replaceable but I would think we'd struggle to get a goalkeeper near to Joe's quality. Especially thinking back over the last 20 years. After Kjaer, I don't think we've had anyone close(and Joe is better anyway). Not often our best players stay. This is his third contract, I think? Some boy.

Wonder if they'll try and credit Joe's new contract to AberDNA as the subscriptions come up for renewal.

New captain for me.

I'd usually prefer an outfield player but he definitely has all the leadership qualities you'd want in a captain.

McKenna is probably off, a bit too soon for Ferguson maybe and Considine hopefully won't be a starting 11 when everyone is fit type player next season.

Just seen the news! Jumped up and down as though we'd scored a goal. Absolutely delighted. Just what the fans need right now.

We should be encouraged by this news as Lewis will have wanted reassurance that we are going to be strengthening this summer. Hopefully this is an indication that quality players will arrive this coming transfer window.

To think we put up with fucking Langfield for years.

Agreeing with you Del Monte is something I can’t ever remember doing before...but in this instance you are spot on...Lewis will save us 10 points a season whereas Langfield would cost us 10...essentially a 20 point swing...excellent use of the funds we couldn’t persuade Shinnie to sign with...would be my guess

• Upvote 2
Guest the shepherd

Agreeing with you Del Monte is something I can’t ever remember doing before...but in this instance you are spot on...Lewis will save us 10 points a season whereas Langfield would cost us 10...essentially a 20 point swing...excellent use of the funds we couldn’t persuade Shinnie to sign with...would be my guess

Fantastic bit of business by Aberdeen getting arguably the best 'keeper in Britain signed up on a new deal for the next five years. Fair assessment that we may be resigned to losing Graeme Shinnie and funds that had been set aside for him signing on again have been used to convince Joe Lewis to stay but this news more than makes up for that.